Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Avalon System, Listening Post Alpha

"Sir, we're picking up something on the long-range scanners." One of the two listening post operators pointed out to the other.

"Any idea what it is?" Her co-operator asked.

"It's a ship, just out of visual range. Hold on, it's transmitting a Republic IFF code." She added. "We'll have a visual in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1."

This ship, despite carrying a Republic IFF code, didn't look like any starship design on record, let alone a Republic ship currently in service. It was, however, massive, and armed to the teeth.

"What is it? Some new class of Star Destroyer on a shakedown cruise?" The male operator inquired.

"Negative. No news from the Republic about any prototype ships." His counterpart pointed out. "We have to send a message to Avalon immediately. Security has been breached."

"I'm trying, but the transmitter's not responding to the controls." He replied.

"But it's working?" The other operator asked.

"It's transmitting something to the other posts, and not the standard updates either. I think that ship is sending a virus to the whole network of listening posts in the system." He suggested.

"And now we're losing power." His co-operator pointed out.

The listening post, and every other one soon after, went dark.

Avalon was defenceless.

Avalon

"And so, it is my great honour to pronounce Lady Andorra Evenstar of Avalon, and Doctor Lenatha Pradhes of Ryloth, wife and wife!" The Avalonian minister proclaimed, and Andorra and Lenatha then kissed for the first time as a married couple.

Kalla was naturally happy for them, but at the same time, she sensed something that made her uneasy. She couldn't tell what was, but she could tell that at the very least, both her brother and father could sense it too.

Has the time finally come? She thought to herself, wondering if the moment she had dreaded for nearly two years had finally arrived.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"And so, it is my great honour to pronounce Lady Andorra Evenstar of Avalon, and Doctor Lenatha Pradhes of Ryloth, wife and wife!"

"I love weddings." Supreme commander Belina whispered to Garja as she watched Andorra and Lenatha kiss. Garja reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of cloth and offered it to her. Belina took it and nodded in thanks just as her comlink made a very soft noise that she could barely hear.

"Belina here." She said quietly as she answered the call. "Admiral, this is Alriana aboard the Ackbar, something is wrong with the listening posts. They seem to be offline. It could be some sort of malfunction."

Belina shook her head. "How many are offline?"

"It seems that all of them are offline. There is no way all of them went offline due to a malfunction now that I think about it."

"Bring the Ackbar to battle alert status and start scanning the system for any ships or anything odd. If you detect any ships put the Ackbar between it and the planet."

"Yes Admiral."

Belina got up and motioned for Garja to follow her. She walked over to Kalla and her family. "Something's wrong up in orbit. It looks like all of the listening posts have gone dark. The Ackbar is at full battle readiness."

Both Belina and Garja quietly slipped out of the building and ran toward the shuttle that they had used to get to Avalon.

Tonatius watched with delight at the happiness of his cousin being married. Two souls finding each other in the midst of turmoil was a good omen. He glanced at the underside of his right wrist to see the new tattoo he had acquired. After months of courting, he explained to Kalla the meaning of that mark and she agreed. He held her hand as the ceremony was being completed but he couldn't help but feel uneasy about something coming. He squeezed Kalla's hand gently.

When Belina and Garja came over and reported problems at the listening posts, he became concerned. He whispered to Kalla, "This is like a bad memory moi chroi. I was hoping that today wouldn't be spoiled."

"You can say that again," Taryn, Tonatius' twin remarked. "I for one have a problem with happy events getting spoiled. Bad for business."

Jun-la had been feeling uneasy all day as she sat with her padawan Andros and his family. They had been training on her world for the past few months in order to build up Andros' abilities in calming techniques as well as physical fitness when the announcement came of the wedding. They had dropped everything to come and now she had a bad feeling about all of it.

It was confirmed when Belina and Garja came over and told their news. She leaned over and spoke to Komad, "I think we should make a discreet exit and discuss the next course of action. Your thoughts?"

