Home

Hey guys. I thought I'd let you all know that I and a bunch of other Monkey Island fans (most of us from the Telltale forums) are currently working on a fan game called 'Carnival of Monkey Island'.

carnivallogo.png

Now, this game will take place between 'Revenge...' and 'Curse...', showing the events that could have happened in that brief time period. Coincidentally, the visual/artistic style of the game will sort of be a blend between the looks of those two games.

We're planning on releasing this game in three episodes, taking it one episode at a time. We're finalizing the planning and script for Episode I at the moment, we've got some backgrounds and sprites finished, we've got some wonderful music too; so things are going pretty well. But, however, we would like to have more people on the team.

What we're mostly looking for are artists, animators and voice actors (yes, we will be having voice).

The voice-acting roles we would like filling are:

- LeChuck

- Skeletal Pirates (with lazy British accents, eg. pronouncing 'thing' as 'fing')

- Largo

- The Voodoo Lady

- Fettuccine Brothers (maybe)

- Herman Toothrot (maybe)

- Cannibals

- Pirate Bar Patron(s)

- Clown (with strong New Yorker accent - think the guy off the ShamWow ad, but not quite as fast-talking)

- Female Pirate

...more roles to come.

So, if you can lend a hand in this project, then post here to say that you're willing, and we'll go from there ;). Thanks.

Alright, at the moment, guys, we're pretty much only looking for good animators, damn good artists, and sufficient voice actors.

@ThunderPeel2001, thanks for your willingness, but we do have a small, decent group of writers as it is. We've probably got a sufficient amount of people working on the script/story, and things are coming along quite well as they are in that aspect. However, in the future, if we find that we need some more writers on board (which we may), then I'll be sure to contact you.

@Hamza, I'm not quite sure if we need any more programmers - that's something that I'll have to run by the rest of the team. There may be room for another programmer on the team, but you'll need to show us some of your previous works/projects. Thanks :).

• 1 month later...
Cool project - I wanna see pictures!

I'm sure all of us want to, but iirc, the dev team said that they wanted to keep the game's contents a secret until its release.

Could also be that they haven't produced anything yet, and don't want to admit that they don't have any game art to show at all, so they use the "keeping it secret" excuse. I sure hope that's not the case!

Could also be that they haven't produced anything yet, and don't want to admit that they don't have any game art to show at all, so they use the "keeping it secret" excuse. I sure hope that's not the case!

I've been in correspondence with HaydenWCE for some time, and to me it doesn't look like that. However, I can't wait to see the screenshots!

3 backgrounds fully complete, with others in production. Numerous sprites are completely finished, with concept art down for a few more. Inventory items will be drawn in the near future. Music is almost all done. I would love to share some of it with you but, as Alex IDV has speculated - we are keeping this stuff secret until the release, or at least closer to the release.

• 6 months later...

Me four. I thought this game had been cancelled or "put on indefinite hiatus"! Glad to see that it's still going.

I have to say that the door to The Irish Mile - the whole scene, actually - looks very small, though. Is Guybrush still a child when he visits that place?

Also, is that Meathook in the "Keelhaul - Live Tonight" poster?

• 2 weeks later...
this project seems to be dead...i tried to contact the guys who are working on it...no body replied anything.

Could be that they're busy with things irl, and haven't read your emails/PMs, or don't want to talk much about the game (it's a secret to everybody!)

Or so I'd like to think.

Archived