Home

Did Proxy distract Vader in order to let him spare Starkiller?

Gerevick

Maybe Proxy didn't, he might've just been in the right place at the right time..

So, Vader didn´t betray his apprentice? Shall we say, then, that Vader intended to make it look as if he had killed Starkiller in order to fool the Emperor, who had discovered Marek still lived and asked Vader to kill him again?

So, Vader didn´t betray his apprentice? Shall we say, then, that Vader intended to make it look as if he had killed Starkiller in order to fool the Emperor, who had discovered Marek still lived and asked Vader to kill him again?

Where did you got that from?

seriously? Vader had already betrayed Starkiller, when he and Juno are talking after the rebel leaders are taken, Starkiller says that Imperial lives, credits, mean nothing to Vader, he just wanted the enemies of the Empire all in one place. Of course PROXY attacked when he did, to distract Vader and allow Starkiller as chance to escape, whether it be to run away, or fall off the damn cliff.

The infrastructure needed to clone a Jedi is another thing. It had to have been in place long before. cloning a force user can't be like cloning a soldier. He had to have intended to clone Starkiller all along. He didn't need the original any more, he just needed to have the Emporers enemies taken care of, then he would clone a perfect apprentice, and take control of the galaxy.

The infrastructure needed to clone a Jedi is another thing. It had to have been in place long before. cloning a force user can't be like cloning a soldier. He had to have intended to clone Starkiller all along. He didn't need the original any more, he just needed to have the Emporers enemies taken care of, then he would clone a perfect apprentice, and take control of the galaxy.

This idea was well presented in the dark side ending of TFU II. It would have been the more logical one to be canon, I think. Darth Vader getting captured is an improbable scenario. His more resourceful ploy of having a dark side apprentice waiting in the shadows to strike would have made the outcome of the light side ending most unlikely.

it is going to be interesting to see which way LucasArts goes with this. Vader has to escape somehow. Will there be the dark clone coming out of the woodwork to free his boss, will the original starkiller show up out of the blue and, do . . . something.

In order to stay canon, and not completely derail the entire franchise, they need Vader free, they need the rebelion to remain intact, and they need to kill off Starkiller and all his clones. I am hoping they don't screw this one up. I think they could have found a less preposterous way of telling a story in TFU2, but it's far too late for that.

it is going to be interesting to see which way LucasArts goes with this. Vader has to escape somehow. Will there be the dark clone coming out of the woodwork to free his boss, will the original starkiller show up out of the blue and, do . . . something.

In order to stay canon, and not completely derail the entire franchise, they need Vader free, they need the rebelion to remain intact, and they need to kill off Starkiller and all his clones. I am hoping they don't screw this one up. I think they could have found a less preposterous way of telling a story in TFU2, but it's far too late for that.

I wonder how the events of the TFU games would have influenced Vader´s character. Was he more determined to find someone to overthrow the Emperor? Luke´s appearance was entirely by chance. What would the events of these two chapters in his life have motivated him to do had he not learned his unborn son had survived?

The Sith always betray one another. Vader would have to have found a suitable apprentice, soemthing of the "Savage Opress" variety. A violent, powerful monster that would be able to take the full force of Palpatine and keep going. Palpatine was too powerful for Vader alone. He may have been the chosen one, but he was still not powerful enough, and definately not smart enough to defeat Palpatine. Especially since Palaptine doesn't actually "die" until all the clones of his own body are destroyed, and he can no longer keep moving himself within the force from one body to another younger one. Vader couldn't have known this.

One way or another, Vader would have tried to overthrow his old master. There is no way around it. Every Sith in history has been betrayed and destroyed, only to have their apprentice take their place. Vader still couldn't do it alone.

The Sith always betray one another. Vader would have to have found a suitable apprentice, soemthing of the "Savage Opress" variety. A violent, powerful monster that would be able to take the full force of Palpatine and keep going. Palpatine was too powerful for Vader alone. He may have been the chosen one, but he was still not powerful enough, and definately not smart enough to defeat Palpatine. Especially since Palaptine doesn't actually "die" until all the clones of his own body are destroyed, and he can no longer keep moving himself within the force from one body to another younger one. Vader couldn't have known this.

One way or another, Vader would have tried to overthrow his old master. There is no way around it. Every Sith in history has been betrayed and destroyed, only to have their apprentice take their place. Vader still couldn't do it alone.

Indeed. I find myself wondering what Vader meant when he said "not with you, no." When Starkiller asked if he never meant to overthrow the Emperor. Was it merely a case of the Emperor learning that Starkiller still lived and Vader had to make it look as if he were going to kill him for certain this time? This is why I asked if Proxy came to distract Vader at an oportune moment, so Starkiller could escape.

Archived