Being in the fleet was different from being a Shinigami in more ways than one but Tavaryn actually enjoyed it. After that business on Geonosis, he decided to make a change and contacted Belina. She offered the position of combat instructor which he accepted. In addition he managed to convince Haruka to become the security advisor on the Katarn and as far as he knew, the kid was doing fine.

He trudged down the hall dressed in black pants and a black flight jacket, a concession he made to being a part of the fleet. He was thinking about the next lesson he was to teach to the advanced class which involed some more deadlier techniques and progression to different types weapons that differed from traditional Republic issued weapons. He had two other levels based upon skill level and had those worked out.

Today basic warm ups and a sparring session. He was thinking when he bumped into a female officer or something or other. He spotted the boots and saw they weren't fleet issue so he figured a special advisor. He muttered, "My apologies," and continued to walk towards the training area.

Andorra Evenstar Pradhes leaned in close to give her new bride, Lenatha, a kiss and gentle nuzzle on her soft scarlet nose. "Lena," she whispered into the tympanic region of the Twi'lek's head-tails, "I'm yours for now and always, come what may." On what was truly the happiest day of her life, the Avalonian noblewoman felt no hint of danger. She was safe in the arms of her soul-mate, and absolutely nothing could shatter her nuptial tranquility.

She took Lenatha's hand and beamed delightedly. The both of them presented themselves as newlyweds to the supportive crowd that had attended the ceremony. Kalla Kaltas--her former love--was there, as was Tonatius, with whom Kalla had found happiness. As she caught Kalla's eye, Andorra winked. I may have lost you, Andorra's eyes said, but in this case, we both won! I have sweet Lena, and you have the best man anyone could ever find. Good luck to all of us! Glancing at the attendees, she also spotted Komad Kaltas as well as Jun-la--family, and comrades-in-arms.

It was at this moment that she saw the worried looks on several faces...

"Lena?" she whispered again. "Up in the balcony--is something going on?"

RSS Ackbar

"Jedi Haltra, I think I've figured out what caused the listening post blackout. It appears to be a computer virus, transmitted on their standard operating frequency." One of the bridge officers pointed out to Alriana. "From what I can tell, it won't take long for it to adapt and infect the Ackbar."

Avalon

"I don't know, my love." Lenatha, or Lena, as Andorra had come to call her, replied. "But I don't think it has anything to do with us."

"I think I might know what it is, but why here, and why now?" Kalla asked rhetorically. With so much chaos in the galaxy, they needed all the happy moments they could get.

"Alriana, this is Komad. We're clearing out the hall now, but we're going to need to be updated on the situation up in orbit as frequently as possible. Understood?" Komad tried to send up, but all he received in response was static.

"We've just lost communication with the Ackbar. Not sure where the interference might be coming from." He pointed out the Admiral.

"Jedi Haltra, I think I've figured out what caused the listening post blackout. It appears to be a computer virus, transmitter on their standard operating frequency. From what I can tell, it won't take long for it to adapt and infect the Ackbar."

"Jedi Alriana," one of the other officers called out. "Sensors are picking up some sort of energy signature in the Avalon system, It could be a ship, I think it may have something to do with the blackouts."

"Bring us between that ship and the planet. Everyone who is good with computers is to keep that virus from infecting the ship."

Another officer raised her voice. "Communications are being jammed. We can't get through to anyone."

The jedi thought for a moment. "Order all hands to prepare to defend the ship and prepare to launch all fighters. It looks like we're going to be in for a fight."

"The why is only relevant when we find a connection," Taryn replied to Kalla's rhetorical question.

"I think that is obvious, Brother," Tonatius replied, "Considering all that we have done these long months."

Taryn shrugged his shoulders. He said, "Well this can only mean that connections will be cut off and looks like they have."

Jun-la listened in on Komad's conversation trying to filter any possible communication. Hearing the static made her think the worst and she wondered if her father's brother was all right. She turned her attention to her padawan who was looking at her and said, "An inopportune time for this."

