Home

Tysyacha's Dating Criteria

Tysyacha

By the way, does anyone know anyone who says, "It is I"? OH, HELL NO!!!!! ;)

What is he whose grief

Bears such an emphasis, whose phrase of sorrow

Conjures the wandering stars, and makes them stand

Like wonder-wounded hearers? This is I,

Hamlet the Dane.

:whistles:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the the haute phrasing of "It is I" or.... what?

Besides being slightly Yoda-ish in a not so Yoda-cool way.... what is the problem? It is perfectly normal English. Does not fail your test that I can tell, unless the test involves demerits for being a doofus with structure. (didn't watch the test, this is not edisHarmony)

Agreed with Pavlos - "loose" is a perfectly good word - i like loose change, and especially loose wo..... words.

However, if the main point here is that we get turned on with our brains and less our bodies and eyes.... I agree with that fully. I have dated the full spectrum of brains:looks ratio, and the brainside is where I go for anything more than a weekend.

Sorry, Militiades, but Pavlos gets +10 Shakespeare Seduction points and +10 Gladiator points because I love ancient Rome--and the name Quintus, by the by. I don't know who LeClerc is, either. *whistles innocently and tiptoes her way past ye*

Jae,

Boba Rhett's married? I didn't know that. Polygamy's not my style--too 1890's Mormon.

Glenn,

I've heard it said that your most important sexual organ is your brain, anyway. :)

You haven't watched "'Allo 'Allo!"?! :eek:

I've often wondered how that programme went down in France. I mean, why wouldn't they find a sitcom about the occupation of their country hysterical?

I was pissing by the door when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hind a smoking goon. You are clearly the guilty potty!

Sorry, Militiades, but Pavlos gets +10 Shakespeare Seduction points and +10 Gladiator points because I love ancient Rome--and the name Quintus, by the by. I don't know who LeClerc is, either. *whistles innocently and tiptoes her way past ye*
Oh, I'm indeed no match for Pavlos. Intelligent, well-read, well-mannered, funny,... In fact, now that I think of it, I doubt he's real.

ZOMG! Since when did LF-boards turn into a dating site :lol:

I'm not a native english speaker, so I get typos and odd grammar constructions in everything I type... I could ofcourse be less lazy or hasty and check with my dictionary to see if it's at least correctly spelled.

Google translate often givs whacko things... then again that fits x-D

Anyway carry on you bunch! I shall await the happy message that Sir Pavlos has married Misses Tysh.

I've often wondered how that programme went down in France. I mean, why wouldn't they find a sitcom about the occupation of their country hysterical?

Good point. Still, this question could apply to any country, or rather any person who was affected by the horrors of WWII. ;)

I was pissing by the door when I heard two shats. You are holding in your hind a smoking goon. You are clearly the guilty potty!

:lol:

Oh, I'm indeed no match for Pavlos. Intelligent, well-read, well-mannered, funny,... In fact, now that I think of it, I doubt he's real.

Ahh, but you're multilingual, charismatic, and charming.

ZOMG! Since when did LF-boards turn into a dating site :lol:

Dunno, but the best personals section in any publication I've seen to date is probably in the back of the London Review of Books. The famous one is 'Sexually, I'm more of a Switzerland' (which either means neutral or ruthlessly efficient... or perhaps lathered in chocolate with a ski-fetish, I'm not sure), but just in the back of this week's there are a few zingers:

My therapist has given me such a good rate I can afford to indulge my bouts of infidelity and still deal elegantly with my guilt. Attached but unfaithful London male 60 seeks female counterpart. I promise and intensity of sexual joy unexpected in the LRB.

Female, 34. All own limbs. Seeks man with low priorities.

There was one a few weeks ago laid out like a text RPG...

Google translate often givs whacko things... then again that fits x-D

Anyway carry on you bunch! I shall await the happy message that Sir Pavlos has married Misses Tysh.

Wait... when did I agree to that?

Female, 34. All own limbs. Seeks man with low priorities.

All limbs? You mean some people actually search for a partner that misses certain parts?! Here I thought I was weird :confused::lol:

There was one a few weeks ago laid out like a text RPG...

If only my dexterity was high enough :lol:

Wait... when did I agree to that?

Reading the misses her replies I'dd say you w(h)ere winning. Though I'll have to support Mill :xp:

He's from the national team of Belgium to seduce foreign women.

All limbs? You mean some people actually search for a partner that misses certain parts?! Here I thought I was weird :confused::lol:
Or there's always the chance they're searching for a partner with extra limbs, of course.

Reading the misses her replies I'dd say you w(h)ere winning. Though I'll have to support Mill :xp:

He's from the national team of Belgium to seduce foreign women.

