Home

My Project!

purple_tentacle_

Hello everyone!

I havnt been on the forums for about a year and I thought I would show you guys what I just started working on about a day ago. I have this whole game idea that I thought up and I wanted to show you my first map. I have tried making games before but never can get the maps made up.

But finally I have some free time to work on them. Now I am not a computer geniouse and definatley dont know anything about Photoshop but I have had some help from some friends and they are slowly teaching me some stuff.

My first background:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
a1h9w7.jpg

I know its big but it was just practice so I didnt worry about that. So tell me what you guys think!

Looks pretty good. By "map" do you mean background? Is this going to be an adventure game? What's the story about?

Your main character reminds me of an adventure game I tried to make once. I got the intro and first room done. In the intro a teenage boy gets killed, and the game begins in the boys room. The boy is there for some reason, but he's a zombie. I did a pretty cool sprite of the boy... he had blood down his clothes and his face was almost white. The idea was that you would walk around your house trying to figure out what happened and what to do next. I seem to remember I got all the plot and puzzles done but couldn't be bothered to actually make the game. I guess it ended with the boy passing on to some kind of afterlife. I liked the mix of sadness and strangeness. Being dead is actually quite a good scenario for an adventure game, especially if you really are dead, and not just "mostly dead" like in some games. The game used a MIDI version of the Cranberrie's song Zombie because I thought it fitted.

Anyway, that was an aside!

Looks pretty good. By "map" do you mean background? Is this going to be an adventure game? What's the story about?

Your main character reminds me of an adventure game I tried to make once. I got the intro and first room done. In the intro a teenage boy gets killed, and the game begins in the boys room. The boy is there for some reason, but he's a zombie. I did a pretty cool sprite of the boy... he had blood down his clothes and his face was almost white. The idea was that you would walk around your house trying to figure out what happened and what to do next. I seem to remember I got all the plot and puzzles done but couldn't be bothered to actually make the game. I guess it ended with the boy passing on to some kind of afterlife. I liked the mix of sadness and strangeness. Being dead is actually quite a good scenario for an adventure game, especially if you really are dead, and not just "mostly dead" like in some games. The game used a MIDI version of the Cranberrie's song Zombie because I thought it fitted.

Anyway, that was an aside!

Oh ya sorry I meant background and it is an adventure game.

I am trying to go for the whole kind of sad dark feeling. I want to keep the main character a mystery. I want it to be different so its not like other games were you know almost everything about the main character there will always be a piece of information you don't know about him. Kind of a Machinarium kind of character. He wont talk much and there wont be voices but sounds. Its hard to explain but you will see if I make it that far.

I'm kind of going for that dark feeling the world has in that game. I am hopefully going to make 2 games if I can manage to finish this one. I have already started on all the graphics though which is the farthest I have gotten.

But the story is in complete in some parts so I also have to work on that. But basically you start out in an unknown town as your mysterious character. As you check the town out you can put the pieces together. The whole story is almost trying to figure out what happened to you and who you are. So you are basically thrown in the game not knowing anything and you slowly put things together while also solving the smaller puzzles throughout the game.

I do have the story written but it has some dull moments I need to work on and I need to work on making the puzzles a little more challenging but I am far from putting the game together it will take some time.

But I will be working on a demo so people can check it out and tell me if you liked it or if it needs any changes.

So I will be updated on here and the ags forums.

You know, you really should make that game some day, I'd love to play it!

And good luck purple_tentacle, your game looks interesting, I hope you can finish it. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived