Home

New Jedi Knight game

jamesfett

First of all let me start by saying im a big fan of JO, JA, KOTOR and battlefront.

Now the big question, why dont lucas arts make more jedi knight games like JO and JA? i am sure you have heared this many times before, and with good reason, rather than make a new JK game you make the flop that is force unleashed, i am yet to meet someone who enjoys this game.

i dont want to crush ant stormtroopers nor do i want to be a force super power, its an insult to anything starwars, its like god vs cockroaches, this is not star wars imo, the fight between good and evil should be an even one, battles with lightsabers AND guns, because some of us think bounty hunters and other non jedi characters rock too.

i played force unleashed briefly for maybe 30 mins, cant say i ran to the shop and bought it, all i did was ask my friend to put GTA 4 on rofl

look at these forums, how many posts in unleashed? then look at the attention JA gets to this day, the community WAS huge, get starwars back to how it was rather than making anime movies and fail games

Thanks for your time

Jamesfett

• 4 months later...

I think there is one fundamental problem and it relates to a suitable storyline for a new game - where does Kyle's story go next? The Jedi Knight brand was first and foremost the story of Kyle's rise from mercenary to Jedi Master. Although we took control of Jaden in JA, Kyle's role was still central to the plot. Now that Jaden has completed his training, where does Kyle fit in? Or does the story progress and become that of Jaden Korr?

Don't get me wrong - I would love a new JK game. At the moment, however, the series has a whole host of mods, maps and the like that continue to keep things fresh. Although releases have slowed down dramatically (which after 8 years isn't a surprise) there is still enough interest in the games to keep them alive. I know I never tire of playing the games so that must be worth something.

Who knows? Maybe Lucasarts are busy trying to figure out the perfect story so as not to tarnish the brand that so many know and love, just like 3D Realms did with Duke Forever. Wait a minute...

• 2 months later...
I think there is one fundamental problem and it relates to a suitable storyline for a new game - where does Kyle's story go next? The Jedi Knight brand was first and foremost the story of Kyle's rise from mercenary to Jedi Master. Although we took control of Jaden in JA, Kyle's role was still central to the plot. Now that Jaden has completed his training, where does Kyle fit in? Or does the story progress and become that of Jaden Korr?

Don't get me wrong - I would love a new JK game. At the moment, however, the series has a whole host of mods, maps and the like that continue to keep things fresh. Although releases have slowed down dramatically (which after 8 years isn't a surprise) there is still enough interest in the games to keep them alive. I know I never tire of playing the games so that must be worth something.

Who knows? Maybe Lucasarts are busy trying to figure out the perfect story so as not to tarnish the brand that so many know and love, just like 3D Realms did with Duke Forever. Wait a minute...

Well JA finishes on a cliff hanger man, but SP never really bothered me, it was allways the multiplayer that i loved, the community, but i quit when it was at the end of its very slow painful death (about a year ago)

i really miss this game, so so much

how jedi clans would fight sith clans n stuff, clan wars where i would go into the rival clans server as boba fett and snipe their leaders off as a "lamer"

really loved doing assasinations as boba, or force fights as a sith

its this game that gave me my online name, started playing JO when i was nothing but a nipper, around 8 or 9, played till i was like 18 or some shizzle

this game was a huge part of my life and rather than wasting their time on silly single player force games they should let anyone play as anything they wanted, like in JA

it was the variety that kept JA the great game that it is, even in SP there was variety and customisation, really miss this game

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jedi knight is one of the best games I have ever played. Re-releasing JK would probably be a good idea. Making it work on modern systems would not be a bad idea either.

The story, gameplay and level design was just amazing. Being able to make one's own levels was a big advantage of the game too.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think that's that big of a problem. They managed to do that 2 times with Ezio in Assassins Creed. It is a totally different game but it just goes out to show that it is possible.

He could be wounded or captured and tortured and so on.

BTW:

http://kotaku.com/spark-unlimited/

http://www.sparkunlimited.com/projects.html

So what do you guys think? The description fits JK much more than BF3.

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to give my 2c on this topic.

When I seen KOTOR for the first time and the semi-turn-based game play I thought it would be a idea to execute it like SW JK JA instead of going this "slower" way.

Well, KOTOR was a great success, KOTOR 2 was a little less than that (and it was also an unfinished game) and no one was thinking about a game that would go beyond SW JK JA.

Instead of KOTOR 3, then came the SW MMO (I dont even want to recall the name), it was a huge disappointment of the direction the Lucas games took (I guess everything had to follow the new movies :rolleyes:).

Instead of new SW JK game, there was that console thing, that... I dont even want to know whats it called.

Anyway, if someone from LucasArts is reading this. Please, revive this game, and be creative. I really loved the way you needed to combine gestures to execute the move.

NOTE TO LUCAS: Jedi's are not Gods, Midi-chlorian suck and I hope that Mickey Mouse will run SW in to the ground.

• 1 year later...

Qtracker reports:

197 servers, 267 players.

(JK2 for reference is 52/26)

And that's not even a peak hour peak day or peak hour, so it's still alive. ;)

Sadly my server has been dead for awhile and I haven't had the cash or free time to resurrect it. It still might have been the longest running MP server for the game though (Kurgan's Meatgrinder). I'd love to bring it back someday.

The Force Unleashed was cool (TFU2 had better graphics and a few neat additions and though I haven't finished it people tell me the previous game had the superior storyline and character experience), but it needs a robust multiplayer option and a saber system at least as good as JK2/JA. THAT then would be the next JK game.

I have said it before, the next JK game needs to have a Dark Side storyline as the main feature (though still having the option to go "good" is a must). Multiplayer and modability on the PC is key for the series, along with the ability not only to do sabers and force but also guns (and nowadays, vehicles). It needs to be a worthy successor for the series, not just cookie cutter FPS (flavor of the month COD or Halo) with a JK coat of paint.

Some sort of "training mode" or tutorial included with the game to teach players the gameplay style would also be a great deal, as modern players are lazy and too used to again the cookie cutter Halo/COD type gameplay, which is definitely NOT what JK is all about.

Archived