Home

Trouble with MDlops

I recently had a clean sweep of my computer and am re-installing all my modding apps. Having trouble with MDlops specifcially 0.6 ver. When I am using the app, and hitting the "read and write" button, I am not getting the usual...model is from K2, processing.etc.....which I used to get before my computer had a meltdown. Instead I am getting a long list of data as it runs thru the model. In short, I do not think it is working correctly.

Is there something I am missing from the install? I just downloaded the zip and extracted the files. Then double click on the .exe file.

Not really an expert mind you and this may not solve your problem, but I've had that kind of trouble myself with MDlops and few other programs before.

It always seem like it had to do with a file that got corrupted somehow during the download process. So what I did was delete the whole program off my harddrive, then I would download it again from the website.

Usually the second time around, after the download, it would start working correctly. But it seems like I remember a few times, it taking a third or fourth time to download before it finally worked correctly.

Anyway try that. Also..make sure you don't have another program, like a Anti-Virus program, preventing MDlops from working correctly. I've come across that before too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I recently had a clean sweep of my computer and am re-installing all my modding apps. Having trouble with MDlops specifcially 0.6 ver. When I am using the app, and hitting the "read and write" button, I am not getting the usual...model is from K2, processing.etc.....which I used to get before my computer had a meltdown. Instead I am getting a long list of data as it runs thru the model. In short, I do not think it is working correctly.

Is there something I am missing from the install? I just downloaded the zip and extracted the files. Then double click on the .exe file.

Have you tried following the instructions in the 'installing perl' text file included with the mdlops archive?

I use ActiveState's free ActivePerl for Windows.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/

click "Get ActivePerl", "Free download", "Continue", pick a Windows package.

If you have a default installation of ActivePerl, you'll need to install a couple of optional packages before you can run mdlops. Happily they've made the Perl Package Manager much friendlier to use than it used to be!

Open the Perl Package Manager. (It should be in your new ActivePerl folder in your Start Menu).

Menu: View->All packages.

Type win32-fileop in the search box. Wait for it to refresh: only one package should show up in the list.

Menu: Action->Install...

In the search box, now type Win32-Autoglob. Action->Install.

same thing with Time-HiRes. Action-Install.

Menu: File->Run Marked Actions. It should say "Ready to install 3 packages? PPM will install 3 additional prerequisite packages." Click ok.

When it finishes, quit the perl package manager.

After you've installed the dependencies, you should be able to run mdlops by double-clicking mdlops.pl.

Archived