Home

Hey fanboys! George Lucas says STFU.

Prime

WTFamIreading.jpg

Srsly, guys.

I lol'd.

you heard me.

trust me, colors will be a little brighter, and the picture may be more crisp, but there is just no point in all this..

Even a hardcore Lucas hater like myself who despises just about everything he has done since the spear-chucking teddy bears defeated an entire legion of Palpy's best troops can appreciate the awesomeness of Star Wars in 1080p.

I'm still not buying them until the unaltered original trilogy becomes available, and I will never buy the cinematic crapfest that is the prequel trilogy.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I lol'd.

Even a hardcore Lucas hater like myself who despises just about everything he has done since the spear-chucking teddy bears defeated an entire legion of Palpy's best troops can appreciate the awesomeness of Star Wars in 1080p.

Yeah, teddy bears were steching it too thin in my book too. Now, Wookies...

The big news has been leaked.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
George reshot most of the OT in secret for the blu-ray release. Gone are Ford, Fisher and Hamill, they have been replaced by Depp, Cyrus and Bieber. Rumors are that Williams has been replace by Will Smith. Also now neither Han nor Greedo shot at all, but Greedo drops dead of a heart attack.
;)

@ Q: I'm hoping that 9 disc version that they have going includes the unaltered version of the OT. But since you won't buy PT related stuff... if what I"m saying does turn out to be true, you'll have a tough decision to make :p

Maybe, but, then again, maybe not. We'll see.

The big news has been leaked.

Show spoiler
George reshot most of the OT in secret for the blu-ray release. Gone are Ford, Fisher and Hamill, they have been replaced by Depp, Cyrus and Bieber. Rumors are that Williams has been replace by Will Smith. Also now neither Han nor Greedo shot at all, but Greedo drops dead of a heart attack.
;)

I heard differently. What I heard was that George added a new twist to the climactic "big reveal" scene in ESB:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=330&pictureid=8103

:devsmoke:

I heard differently. What I heard was that George added a new twist to the climactic "big reveal" scene in ESB:

Show spoiler

Oh..that's just...wrong. Terribly wrong.

Probably gonna buy it. I got a full-hd bravia system running now and I could use me some blu-rays.

Show spoiler

I was just Sick in my mouth a little, while at the same time ROFLing

Actually, Luke's hand falls down the Bespin shaft. It's later recovered by the Emperor's agents and taken to the Mount Tantiss facilities, where tissue from it is used six years later during the Thrawn Campaign by Joruus C'baoth to create a clone - Luuke Skywalker.

Actually, Luke's hand falls down the Bespin shaft. It's later recovered by the Emperor's agents and taken to the Mount Tantiss facilities, where tissue from it is used six years later during the Thrawn Campaign by Joruus C'baoth to create a clone - Luuke Skywalker.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

And the inconsistent saber colours on Geonosis. (But since almost nobody noticed that, I bet they won't do it...)

The only thing that I don't like is the inconsistent saber hilts & colors with Obi-Wan vs. Grievous. (Only noticeable if you pay really close attention to the fight.) Overall, I am so excited that they're finally doing a Saga Box Set. :)

The only thing that I don't like is the inconsistent saber hilts & colors with Obi-Wan vs. Grievous. (Only noticeable if you pay really close attention to the fight.)

Some Jedi on the Geonosis arena have green sabers instead of blue in some shots (I think its Ki-Adi and Plo Koon, IIRC).

Anakin's duel with Dooku in AotC also have inconsistent saber hilts and colours. It starts when Anakin grabs Obi-Wan's saber.

:ugh:

I can't take anything Primogen says seriously with his trollface av.

^This.

Read post without looking at who posted. Thought 'Wow someone has had their sense of humor surgically removed'. Looked left, saw Primogen's name and av, iseewhathedidthere.jpg

Luuke Skywalker is actually not a bad plot point in the entirety of what the EU has to offer. This is the same EU that spawn a dark Jedi who could use the force to control droids and then came back 30 books later to fight Jedi with like 30 lightsabers attached to his body.

To outsiders many languages can seem that way.

Not really, i think this got a lot more to do with them being from species with very different vocal cord structure than the language itself.

And i've never said they are uninteligent, i just think it's weird that a guy like Luke, nephew of a farmer who never got off planet or done anything can understand it easily.

Archived