Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

The Star Wars galaxy is contained inside a TARDIS, so everyone gets universal translation. When people can't understand other languages, it's just TARDIS glitches. Are you all happy now?

Would you call a shemale a chick just because it has tits?

I'm really not sure why you seem to be trying to argue with me, when it's pretty clear that we're in agreement. Nothing you say to me will change the fact that an unfortunately large number of people consider SW sci fi, even though it isn't. I'd recommend you center your efforts on them instead.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest you do not mock Gerevick. He is entirely serious about his threats and unafraid to carry them out to whatever length he may find necessary. This will be your final warning.

It is intriguing sometimes to ponder whether Gerevick has witnessed WCH's inappropriate attempt at levity. Perhaps all that prevents WCH's untimely end is the reliance Gerevick's traveling spirit has on its Earthly host. In any case, WCH should count himself fortunate that Gerevick is focused primarily on expanding his power base in the Catalan region, with forum matters taking a low priority. Further impudence would likely result in Gerevick's disfavor, something WCH would be wise to avoid. He has little patience for the light-hearted, and will not hesitate to take a life.

@ mstr kenobi: Except humans have eyes to see the body language of Wookies but lack to olfactory sensitivity to detect smells as dogs do. One can learn the non-verbal communication of another culture and other species (since we already do this in real life with animals), but as much as we want to, we can't really do anything to change our physiology to match a dogs sense of smell.

@ Rhett: iknorite lol. I'm that bored.

See, now if I was more Star Wars Geek and less Media Student, I would've just posted that link.

Also, I've been thinking about Star Wars Blu-ray... I hope they've redone all of the CG elements they added to the OT and improved them. They retextured Jabba in ANH but we all know that there's a lot of special edition added stuff that is very out of date and could be improved with this Blu-ray release.

Also, they MUST replace the ep1 puppet Yoda with a better CG Yoda :carms: They must.

Also, I've been thinking about Star Wars Blu-ray... I hope they've redone all of the CG elements they added to the OT and improved them. They retextured Jabba in ANH but we all know that there's a lot of special edition added stuff that is very out of date and could be improved with this Blu-ray release.

Yeah, as I said before in this thread -

I've criticised this Blu-Ray release before, but if they can either remove or at least make that awful CG sequence of the speeder entering Mos Eisley blend in properly with the rest of the film, It might be enough to swing it.

I hate that scene with a vengeance it's so jarringly crap and fake. It makes watching ANH really difficult for me.

That, pretty much. The rest of the CG additions really aren't so bad, but the ones in ANH are awful.

Also, they MUST replace the ep1 puppet Yoda with a better CG Yoda :carms: They must.

They've already done it.

That, pretty much. The rest of the CG additions really aren't so bad, but the ones in ANH are awful.

Actually, that must be one of my favourite additions. Not the one with the rats on the floor, though. Just the open wide shot.

EDIT:

This one:

750px-OutriderDepartingMosEisley-ANH.jpg

@ Taak Farst: You're in a PAL region... so every time you've watched Star Wars on TV, VHS and DVD, you've been watching it at the incorrect frame rate which makes the movie play faster and the sound pitch up slightly.

You're in luck! The Blu-ray version of Star Wars will be in the CORRECT frame rate for anyone who has a HDTV. Not only that, but you'll be able to watch them on much larger screens and not have to deal with an compression issues commonly found on DVD versions of the movies, or the degradation that you get from keeping VHS over time.

Also, companies aren't charities. Obviously they want to make money, but the real scam would be if they did absolutely nothing and just simply upscaled the DVD version of Star Wars into High Definition and put it on Blu-ray. THAT would be a scam... but they're not doing that.

To outsiders, this language usually sounded like mere animalistic barks, roars, growls, and moans, conveying little more than emotion.

It's in there :p

To outsiders many languages can seem that way.

This is really the problem I have with your train of thought and why I've been posting in here about this. I don't like the idea that someone can see another cultures language as being so foreign/alien that it suggest a lack of intelligence, thought and complexity... don't care if it's based in reality or something made up.

Sorry, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Archived