Home

Weapons.dat file questions.

Path-x

Hello.

First, I having problem with applying my weapons.dat file modification to JKA multiplayer. The modifications work fine in single player mode but multiplayer just ignores it. Can anyone help me out with this? Am I doing something wrong?

Second question is how to edit/modify weapon damage? It doesn't seem you can do it via weapons.dat file.

Edit: Oh one more thing. How can you make NPC shoot bursts with E-11 (secondary fire, Jan or ImpCommander does it)? I tried to edit parameters in NPC files but I haven't figured it out yet.

1. I'm no mp expert but it may be conflicting with a mod. You may need to activate cheats. Mp runs differently than sp so can't really help here.

2. Damage is hard coded. For mp you'll need to look at the SDK and know either C or C++ not sure which. For sp it is not possible, I think.

3. There is a line in the .npc file that will do that. I only know of it because of the npc tool on jk3files.

Thanks guys.

Well I am pretty skilled in programming in C so there should be no problem. I have just found out how to modify damage and stuff.

3. There is a line in the .npc file that will do that. I only know of it because of the npc tool on jk3files.

Do you by any chance know which line exactly is it? I can't seem to find it.

• 5 months later...

Archived