Home

The Force Unleashed III: Idea List

Necroden

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what fans "obviously want"?

I'm a TFU fan and I'm morally opposed to MMOs. But that's just me.

Haha that was just a joke. It's basically what they did to the KOTOR series!

I think that the next TFU game, if done properly, will capture the same amount of success as the original. There are a lot of plots that will come to a conclusion. I'm curious to see how they tie in Starkiller to the original trilogy.

• 1 month later...

Here is what I want in a The Force Unleashed III:

-Tie the game into episode IV

-Bring back jawas, rodians, ugnaughts, imperial royal guards (red), rancors

-add new star wars creatures like tusken raiders, mynock, wampas, the beast that tried to eat R2 in episode V, krayt dragons, transdoshans, and bothans

I want to play in Tattoonie, Hoth, Dagobah, Endor and bring in Dantoonie. We heard leia tell tarkin and vader a rebel base was their in episode IV. Make the rebel base at that location.

No more droids! Killing a few droid enemies is ok but in the sequel it was repetitive. I loved taking on the different types of imperials like imperial officers, scout troopers, stormtroopers, imperial royal guards.

I would like to take on boba fett! Boba fett is suppose to be an expert jedi killer. I would like to see yoda play a role in maybe training the light side to starkiller. Maybe Maris Brood finds her way there and yoda is helping her when starkiller visits. Maybe starkiller convinces her to change her ways and she joins the rebels.

Maybe if they make an endor map they can bring the beast from the Ewok TV special from the 1980's has a boss level. I am not sure what the creatures name is. The battle for Endor Tv special. I remember watching it on tv.

Add Tie Interceptors and Tie Bombers trying to kill starkiller.

Why not take on an AT-AT Walker!!

Here are some ideas:

- make the game decent, don't rush it, don't just make it for the money!!!

- find a decent and dependable company to make it and give them plenty of time (Bioware!!!!)

- make sure to port it right or develope it for the PC seperately

- give everybody that bought the crappy first and second part a discount of 25%!

- make it into a KOTOR III because that's what the people really want to see! The action is fine and so is the use of the force powers but really set the tone and develope it into a fully fledged action rpg by which I mean: top class hack and slash action and top class rpg not an rpg for the dumb and lazy. Use the morale system of KOTOR as well as the tactical depth of Mass Effect but the action of Jedi Outcast...

- move the timeline: either give us the old republic that we have been craving for or the Jedi Knight III we wanted but make it an rpg at heart

- let us be a proper Jedi: let us live the life of a Jedi: get discovered by Luke or Kyle or the Exile, give us 2-4 hours of proper Jedi training... like Fable or similar... learn to use the force in incredible difficult minigames with the goal of just moving a pen by using the force so that at the end of 4 or 5 hours of training you feel an incredible accomplishment when you are finally able to force jump 3 metres or lift a heavy stone, than let us serve the Exile or Kyle on some strange missions until we are ready to take on our own apprentices and THAN let the game truely begin and give us another 20-40 hours of gameplay time depending on how many sidequests we choose. If it's the old Republic timeline let us meet Bao Dur and Atton Rand as well as Visas and Mical and see the rebuilt Jedi Council chamber

- even if it's gonna be completely different just PLEASE, PLEASE make a decent, enjoyable, well ported, technically sound game that puts the Arts back in LA and sets the tone in its genre for 5 to 10 years like KOTOR did... and don't just make crap for the sake of getting another 100 spotty youngsters hooked...

I don't think that's an accurate statement. Besides, if they make it a KotOR III or an RPG (which they won't), it wouldn't be TFU III.

No? Well I would say so... KOTOR and TSL are 7 years old... look how many copies they are still selling even though you can barely get them to work in Windows 7. Look how many mods are out and are still out, look how active the forum is here and on other websites.

