Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it ironic that the song "Isn't it ironic" doesn't reference anything ionic?

nitpick alert

Sabre: That would be hypocritical.

And honestly, as for Cartoon Network, they have quite a few shows that are "Cartoons" but for adult audiences. Heck even their kid shows to an extent have some adult references. People call TCW a kid's show, do so because of the way the story lines they saw went. Nobody I know who disliked TCW called it a kid show for being on CN.

Sabre: That would be hypocritical.

Not Really, Hypocritical would be to Say you hate it and spend time on here explaining its failures, while actually eagerly watching every week and enjoying it.

I dislike it because its an already covered ere, a MASSIVELY over used era, and they make changes to pre established material for no other reason than "That they can", and the retcon is never as good as the old material (up to now).

The Animation is very well done, the production is A1... It's just old news in a new Jacket.

A dose of reality maybe?

Ok, it's definitely something in the tap water. :devsmoke:

I can't be bothered to quote whoever said it was too kiddie like, IT IS A CARTOON FOR CHILDREN! IT GETS AIRED ON CARTOON NETWORK! Where it consistently enjoys very high ratings and has been said by CN themselves to be their most successful show ever, so it must be doing something right to appeal to its target audience no?

It's doing everything right as far as commercializing goes, which is undeniable. It is dead to me b/c it beats on a dead horse as far as overuse goes for this era. As was mentioned by adamqd above the series seems to take for granted its own merit and is now changing established material. I wonder how long it will be before it changes the very fabric of what it was based upon all in exchange for more money. Once it contradicts its own existence, we will be seeing curtains. How much can one continue to squeeze blood from stones?

Lke the old saying: "It's the principle of the thing!"

For its own sake the SW label as whole needs to either expand or gold plate itself and put itself away on a trophy shelf before it's too late and forever dooms itself to obscurity.

One idea is to pull a Marvel/DC/etc. move like alternate universe, rather than continue to 'Canonize' every little thing into the original and making discontinuities galore.

(Uncle George are you listening? Look at what Marvel and DC have done to reinvent itself to stay relevant!!!)

I know commercial success doesn't always translate into high quality, :words: you might as well watch the OT and go "oh well this could never happen, that sucks so bad it's so unrealistic"

I'm not bemoaning it for being a kids show, I'm bemoaning it for cheapening the SW saga as a whole. There's a distinct difference between wanting to maintain dignity and just complaining "it's too much for kids".

True. There are many valid criticisms, but I think TCW has many strong points as well.

Agreed. TCW has some corny bits, and some episodes are better than others.. but I'm loving it personally.

Next arc is involving Ahsoka.. hopefully they'll flesh her out a bit more. Seems to be better as she hasn't been so "Skyguy" lately (thank gawdz) and they've started putting her in more serious scenarios. :golfclap:

Ok, it's definitely something in the tap water. :devsmoke:

It's doing everything right as far as commercializing goes, which is undeniable. It is dead to me b/c it beats on a dead horse as far as overuse goes for this era. As was mentioned by adamqd above the series seems to take for granted its own merit and is now changing established material. I wonder how long it will be before it changes the very fabric of what it was based upon all in exchange for more money. Once it contradicts its own existence, we will be seeing curtains. How much can one continue to squeeze blood from stones?

Lke the old saying: "It's the principle of the thing!"

For its own sake the SW label as whole needs to either expand or gold plate itself and put itself away on a trophy shelf before it's too late and forever dooms itself to obscurity.

One idea is to pull a Marvel/DC/etc. move like alternate universe, rather than continue to 'Canonize' every little thing into the original and making discontinuities galore.

(Uncle George are you listening? Look at what Marvel and DC have done to reinvent itself to stay relevant!!!)

I'm not bemoaning it for being a kids show, I'm bemoaning it for cheapening the SW saga as a whole. There's a distinct difference between wanting to maintain dignity and just complaining "it's too much for kids".

I have a ten year old cousin, would you like to explain to him why Clone Wars sucks using above reasoning? :thmbup1:

I see what your saying Neg, But my feelings about Clone Wars are my feelings, not that of a Child I care for... a lot of people say this too, a guy I know said "Yea Clone Wars is kinda childish and repetitive, but it lets me and my Kids spend quality time together". Thats a beautiful scene, but not a good enough reason to champion it :)

I see what your saying Neg, But my feelings about Clone Wars are my feelings, not that of a Child I care for... a lot of people say this too, a guy I know said "Yea Clone Wars is kinda childish and repetitive, but it lets me and my Kids spend quality time together". Thats a beautiful scene, but not a good enough reason to champion it :)

I agree. There are more valid points to watch TCW.

Phantom Menace used to be my favourite film when I was 10 years old

It's still my favourite of the prequels.

Agreed. TCW has some corny bits, and some episodes are better than others.. but I'm loving it personally.
They have ditched much of the corning stuff that was so prevalent in the first season. Gone are the slapstick droids, extreme immature Ashoka, and so on. The second half of season 3 has been much darker so far.

It's still my favourite of the prequels.
It certainly has elements that are of my favorites of the prequels, and hell the whole saga. Kenobi/Jinn/Maul fight, opening with Jinn and Kenobi fighting the battle droids, and basically Jinn in general all rock in my book.

Phantom Menace used to be my favourite film when I was 10 years old

I'm going to have to give it points for originality, the other two prequels have all of it's faults, and in the place of what it had going for it they substitute ****ty tribute moments and pointless action.

• 3 months later...
He can't speak your language = he can't speak? :confused:

A lil bit off-topic, but the fact that people (i mean the characters) understand what the Wookies are saying is simply ludicrous, Chewie for example just does emotional inflections, and people, not just Han Solo, answer him directly... seriously???

Hearing all those angry growwws on Kashyyk was my low point in KOTOR.

Ahsoka has been digitally inserted in place of Alec Guinness, as luke's mentor throughout the Films...

Lots of fans on suicide watch now...

Archived