"I know, Master yet you are worried." Andros had been left behind the last few years not because he wasn't talented but his master had developed a motherly affection for him and he wasn't bitter. He was glad that she was back and was prepared to teach him more of the Force and on the side Avalonian techniques. He also knew that she had secrets best kept from the Jedi at the moment.

"I am Andros," Jun-la admitted. "The transmission loss could be a multitude of things yet I am thinking invasion." She looked at Belina and Komad and said, "We should probably start countermeasures against invasion. The clans on Amshrey and the warriors of Belos are our major players in terms of ground forces."

"If it wasn't for the communications blackout, I'd agree, but we can't make contact with them. We're on our own here." Komad pointed out to them.

"I was able to do a quick sweep of the upper atmosphere in the Silver Eagle, and I think I got a visual on what looked like a capital ship, but it didn't match anything on file. My guess would be the Undying Sith Empire." Iyav added, rushing back into the hall.

Kalla then approached Andorra and Lenatha, "I'm sorry to disrupt your marital bliss, but we have to get you out of here. If our suspicions are correct, Avalon is about to come under attack. We don't know who from yet." She explained to them.

Lenatha turned to her wife, "She's right, if they bombard us from orbit, this building won't last long." She pointed out.

"Seriously you underestimate our people," Taryn replied in a wry humor that his twin had never mastered. "But if it's shelter you want, I suggest we head towards the forest near the Jasilyn Plains."

"You mean the forest tribes," Tonatius replied.

"Yeap."

"That is not a bad idea. My family's home is there," Jun-la cut in. She then addresses everyone else, "We may be cut off but we can send people in ships to Belos and Amshrey. The smaller ships will be able to bypass any potential blockade. Meanwhile Lady Governor Lilah should be able to mobilize the defenses. Shall we agree to that plan?"

Andorra had always been a fair-skinned Avalonian maiden, unused to sun and wind scarring her features. However, once she heard the news she blanched a pasty white. All of the blood seemed to be rushing out of her head...

"Under attack--what--why?!" Her mouth had suddenly gone bone-dry. The wedding dress which held her frame in check through a corset-type bodice was getting tighter and more constricting every second. "No--no, no, no--"

The stress that she'd felt at finally getting married, although it was good stress, turned to fear and terror. Andorra felt ready to vomit and faint at the exact same time. Luckily, she only did the latter, right into Lenatha's arms...

RSS Ackbar

"Ma'am, we've just spotted the ship. It's already between us and the planet, and the energy signatures we're detecting seem to suggest it's charging its weapons, and targeting the planet." One of the bridge officers added.

Avalon

"I'll see what I can do. So far, it doesn't seem as though local communication has been disrupted." Governor Starlighter replied. "And even if we can't contact Belos and Amshrey, they'll be aware of the situation soon enough."

(It sounded as though you were suggesting the governor was elsewhere, but I'm guessing she wouldn't miss her daughter's wedding)

Fortunately for Lenatha, her own dress did not include a corset, leaving her breathing unrestricted, and she was able to catch Andorra when she fainted. She was about to start carrying her to the exit, when they heard a large blast from outside.

Kalla rushed up to the stained glass window at the end of the hall, to see one of the nearby buildings taken out by an orbital laser blast. "Now we really need to get moving." She pointed out.

"Ma'am, we've just spotted the ship. It's already between us and the planet, and the energy signatures we're detecting seem to suggest it's charging its weapons, and targeting the planet."

"Lock all turbolasers on that ship and open fire. Deploy all fighters and inform them that they are to stop that ship by any means possible. Wait until we're closer before firing proton torpedoes."

It's times like this I wish Tavaryn were here. she thought as the first few turbolasers blasts impacted against the side of the enemy ship.

"We're in torpedo range," one of the officers said.

""Fire!" Alriana ordered. "Target the weapons on that ship."

Tonatius saw the weapons beginning to fire and grabbed Kalla's arm and that of Lenatha's who was holding Andorra and began running towards the road that headed towards the forest tribes. He shouted to his companions, "Just hold on!"