If we team up, we double our chances. But it may get awkward if we manage to win. I mean, win her heart.

'Tis well that this is how we set our things

Here in the great halls of our elder kings,

Where Althelstan and Alfred fought their feud

On which was better: Greek or Italian food --

Good Athelstan the bold with his twice gilt arms

Inspire us now against the Belgian grip

And bring us even to Victory's fringe and lip

Lest honour here now fall from out our palms.

Pavlos, Pavlos...you're making me swoon! <3 You are even making me wonder if that's another Shakespeare adaptation (it probably is, but the soliloquy to which you are referring is not one that I remember, or have read before).

In the battle to win (err...my heart), here's my "seduction score":

Pavlos: 15 points (+10 Shakespeare Seduction , +10 Gladiator , -5 because I believe that "cricket" is a noun, NOT an adjective. Sorry!)

Militiades: 10 points (+5 for introducing me to "'Allo, 'Allo", a sitcom that I'm going to try to look up on YouTube, and +5 for being Belgian. Belgians are, according to Tysyacha, "hot" because they speak French and make fabulous chocolate. I wouldn't mind being slathered in chocolate myself, monsieur...)

Quanon: -5. I know you're not in the running, but "to each his own". ;)

Qui-Gon Glenn: +5. I know you're not in the running, either, but you adroitly pointed out the underlying theme of this thread, besides "use correct grammar" and "conquer Mount Tysyacha!" ;)

Boba Rhett: -2 of those :XX-s, because you didn't respond and tell me whether you were married or not. I'd rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth than infer it from an innuendo. Mind games are a turn-off for me. :(

Thank you for playing, gentlemen, and remember: I play for keeps. Meaning, relationship = good, one-night-stand = NO, NON, NYET, NEGATIVE, NIX...

Then riding brightly through the glen,

Sir Pavlos and his merry men,

With banners mixing green and gold,

Which fluttered in the breeze so bold.

Four score and five came out along,

Of knights, and squires, in merry throng,

And minstrels in their dozens came,

Delighting all with sweet refrain.

And in the towns the trumpets blew,

And criers made a great hulloo,

Ensuring all would know it true:

“Sir Pavlos will be passing through!”

In columns twain they passed their way,

Glittering and gleaming in their array,

And townsmen standing by the way,

Upon their knees began to pray.

InSidious, I am impressed! +5 points for your first foray (in this thread) into the tantalizing world of poetry. I wonder what Sir Pavlos will do next...;)

By the way, for all of you potential "mountaineers," here's a tourist guide:

MOUNT TYSYACHA DETAILS

DATE OF FORMATION: September 25, 1979

TYPE OF PEAK: Volcanic, dormant for 31 years

DIFFICULTY: Extremely high, despite its moderate stature

HEIGHT: 5'4"

FEATURES: Mount Tysyacha is a virgin summit. It is a volcano, but has never erupted since the time of its principal formation. Its slope is rather wide and ample, not narrow and thin. Since most climbers prefer the latter type of mountain (although with large twin peaks to tackle on the way up), no one has expressed an interest in scaling Mount Tysyacha since 2006. A potential climber must be knowledgeable, strong, and possessing a deep desire to respect this awesome summit even as he attempts to reach it. Looks do not matter. What mountain cares about the "six-pack abs" of someone who cherishes it for the love of the experience, not just the climb?

SUMMIT: Possesses an incredibly steep and narrow path to reach it, but that's the challenge! WARNING: If anyone does set...foot...upon it, Mount Tysyacha has at least a 50% chance of erupting immediately. Thus, all potential scalers are required to wear protective shielding to guard against the peak's volcanic heat, and to prevent it from accidentally crumbling and creating another, much smaller peak in approximately nine months' time.

PHYSICAL SKILLS NEEDED: Gentle approach and careful...footing.

MENTAL SKILLS NEEDED: Above-average intelligence, respect for nature (especially the unique nature of Mount Tysyacha), and love--of the experience, of the challenge of the climb, and of the very peak itself.

Meditating on the mountain is also a plus! Spiritual climbers are advised to ponder the deeper meaning of life as they rest from their day's efforts.

CLIMBING FEE: Absolutely none. Let's face it, if Mount Tysyacha had a climbing fee, it wouldn't be worth climbing anyway, except by scumbags.

OFFERINGS AND GIFTS ACCEPTED: A ring, but only one. *wink*

Boba Rhett: -2 of those :XX-s, because you didn't respond and tell me whether you were married or not. I'd rather hear it straight from the horse's mouth than infer it from an innuendo. Mind games are a turn-off for me. :(

Well, to be fair, he did mention "wife" in his first post. :)

Archived