Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've kind of given up on George, lets be honest pretty much everyone but some of the fools over at Lucas Film knows the ANH Lightsabers especially Luke's on the Falcon need fixing, yet the most glaringly obvious thing they haven't fix on this point I dothink that fans are now ironically doing far better with his creations. I may well get the Blue Ray set at some point, but what annoys me is why they couldn't include the original cinematic releases as part of the set....

I'm aware of this website; http://www.fanedit.info/SW.html which for those unaware of fan edits would be worth a check out. Props to Q for pointing me the way of the above.

I have to say I thoroughly recommend Adywan's EP IV 2004 Special Edition Revisited, its frankly superb and IMO the best version of ANH click here for a review.

Out of interest guys does anyone have an recommendation for fan edits that are worth a look? Especially of the PT... And TPM and AotC in particular...

The Phantom Edit

Maybe I should check some of these out XD

EDIT: Oh yeah, I've seen a clip on YouTube of the Death Star edit talked about in that review... it's like... crazy, it just turns into a BLOODBATH.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

You know what's really ridiculous is that fact Adywan added tie-fighters look more realistic than Lucas Arts CGI of all the X-wings, which looks very CGI to me.... The Death Star battle is SO much better!!!!

You know what's really ridiculous is that fact Adywan added tie-fighters look more realistic than Lucas Arts CGI

You do know that Adywan's TIE fighters are CGI too, right? And it's Lucasfilm/ILM's CGI, not LucasArts.

In any case, I like Adywan's revisited version, and I'm waiting for TESB Revisited aswell.

You do know that Adywan's TIE fighters are CGI too, right? And it's Lucasfilm/ILM's CGI, not LucasArts.

I wasn't sure how he did it, but they look great, he seems to use a mix of models and CGI. Just those X-wing fighters for the 2004 version just look very CGI (at least to me)...

Same difference ;) Same incompetence, same lets P*** off our fan base attitude...

In any case, I like Adywan's revisited version, and I'm waiting for TESB Revisited aswell.

I can honestly say I don't think I will go back!

I don't look at it that way. Those CGI shots are from 1997, and they've holden up quite well.

I hadn't realised they were done in 97' thought they were 04, look alright for 97, but I'd still say they are clearly CGI...

How does that show incompetence or hate towards the fans?

Sorry I was being flippant, I wasn't saying the above shows incompetence or hate, but generally LA and LF; don't care what the fan base thinks. Have over the years come up with worse and worse plots and shallower and shallower characters.. Just me 2 cents....

my dad ordered the blu ray box set, and it came on it's day of release (yesterday, at least in the UK). I have mixed feelings of it. Picture ITSELF is little to no different in my eyes, but special effects are cleaned up in places and little details are picked out. Not the best set of blu rays though. Mind you, I haven't watched the prequels yet, which could be loads better in blu ray for all I know.

So yeah, not a fantastic blu ray. Highlander was a fantastic blu ray. This was not Highlander. :(

Love these insightful reviews, they make me almost want to cancel my preorder…I haven’t watched half of it, but what I have watched is okay, but it isn’t that good. Guess I’ll just have to wait until the 16th to see for myself. I mean it could be okay, but it most likely isn’t as good as ALF, but it could better... ;)

Now I'm ticked at George, why do all these foreigners get Star Wars blu-ray before us Americans? It is our god given right to get everything first!

I'm joking, in case someone can't tell

:xp:

It's the circle of life... we get the Blu-rays a day or so earlier... you get TOR a billion years earlier... :dozey:

@J7: Well y'know, I have the mid-90's VHS original trilogy unaltered but simply remastered for sound and cleaning up visuals, all I'd have to do is find a VHS-DVD recorder that had the option of either NTSC or PAL for burning the DVDs.

*cough-bootleg-cough* :dev9:

I have that same release, and I also have a Digital-VHS :smirk2:

Haven't taken the time to do the capture as of yet, and unfortunately I cannot use the firewire cable to do a true digital transfer, but....

I will have my cake and eat it too, GL! You take and you take and you take....

So far after watching ANH on Blu-ray... it's pretty much the DVD version with pretty much all of the same problems of that release. As for the PT movies, all of the digital elements are crystal clear but the parts of the movies that weren't done digitally had some noise if you went up really close to the TV... not that you'd do that to begin with lol.

@ adamqd:[/b] You lose... just saw the changed Obi-wan reveal and it is EXACTLY like how the YouTube vids depict it therefore those vids are real to begin with and not some fan-made fakes. Pay up :carms:

Don't like you anymore so I cant give you money :carms: rule of the streets

Don't like you anymore so I cant give you money :carms: rule of the streets
You liked him to being with? Now you lose street cred with me. :carms:

Also, I agree with mimi, you filthy non-American degenerates don't deserve to watch Star Wars Blu-ray in all of its butchered glory before me.

Have we really gotten to the point where I have to clarify that I'm being sarcastic?

Archived