Home

KOTOR Links

Gurges-Ahter

I haven't been keeping up with TOR updates as much lately, but decided to try and catch up a bit today. Sifting through the TOR site I found this Q&A response that I liked:

Q: Will characters from Knights of the Old Republic be mentioned and will events from Knights of the Old Republic II have an impact on the game? (asked by Forcemachine)

A: All I can say for the KOTOR and KOTOR II fans out there is you will not be disappointed. The Old Republic has been written from Day One of development with the idea that it was a true sequel to the original Knights of the Old Republic games. For folks that have not played those games, you will certainly feel right at home as well, but to get the full backstory we do encourage players to play KOTOR I and II. Or maybe at least read the Wookieepedia entries!

I know it doesn't really say anything we haven't already heard, but as a huge KOTOR fan, I found this comforting. I wonder how much of the story it will touch. We know we'll learn more about Revan, but how about the Exile? What about Bastila? Atris? I'm curious to know how much they choose to revisit.

Well, about Bastila... We already know one of her offsprings is the Jedi Grand Master during TOR (Satele Shan). And obviously there's HK-47. I hope we'll get some links to the Exile, T3 and other characters. But I doubt we'll see more of Atris, or Kreia for that matter.

I think TOR will revisit as KotOR as much as KotOR revisited the Old Republic based comics that came before it. In other words, we'll get a few some familiar surnames on important characters, droid cameos, a few lines referring to K1-2 events and possbily a few quests. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the main story will disregard both games completely.

Archived