Home

NY man sues Vegas hooker for refund

Totenkopf

Unfortunately stupidity is not against the law.:¬:

This case sums up the pettiness that seems to have permeated our country. Whatever happened to the voice of the people?:confused:

Division, class envy, hypocrisy in wanting rivals to be silenced and censored but not themselves, entitlement, litigious attitudes of the '90s "if I can get it my way, I'll sue"......

Should I go on? :)

Unfortunately stupidity is not against the law.:¬:

This case sums up the pettiness that seems to have permeated our country. Whatever happened to the voice of the people?:confused:

Yeah, look at a few cases that preceeded this one.

1.) A woman went to McDonalds and ordered a cup of coffee. She placed it between her legs and it burned her... she sued McDonalds claiming she didn't know it was hot and won, resulting in McDonald's (and every resturaunt) putting caution hot on cups. -_-

2.) A man was driving an RV and decided he was hungry. He put the RV on cruise, claiming he believed it was auto-pilot and crashed the RV, sueing the company for false advertisement... he too won the case.

I thought the RV thing was an urban legend.

As for the woman that sued for McDonald's Coffee, she had a case as the coffee was so hot that she had to have skin grafts. It was the extreme heat that gave her a case. But sadly people unfamiliar with the particulars of the case believe they could sue for anything that hurt them Even if it was their own fault or they misused the product. They could sue for their own stupidity. And even worse, jurists believed that those people were entitled to it. It also didn't help that many companies just figured it was better to settle out of court rather than take the bad publicity hit.

It also didn't help that many companies just figured it was better to settle out of court rather than take the bad publicity hit.
That isn’t the only reason, they settle because of the unpredictability of juries. In my line of work I have seen cases where there is no reason for a insurance company to pay out anything under the terms of the policy, but that did not stop a jury from awarding millions. Sure that case was overturned when the case go to the Texas Supreme Court. Still by that time the insurance company had already spent more on litigation then it would have if it had settled claim when it was first filed.

If you got the little guy in one chair and the big bad company (insurance company) in the other chair, whom do you think the average Joe is going to side with. I’ve actually heard a juror say after a case that “they knew the person was not entitled to the money, but the insurance company could afford it.”

As for the woman that sued for McDonald's Coffee, she had a case as the coffee was so hot that she had to have skin grafts. It was the extreme heat that gave her a case.

Yeah, let's defend this woman for all the COLD coffee drinkers in America! That's what our legal system is built for! I hope you aren't rationalizing her choice to sue because there was nothing rational about it except someone who was money-hungry...

@mimartin: Yeah Juries awarding millions because the little guy wanted money and the big guy could afford it would be another reason. Missed that one.

@urunluckyday: I've had a lot of coffee. I've drank a lot of coffee that was very hot. I've spilled a lot of very hot coffee on my lap. I've never been burned by very hot coffee to the point of needing skin grafts. Coffee that is so hot that it gives you 3rd or 4th degree burns is unreasonably hot. You cannot drink it when it's that hot.

Perhaps the coffee was too hot however that doesn't change the fact that she should have known that it was hot and thereby realizing that it shouldn't have gone between her legs...

btw Tommycat, it's not urban legend about the RV, my American Government teacher from last year knew the name of the company and the person who sued, though at this time I can't remember...

Perhaps the coffee was too hot however that doesn't change the fact that she should have known that it was hot and thereby realizing that it shouldn't have gone between her legs...

btw Tommycat, it's not urban legend about the RV, my American Government teacher from last year knew the name of the company and the person who sued, though at this time I can't remember...

Urban legend. So sayeth Snopes

Though there may be at least some truth to it, it has all the hallmarks of an urban legend

Archived