Than watch TFU... close to dead here and everywhere, no mods, no community... even JK JA and JO still have a larger fanbase... why do you think that is? Why do you think TFU III got officially scrapped and why do you think the staff for the game got fired? Sorry to say this but if you would open a poll the games that people would want to see again would be: 1. KOTOR (offline) III 2. Jedi Knight III 3. Empire at War 4. Star Wars Lego 5. TFU III...

No? Well I would say so... KOTOR and TSL are 7 years old... look how many copies they are still selling even though you can barely get them to work in Windows 7.

How do you know how many copies they are still selling?

Look how many mods are out and are still out, look how active the forum is here and on other websites.

Thanks to mod support.

Than watch TFU... close to dead here and everywhere, no mods, no community... even JK JA and JO still have a larger fanbase... why do you think that is?

Mod support.

Why do you think TFU III got officially scrapped and why do you think the staff for the game got fired?

Certainly not because of lack of sales. TFU was the biggest selling Star Wars game to date.

Sorry to say this but if you would open a poll the games that people would want to see again would be: 1. KOTOR (offline) III 2. Jedi Knight III 3. Empire at War 4. Star Wars Lego 5. TFU III...

How do you know that? Why not Jedi Knight III first? Or Battlefront III? You have nothing to back up those statements, that's why I doubt about their accuracy. ;)

I don't want a KOTR III. It is a microsoft only game! That means PC and X-box 360 would get it. The same for a Republic Commando 2. PS3 star wars fans have been waiting patiently for a single player non-internet video game for years.

Star Wars Battlefront III is what the fans want!

Jedi Knight series turned into another Microsoft video games exclusive. I remember Dark Forces coming out on PS1. I had a copy of that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TFU3 endings I've had in my head

Darkside Ending: Starkiller defeats the Dark Apprentice, but is mortally wounded, before he dies he inadvertently betrays Yoda's existence and location. With Starkiller and the Apprentice dead Vader emerges from the shadows and orders the Devastator to proceed and intercept the Tantave IV, while he takes care of a "priority matter."

DLC will be Vader based

Lightside: After defeating the Dark Apprentice Starkiller goes to Juno, as they embrace we hear the sound of a lightsaber activating. Juno stabs Starkiller with his own blade, Vader emerges from the Shadows and congratulates "Major" Eclipse.

It turns out Starkiller is the genuine article, Vader reveals that he's had doubts about Starkiller's very loyalty from before the mission to assassinate Kota. He arranged for Eclipse (in actuality one of his most trusted agents) to "test" where Starkiller's true loyalties lie. It was win - win. Either Vader's doubts would be silenced and he'd be confident that Starkiller was worthy, or Vader's most trusted operative would be highly placed in the (now unified and easier to destroy) Rebel Alliance.

Starkiller dies discovering that he was used by the Dark Lord from the beginning. Juno and Vader board the Devastator, she gives Vader technical data on the Tantave IV and informs him of the vessel's passenger.

The Vader Based DLC would take place on Dagobah and Tatooine

With Dagobah Vader has to move through the hostile swamps and that cave (where ha'll fight his Jedi self) before reaching Yoda.

With Tatooine, Vader on catching up with the Devastator learns that according to the Tantave IV's manifest, the Droids "they are looking for" are an Astromech designated "R2-D2" and a Protocol designated C-3PO, he takes 'personal' interest.

He tracks down the Sandcrawler and fights his way through the Jawa's (turns out these little b-stards have an army of CIS battle droids for security.) After defeating the opposition Vader interrogates the Chief Jawa and learns where the droids were sold.

"Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru!"

"Luke, I am your Father."

With his son now safely in his custody Vader orders the Sandtroopers to double back to the Sandcrawler, where we have the boss fight to end all boss fights. Kenobi can not allow Vader to recover either Luke or the Death Star plans, so the 'old man' is going to be damned hard to kill and will have the aid of Yoda and Qui Gon force ghosts.

The most basic stuff would to be overhaul the saber system so it's not just a console hack 'n' slash button mash fest, and to give it a robust multiplayer component (using the original Wii version as a base for ideas but not the final word... obviously FU2 is out, as its multiplayer was basically Smash Bros. with Star Wars graphics).

