Home

Editing a saber

mindy112

If you download the SDK on jk3files it will give you a guide on what all can be done in a .sab file.

To edit the file you need to use: Notepad, Wordpad, or any other text document reader/writer.

assests0.pk3/ext_data/sabers/ This is where you will find the .sab files. Some examples are: kyle.sab, luke.sab, single_1.sab, single_2.sab, dual_1.sab and so on. The easy way to remember the .sab file name is that it should be the same as the command to give the player a saber in the console: saber kyle is related to kyle.sab. There are some exceptions, but this is mostly true.

Is there anyway to make the saber look like the same hilt as another saber in game?

i dont want nobody to know im using a modded saber, so it looks like a normal saber to them

so basically, i edited dual_2 saber and added it to the server, i went in game and it looks like a single saber hilt so people can tell its modded, anyway to make it look like a normal staff?

• 4 months later...

when i use pakscape to open my .sab files there is no "damagescale" line, it only shows the following:

single_1

{

name @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_1/saber_1.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 40

saberColor random

}

why is this happening and what should i do about it? im opening the .sab files with notepad; is there a better program i should use?

whats the maximum you can set the damagescale to?

and can you go ahead and give all the possible line entries for a .sab file? apparently my game defaults to base with most of the contents of the .sab files...

also, i still experiment with using movie duels 2 assets in regular JA, and i was wondering: where in the assets folder are saber styles kept? because in movie duels 2, galen mareks backhand saber has a style of its own, unique to the others. so where are saber styles kept in the assets?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived