Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And i've never said they are uninteligent, i just think it's weird that a guy like Luke, nephew of a farmer who never got off planet or done anything can understand it easily.
Yet that farmboy had a little something called the Force on his side. Yoda~ "For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship." Don't go doubting on no Force.

Also, Luke might be a 'Farm Boy', but he's one: Not an idiot, and two: Has dealt with Droids for most of his life. Just because he's a farmer doesn't mean he's inexperienced with tech.

Besides, R2 isn't -that- hard to understand on a basic issue.

Also, Luke might be a 'Farm Boy', but he's one: Not an idiot, and two: Has dealt with Droids for most of his life. Just because he's a farmer doesn't mean he's inexperienced with tech.
:confused:

I thought the discussion was how could Luke understand Chewie. :confused: What does that have to with Luke knowing tech?

Not really, i think this got a lot more to do with them being from species with very different vocal cord structure than the language itself.

That only means that they can't respond to Chewie in his own language and has no bearing as to whether they have the ability on whether they can understand him or not.

Think about your logic. How can Chewie understand English/Basic so easily if his vocal chord structure doesn't allow him to speak it?

Yet that farmboy had a little something called the Force on his side. Yoda~ "For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship." Don't go doubting on no Force.

I don't really like when it becomes an explanation to each and everything, but i guess that's how it goes, "will of the force".

That only means that they can't respond to Chewie in his own language and has no bearing as to whether they have the ability on whether they can understand him or not.

Think about your logic. How can Chewie understand English/Basic so easily if his vocal chord structure doesn't allow him to speak it?

That means it's harder for the average person to pick up and distinguish the sounds.

And that is assuming that humans can even hear every frequency of Wookie speak.

And yes, i imagine that the average Wookie would have difficulty picking up the sounds humans make, it works both ways.

I don't really like when it becomes an explanation to each and everything, but i guess that's how it goes, "will of the force".
Must break my fingers to keep from typing what I’m thinking. where is Achilles? Never mind, I’ll not go there. :)

Well we are talking about fictional universe and fictional characters so it isn’t that far of a stretch to have fictional explanations.:thmbup1:

I don't see how Human/Wookiee inability to properly speak each others native languages would be a problem with comprehending them. Admittedly, this whole thing is -completely- irrelevant, but still, the point stands.

@ mstr kenobi: Only it doesn't work that way because it's Star Wars, it's in a galaxy far, far away and it's fiction. Also, apparently Han Solo and the Jedi aren't average people :p

"Use the Force, Luke!"

"But, I can't, there's not a scientific enough explanation based in reality for me to think such a thing even exists! Also, you shouldn't even be able to tell me that since you're dead! I call shenanigans on this entire thing and I'm going home!"

*Luke pulls out of trench run and goes back to Tatooine. Death Star blows up Yavin 4*

Hooray.

This isn't the 'big announcement' (at least I hope it isn't), but it might be interesting to people. From Star Wars' Facebook page -

NEW! A Conversation with the Masters: The Empire Strikes Back 30 Years Later (2010, Color, Apx. 25 Minutes) – George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan and John Williams look back on the making of The Empire Strikes Back in this in-depth retrospective from Lucasfilm created to help commemorate the 30th anniversary of the movie. The masters discuss and reminisce about one of the most beloved films of all time.

Must break my fingers to keep from typing what I’m thinking. where is Achilles? Never mind, I’ll not go there. :)

Well we are talking about fictional universe and fictional characters so it isn’t that far of a stretch to have fictional explanations.:thmbup1:

I get that, but when the force becomes the resolution/explanation to your small every day problems it's a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, this small issue doesn't stop me from enjoying the movies, i just think it's something of a stretch.

It does stop me from enjoying Kashyyk in KOTOR, because that ever looping sound gives me a headache.

@ mstr kenobi: Only it doesn't work that way because it's Star Wars, it's in a galaxy far, far away and it's fiction.

Well... you should've opened with that instead of trying real world logic first :D

Hooray.

Star Wars would have ended way before then.

Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.

Obi-Wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.

Stormtrooper: Shut up you old coot! No sudden movement!

Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Stormtrooper: Well they fit the descriptions perfectly.

Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.

Stormtrooper: I’ve warned you.

Obi-Wan: Move along.

Troopers open fire on Luke and Obi-Wan.

Back to the OP Topic:

I hope they release it with just the movies in HD, because all the extras are, safe to say, Absolute garbage, I have no interest whatsoever in "Making of" documentaries and audio commentary. Now if they had announced what additions/subtractions/retouches they had applied to the Films I could get excitable about this...

Details

Don't get me wrong,

Blu-Ray= Awesome

Star Wars= Pretty Good (Used to be Awesome, but I cry a lot nowadays)

All in one set= yay

Announcement= well, we knew it was out on Blu-ray, and would probably still have all the extras from the DVD releases... what was announced?

I too am dissapointed with the extras. Specially the lack of prequel content, and that disc 9 almost full of garbage.

I'm only curious to see the list of deleted/alternate scenes they included this time; The rest of the discs (1-6 & 9) don't disappoint me.

Archived