Home

Captain America: The First Avenger

JediAthos

Seen during the Super Bowl tonight was the trailer for the new Captain America movie. I will admit to not being a comic book fan, but the trailer for the movie looks like it might have some promise to be half way decent. Thoughts?

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

He played The Human Torch in Fantastic Four, its the same with Ryan Reynolds too, He Played Hannibal King (Nightstalkers) in Blade Trinity, then Deadpool in Wolverine... He's also playing the Green Lantern but thats DC comics, not Marvel lol :)

Ah the Cap. I wonder why nobody has gone to my Thor thread yet--I realize Natalie Portman wasn't the greatest actress but I would have thought that would be enough to get SW fans interested. lol

However I'm glad in some ways to see Chris Evans again. An avengers movie is sometime down the road I think.

Iron man was really good, have yet to see #2. Hulk 1 was marginal at best, incredible hulk was better.

Wolverine...good if you have not read the comics.

X-men...they were okay I guess. Just not as interested now as I was a li'l tyke.

Daredevil I can't complain too much about. Could have been better. Never saw Electra though.

****ING JOY.

that means that there is a 'The Avengers' movie thats GOING to happen XD

we have now all FOUR of them, 100% expect Sam L Jackson appearing in both Capt America and Thor.

[edit] maybe 85%, depending on the countinuty w/ Iron Man 2, Stark might 'give back' that certain something (dont want to 100% spoiler something

• 6 months later...

Time for some thread necromancy.

I saw this movie a day or two ago. When I first heard about the film, I was worried about having Chris Evans as the Cap. I knew from "Sunshine" that he's capable of acting (I'll blame F4 on the script). However, I was worried he wouldn't be able to pull off the square-jawed American hero look. I was happily wrong.

I loved this movie. Sure, it was sometimes cheesy, but you got the sense that it was consciously so. It was a movie without any pretensions of being something it wasn't meant to be. Given that it had the same director, it's not surprising that it felt similar in spirit to "The Rocketeer", which I loved, despite its flaws. Having a nice, old-fashioned, wholesome, and patriotic hero is a refreshing change from the brooding and angstiness that's been annoyingly omnipresent in the genre recently. And this is coming from a guy whose favorite comics include Garth Ennis' run on Punisher MAX, which is quite possibly one of the most dark and brooding (but not remotely angsty, thank god) comics out there (I can't resist bringing up that series. Everyone should read Vol. 5: The Slavers. Everyone).

Tommy Lee Jones' character had some hilarious lines. Also, I want some super-soldier serum. Hell, I'd even take the experimental type that makes you have a red skull face, if there wasn't any of the finished stuff, and I could get a convincing mask like Hugo Weaving did. It'd save money on Halloween, at the very least.

Archived