Taryn shook his head and began running as well. he might as well look after his twin and his girlfriend. He was right alongside Lenatha and asked, "You want me to carry her?"

((I was assuming that she was there. Avalonians are very formal in business and sometimes talk in the third person))

Jun-la watched as one of the buildings was toppled by a blast. Well it was called Tyan-yu for a reason. She looked at her father's sister and said, "Be careful governor in getting the forces mobilized." She was referring to the danger that was facing them. Bombardment and mobilization.

Andros was trying to keep a brave face on and looked at his father and his master expectantly. It was Jun-la who said, "There are some ships nearby if I recall correctly. Komad, if you and Iyav go to Belos and Andros and I get to Amshrey, we should be able to get a signal out. Agreed?"

Tavaryn had made it to the training room when the call sounded for all hands to prepare to defend the ship. Some of his training class were already there so he gave the order, "Return to quarters or weapons lockers, grab your gear and report back here."

As soon as they left, Tavaryn raced back to his own quarters to a locked cabinet. Paused only a moment before unlocking it and opening it. He pulled out his set of shuriken, his sword and a weapon that he had hoped not to use but figured it would come handy. He also strapped on a belt filled with other odds and ends that came from his Shinigami days and raced back out.

His squad was there and he nodded acknowlegement before comming the communications officer, "This is Onashi reporting in. We're at the training room. What are your orders?"

Avalon

"Manoeuvring around laser blasts from orbit is nothing I can't handle." Iyav commented, and he and Komad started to make their way back to the Silver Eagle.

"I've got her." Lenatha insisted. "This isn't what it sounds like, but it'd probably be best if we got her out of that corset."

"How much use is fleeing to a forest going to be? If they're attacking from orbit, the only safe place would be an underground bunker.

"My Lord, the Republic ship has locked weapons on us, and they're launching fighters." A bridge officer on the other ship stated.

"Prepare the particle beam, and target their bridge. And send out our first wave of fighters." Darth Pestilus instructed. "Continue bombarding the planet."

"My lord, the power demands for the beam are too great for us to continue bombarding the planet and disrupting communications." The officer pointed out.

"Very well. Shut down the ventral lasers and the disruptors, and prepare to launch landing craft." Darth Pestilus conceded. At that point, the capital city was in ruins anyway.

The bridge of the Ackbar shook violently as some sort of unknown weapon impacted against the bridge, completley wiping out the bridge shields with one hit and causing a slight amount of damage.

What the...? Great, the bridge is undefended.

"The unknown ship has ceased attacking the planet is now targeting us! They have also launched fighters, for all we know they could be planning to board us," another officer called out.

Alriana nodded. "Reroute all auxillary power to the bridge shields! And try to keep the bridge out of that weapon's targeting scope. We can't take another hit like that. target their bridge and then fire all turbolasers!"

She then hit the intercom button that would broadcast her voice all over the ship. "Attention! All hands standby to defend the ship from enemy troops. All commando units are to report to the bridge to help defend the bridge. If we lose the bridge we're going to lose the ship."

"This is Onashi reporting in. We're at the training room. What are your orders?"

Alriana was too busy issuing orders to recognize the voice that came in over the intercom. "Report to the bridge as quickly as you can! We may have landing craft incoming and I think they're going to try and take the bridge."

Taryn rolled his eyes, amused at his brother's companions' ignorance. He replied, "The forest tribes know a thing or two about survival. Heck they survived a blast like this nearly 4000 years ago."

Tonatius had reluctantly cut open his cousin's dress and sliced off the corset wondering why in the name of the elders did she wear the dang thing. He noticed that her breathing was better now that she had nothing restricting it. He commented, "The cities will be hit first. Once in the forests we follow the lead of the tribes. Trust us please." He beckoned to Lenatha.

Jun-la shouted, "Good luck," and herded Andros to the familiar Ebon Hawk. That ship would get them to Belos in no time.

"Report to the bridge as quickly as you can! We may have landing craft incoming and I think they're going to try and take the bridge."

