Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people talking about VHS copies? The Laserdisc transfer of the theatrical versions was officially released on DVD. That's as good a copy of the unmolested OT as you are ever likely to get (unless someone ever unearths an original set of film reels). All you need to do is re-encode it to be anamorphic. I think Lucas purposely letterboxed the release just to be a prick. Or even more of one I should say.

Shrugs, I'm a little belligerent on this point myself, I did have the OT on VHS and I have all 6 films on DVD; so I did Download Adywan's A New Hope Revisited, partly because George Lucas is such a cock, and not fixed what he should of done in ANH, and added crap I didn't want to see. Sadly he's added even more crap for the Blu-Rays

Personally I actually think that there is an argument that would be outcry if Leonardo had gone and edited the original Mona Lisa. If Lucas wants to play with his films fine, but the Original Trilogy a part of Movie history, and the originals should be out there. Aside from the fact Adyan is a far superior movie restorer and editor than Lucas these days. My 2 cents.

I won't be happy until the multi-coloured lightsabers are fixed... Especially in ANH, but Vaders pink lightsaber across the films pisses me off too... May ironically buy the Phantom Menace, due to it being the only one with a change that was really needed (CGI Yoda over that horrible muppet in TPM).

That's probably the scene I'm most pissed about. It's such a poignant moment that doesn't need any dialogue.

However it does tie OT to the PT. When I originally watched the OT I didn’t know who Lord Vader or Anakin Skywalker was. As far as I knew, they were evil incarnate. However, after watching PT, Vader is not the evil monster he seemed in the OT. We also know the man behind the heavy breathing is not an emotionless drone (Despite some of the acting, directing and writing in the PT making it seem that way).

So the Nooooo added to RotJ did not bother me near as much as the Nooooooooooooooooooo at the end of RotS. So unless George decides to remove the “no” from RotS, it makes sense, at least to me, to include it in RotJ.

The RIAA say it's piracy to rip an MP3 from a CD you legally purchased, so I'm not sure how well your argument would hold up in court faced with LF's high priced legal assault team.

It's a good thing that the RIAA has nothing to do with the motion picture industry, then. :p

Actually funnily enough the AMERICAN motion picture industry has been picking on the second largest ISP down here in Australia (because it'd cost too much to pick on the largest since the largest is Telstra and they have A LOT more money then iiNet does)...

Basically what they're trying to do is pin the blame for piracy on ISPs so that they're forced to ban anyone who is even under the suspicion of engaging in piracy from their service. Thankfully iiNet has been able to fight them off every step of the way...

Though imagine if they lost... it'd create a very dangerous precedent and would mean that anyone under the least bit of suspicion would have no Internet... that's basically EVERYONE.

Also, I just watched THE BEST version of Revenge of the Sith a few hours ago... the dubbed version of Backstroke to the West! It was so epic and so much better than the original...

"Mr. Speaker, we are for the big."

Yes you are.

Though imagine if they lost... it'd create a very dangerous precedent and would mean that anyone under the least bit of suspicion would have no Internet... that's basically EVERYONE.

It'll happen someday... as I've said before somewhere I believe we're living in the golden age of the internet now when you actually have *some* privacy. A day will come when you wont be able to download anything for free anymore and everything will be regulated.

Archived