Little things on the PC version would be nice like scalable graphics options, use the mouse in the menus (most pc gamers don't exclusively use an Xbox360 controller, that's another thing that's got to change, support for many more controllers than the ones they included), and a crouch option.

Make it 60 fps and improve the controls. Let us actually fight the cool bosses, don't rely so much on QTE sequences. Improving the saber system and controls would make this part work better (I presume they put them in because the fight system was so limited and tedious to begin with).

Otherwise I'm not sure what else to add. As long as the story, characters, and so forth are good, it'll be a worthy installment in the series if it ever gets made.

Right now TFU series on the pc seems like a poor man's JA with next gen graphics and gimmicky physics. The gimmicky physics are fun, but the rest of the game could use some work.

I think they had the right idea with alternate scenarios in the Ultimate Sith Edition. The point of these Star Wars games is, whatever the story happens to be, we really want the option to screw around in the situations and areas of the movies (not ONLY that of course, but that's a main draw for Star Wars fans, always has been, always will be). So you can have an original story, characters and so forth, but you have to let us do star warsy things along the way (not saying blatantly copy the movies, but look at the stuff on the USE with the DLC, that was great stuff).

In keeping with the "Starkiller-always-starts-out-with-a-red-saber-and-then-switches-to-blue-later" theme, I think that the game should start out where Starkiller is using Darth Vader's lightsaber (because in the novel, he clips it onto his belt at the end, right next to his other two sabers). It could be easily explained that his other sabers are elsewhere and he can't get to them for what ever reason.

The first one or two levels should be all about Vader escaping from the Rebel base. Starkiller would run through the base cutting down invading Imperial troops with Vader's red saber. Then, maybe as a boss fight at the end of the level, Starkiller would briefly face off against an unarmed Vader who uses only the Force. The fight doesn't last long, as Vader would soon retrieve his lightsaber from Starkiller and make his escape. Starkiller must quickly build a new saber and begin the pursuit.

The saber-building process could easily be covered with a cutscene, or it could be interactive. The play may be able to choose from a single blade, dual blades, or a double-bladed saber staff, much like in Jedi Academy. Each would have its own unique combat styles and would provide for three very different gameplay experiences.

But that'll leave a massive loophole in the Saga unfinished, because by the time Episode IV rolls around, Vader is obviously no longer in Rebel captivity, and there are obviously no more Jedi within the Rebel Alliance (Starkiller and Kota). But then again, LucasArts does have a habit of leaving things unfinished, so . . .

Hopefully you mean a spin-off that ties all of these loose ends up.

But that'll leave a massive loophole in the Saga unfinished, because by the time Episode IV rolls around, Vader is obviously no longer in Rebel captivity, and there are obviously no more Jedi within the Rebel Alliance (Starkiller and Kota). But then again, LucasArts does have a habit of leaving things unfinished, so . . .

Hopefully you mean a spin-off that ties all of these loose ends up.

No. I meant a real spin-off, pretty much like Jedi Academy regarding character creation and customization. Of course that making a spin-off doesn't mean that they can't do a TFU III later on.

• 2 weeks later...

May I kick in an open door and say the best idea for TFU3 is not to make it and instead focus on a game based of it that's actualy woth playing and has a story that's more coherent then the worst Family Guy episode?

I serously loved the Jedi Academy games, the way they were written and fitted in the complete EU. And TFU...well...I think 99% of the members here would've written a more coherent and fitting story.

May I kick in an open door and say the best idea for TFU3 is not to make it and instead focus on a game based of it that's actualy woth playing and has a story that's more coherent then the worst Family Guy episode?

I serously loved the Jedi Academy games, the way they were written and fitted in the complete EU. And TFU...well...I think 99% of the members here would've written a more coherent and fitting story.

I agree. I said it a million times by now but investing in a new title or Jedi Knight IV would be a better choice. IMO.

Archived