Home

Wordpress help?

MJ

Hey there, mojo-ers.

Nightlight Productions is about to pull itself into 2011. Before it does though, I could use some advice from someone more savvy with wordpress than I am. The website is slightly crippled.

Any volunteers?

Hey there, Gabez.

The main problem is with API access keys, and getting the wordpress page stats tool to work. I even went to the efforts of exporting a back-up, deleting wordpress, a reinstalling. I thought that would have done it... but it hasn't! Majorly frustrating.

If the problem is that you don't have an API key, you need to sign up at wordpress.com (make sure you sign up for just a username and you'll be fine). If the problem is that you can't find your API key, it should be in your registration confirmation email from Wordpress (subject "New WordPress.com User: [your username]"). As for using your API key to activate stats, it should be a matter of seconds; clicking and copy-pasting in the right place.

Actually you will need to find a lost manuscript which will give you clues as to where to find the illusive "Key of Aepee'Ai," an ancient artefact rumoured to hold immense power.

But be careful, because the Nazis are after it too!

I have an API key, and tried to use it, but wordpress has somehow become tangled up with a new one I tried to make, and the old on Metallus established when he set up Nightlight:

Error from last API Key attempt:

The owner of that API Key (nightlightprod) is not on the access list for this blog (8825346). When this blog was registered, nightlightprod's API key was used. To add you to the access list, nightlightprod must visit this blog's stats dashboard page and use the form at the bottom of that page.

I've got the login details for two API keys now, but it's not letting me put in either of them.

I actually backed up nightlight, deleted wordpress, put on a new version and imported the backup... and it still didn't work either. Something was maybe still hanging around in the backup?

Archived