Home

NFL PLayoffs 2011: Bears vs. Packers

newbiemodder

I'm rooting for the team with the most Texas Longhorns. I’ve been doing that for years since Houston lost its NFL team. Maybe one day we will have a “real” NFL team again.

Chicago 2: Green Bay 1 – The Bears have the Longhorn edge, so I am a Bears fan here.

New York 0: Pittsburg 3 – Same with Pittsburg.

I'm rooting for the team with the most Texas Longhorns. I’ve been doing that for years since Houston lost its NFL team. Maybe one day we will have a “real” NFL team again.

Oh.

Ouch.

Pining for the days of Earl Campbell? Dude was awesome....

Warren Moon and the Run n Shoot?

I loved the Oilers too. They were my first NFL team, because that is where my Dad moved and I was just old enough to recognize that there were two teams playing AGAINST each other on the TV. Then Broncos fever took hold of me... Rick Upchurch FTW!

I didn't expect the hostility towards the, uh, "Texans" though :p Lots of talent there....

----------------------------------------

Finished High School in La Crosse, WI. Had college teammates that made it to the Pack. Still reminisce about fresh cheese curds deep fried, squeeking away as I munch them.

Oh... and the Pack destroyed the Falcons, who I got to watch a lot this year, and were a solid football team.

Packers 37 - 24 over the Bears, not as close as the score.

-----------------------------------------

Just for fun, Jets 22 - 19 over the Steelers. Yes, a strange score.

Pining for the days of Earl Campbell? Dude was awesome....

Warren Moon and the Run n Shoot?

both

I didn't expect the hostility towards the, uh, "Texans" though :p Lots of talent there....

The Texans are a team that is pretty much content to be mediocre as long as ownership is raking in the money.

I Knew Gary Kubiak had little to no understanding of the decision making needed to run a football team the moment he was hired by the Texans. When Kubiak said he could turn David Carr into a winning quarterback I knew he was going to be a failure in Houston. Carr was so shelled shocked after being sacked a NFL record amount of time his only chance at being a serviceable NFL quarterback was somewhere else with an actual offensive line. Either Kubiak let his ego get in the way or was being too much of a yes man to ownership. 37-43 record pretty much proves Kubiak was a good Offensive Coordinator (at least with John Elway and Terrell Davis on the team), but he is a mediocre head coach. Also annoyed that as a Aggie Kubiak pretty much refuses to draft Longhorn players.

Go Zebras!

Next year they really need to put the quarterbacks in dresses if they are going to continue to throw flags every time someone touches them.

Yeah, no kidding. Sheesh. I hope the refs get fined for all the crap calls they made against the Bears (and maybe 1 or 2 of those against that team up north, too.)

Archived