Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He can make them better too. It's all about if he wants my money or not.

Jorge doesn't know how to do better. Most of what was ever good about the OT came out of him not having total control like he does now. His wife and others kept him in line, and the actors themselves were fighting him on his ****ty dialogue writing skills the whole way. He's completely out of touch these days, and nothing good can come from him dicking around with the movies any farther.

I've criticised this Blu-Ray release before, but if they can either remove or at least make that awful CG sequence of the speeder entering Mos Eisley blend in properly with the rest of the film, It might be enough to swing it.

I hate that scene with a vengeance it's so jarringly crap and fake. It makes watching ANH really difficult for me.

Agreed, the people who criticise it probably have never seen more than the movie or a few episodes, season 2 was amazing :thmbup1:

Don't get me wrong, I tried getting into it now and then, but I can't get over the bizarre fact that Anakin got a padawan before even a year after graduating from the Academy. And that little twerp Ahsoka is annoying as hell any way.

I tuned in once and everyone's doing stuff, and Ahsoka says (ham-fistedly) "I have a bad feeling about this..." and Anakin warns her not to do something and Obi-Wan is standingly Obi-Wanly and clone troopers are fighting and taking orders and FFS NOTHING DIFFERENT FROM THE PREQUELS IS HAPPENING.

Not to mention that it would seem that Anakin and Obi-Wan (with that red little.. thing) fought the entire Clone Wars by themselves, or were at least required to show up everywhere in the galaxy. You'd think the two would be nominated to rule the Jedi Academy as pro-consuls and override the Council by then.

Agreed, the people who criticise it probably have never seen more than the movie or a few episodes, season 2 was amazing :thmbup1:

I've seen every episode, (Why I have no idea) I guess because I'm a Star Wars freak, but it is not a Good Show, and the so-so episodes do not make up for the terrible Story decisions and Kiddie nature (I dont care, Politics and Murder do not suddenly make it for Adults).

I haven’t seen every episode of the Clone Wars, but I have watched the first two seasons on blu-ray and while not necessarily the greatest television I have been entertained. I still say even bad Star Wars is better than 90% of the other crap that passes for television shows today.

Really? What movie(s)? What line(s)?

I'm not going to bother looking up if there are more, but in Empire after R2 is spit out of the monster on Dagobah Mark Hamill tells him he's lucky he doesn't taste very good as an adlib, instead of reading a simpler line Lucas had written that he's lucky he got out of there. Switching it back to what he originally wrote although not a huge deal in the whole scheme of what he's done to the them is just incredibly petty. Lucas today possesses the maturity of a bloated 4 year old.

The only good thing the series has accomplished was making Karen Traviss ragequit Star Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
OK I want whatever you're taking.

A dose of reality maybe?

I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK! Where it consistently enjoys very high ratings and has been said by CN themselves to be their most successful show ever, so it must be doing something right to appeal to its target audience no?

I know commercial success doesn't always translate into high quality, but comments about it being to much for kids or not complex enough or whatever are a bit ironic seeing it IS a show for kids...If you can't get into that frame of mind you might as well watch the OT and go "oh well this could never happen, that sucks so bad it's so unrealistic"

I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK!

The irony is that some of the people who raise that "argument" are actually very supportive over the previous Clone Wars micro-series.

But I agree with you. ;)

Archived