Tavaryn paused a moment upon hearing the voice over the comm. It sounded familiar yet he couldn't stop to think. He replied, "Understood, Onashi out."

To his men he said, "Form up, we're heading to the bridge."

"Aye sir," they shouted.

Tavaryn nodded and led the way, slinking along the corridors to look for any sign of the enemy. It would be a long walk out an airlock if they turned around blind corners without coverage. His hand clutched the familiar cylinder in reassurance as he led the way.

"I honestly have no idea why she went for a dress with a corset. I've never seen the appeal in them myself." Lenatha commented, before being shushed by Kalla.

"Hold on, do you hear that?" She asked. "The laser blasts have stopped, but there's something else entering the atmosphere.

"

While Kalla was right about the blasts stopping, the damage was done. Tyan-yu was in ruins, and the attack was far from over.

Tonatius muttered, "Clearly you've never been to Sieren," just as Kalla motioned for them to shush. He heard the quiet himself and the haris on his neck stood out.

Taryn felt it too and he looked at the sky. "Landing craft my arse. Looks like invasion."

Tonatius replied, "I only hope that Lady Jun-la and Master Komad make it to Belos and Amshrey in time. For now we must be prepared."

Andorra's eyes fluttered uneasily. Through a hazy blur of tears and rush of air, she sensed two things: Lenatha near her, and her tight corset removed.

A slow smile spread across her face. "Right now, Lena?" she asked. "My goodness gracious--not with all these people around!" Her voice sounded like it was a holovid recording on half-speed, but in all other respects, she was all right. The room seemed to spin, yes, but at least she was conscious again...

"As much as I wish it was, it's not what it looks like." Lenatha explained. "You know how restrictive corsets are to breathing, and quite frankly, under the circumstances, it's more counter-productive than anything else."

"At this rate we're probably going to have to fight off the troops from that landing craft." Kalla pointed out. "Andorra, where's your sword?"

"Right here," Taryn replied holding it out. "It would have looked tacky at the ceremony but I figured it should be around just in case. As if to reassure himself he patted his own blade to make sure it was there. "Oh and I brought one for you too Pradhes. It's a short sword but it is better than nothing."

Tonatius gave a wry grin and added as an explanation, "Part of our upbringing Lanatha." He then looked at his cousin and added, "By the way Cousin, I'm sorry I wrecked your dress but we needed to get to concious. Lady Jun-la suggested we hook up with family tribe."

Never thought I would have to be sneaking around again. The thought was humorful to Tavaryn as he led the way through the corridors of their level. They hadn't encountered any enemies yet but that didn't make him relax one bit.

It paid off when he rounded a corner and blaster fire started raining on them. He ordered for his men to take cover and return fire. He called through the comm, "We have enemies firing on us at the training deck. Possibly the same on other decks. Numbers not available."

((Alkonium, did you want to do some specific Sith troopers? I could help you out on doing different Sith soldiers through this.))

Still shell-shocked from the past few minutes' events, Andorra shook her head. "Never imagined you'd bring Chetyrnadtsat' to our wedding, Taryn, but in this case I'm very glad you did." She raised a wary, curious eyebrow. "Does it still have the capability of being heated and cauterizing flesh, as it did when we fought Darth Pestilus' infected minions?"

She smiled wryly at Tonatius once she heard his comment. "It is no great loss, that corset," Andorra replied, "since it made me lose consciousness when I heard--about what's happening. Who in space could be attacking us right now, and why?! It makes no logical sense at all, Cousin. Any theories?"

(Yeah, that could work)

"I'm better with a blaster, to be honest, but I'll do what I can." Lenatha commented, taking the sword.

"I have a theory, but it's pretty far-fetched. You know what Pestilus said back on Geonosis, right? I think they've finally decided to attack the Republic. As for why, I'd guess it's mostly symbolic. Avalon is widely regarded throughout the Republic as a 'safe' place. This attack would change that. Even if we repel the attack, even if we rebuild, Avalon will never be the same again." Kalla suggested. "Unless you've been modifying it, it should still heat up. Keep it at the ready, there's no knowing when the Sith troops, if that is the Sith, might be on us.

Above Belos

"We're in hailing range of the capital now." Iyav pointed out to Komad.

"This is Jedi Master Komad Kaltas on the Silver Eagle requesting urgent assistance. Avalon is under attack. I repeat: Avalon is under attack." Komad then sent to the planet.

Ackbar

"We have enemies firing on us at the training deck. Possibly the same on other decks. Numbers not available."

Alriana looked over at the security officer who had taken her normal station when the attack had begun. "Check with all decks for signs of intruders. Send a scurity team to assist...wait."

That was Tavaryn's voice...How did he get aboard the Ackbar?!

She took a deep breath. "Send a security team to assist Tavaryn and his men. Make sure he makes it to the bridge."

"As you wish." Alriana watched as four of the solders assigned to the bridge ran out into the corridors towards the training room.

Her eyes were suddenly drawn out the viewport to a small ship that didn't seem to be with the attacking forces. This one was destroying both republic fighters and enemy fighters. It was apparent that the pilot was strong with the force.

And it looked like he was heading straight for the Ackbar.

Varith watched the large republic ship fight it out with another ship even as he destroyed fighters that belonged to both sides. The only thing that mattered was getting to the force users aboard the republic ship.

He had been able to sense the force sensatives ever since he had entered the Avalon system behind the enemy force. There were a few of them but the ones that he wanted were aboard the republic ship.

The one he sought to kill was a jedi. And he knew that there were jedi aboard the republic ship.

Let the jedi run and hide. He could handle anything that they threw at him. In the end, the jedi would be dead.

((Tys, Andorra is talking to Taryn, Tonatius' twin brother. Tavaryn is on the Ackbar. LOL))

Taryn replied, "That is a sound theory. Legend has it that our system cannot be found except by those who know where it is or pure of heart."

"Not entirely accurate since the Rashikians are descendant from us," Tonatius replied, "Heck they tried to conquer us in the days of the Guardian."

"Always the history buff brother," Taryn replied. "Anyway best bet is to attack us but attack our strongest forces and they are the warrior worlds of Belos and Amshrey."

"Don't worry about Avalon Kalla," Tonatius said, "There is a reason why the capital is called Tyan-yu. When it was first destroyed, a new city was built on top and named thus. It means left over spirit. Right now, we need to make it to Lady Jun-la's family tribe. We need to regroup and I think Andorra needs a change of clothes." He gave a sheepish grin before leading the way into the forest.

((Alkonium, are you at Belos or Amshrey? If it is Amshrey, then I have to edit my posts. BTW, I implied the Mandalorians were on Amshrey lol))

Jun-la maneuvered the Ebon Hawk utilizing the upgrades that Matton insisted upon and delighting in the speed. Selene would be willing to help them. She had the spirit of her ancestor in her and she suspected Ordo's temper. She said to Andros, "Check stabilizers and prepare to transmit."

Using the standard issue pistol of the fleet, Tavaryn shot at the advancing enemy. He was a pretty good shot having practiced every chance he got when he wasn't engaged in combat training.

"Sir, we have to advance otherwise we'll be here forever."

Tavaryn nodded. "Form up and advance." He then began moving forward despite the fire. he used his instincts to avoid being hit and returned fire. They managed to clear the hall to the turbolift of the majority of the enemy when Tavaryn caught sight of something in the window.

"Sir, we're clear and ready to move to the med deck."

Tavaryn heard but didn't respond as he moved towards the window to take a look. The ship was like a lone wolf singling out either the Sith or Republic fighters. Tavaryn peered at it as if trying to see the pilot. Impossible since it was a fighter but something was off about it. His eyes widened slightly as if recognizing it as it headed towards the ship. "Let's move out."

The medbay deck was hardly any better and it seemed as if there were more Sith littering the halls as well as the bodies of both sides. Tavaryn was the first to enter and was spun around by a blaster shot to his left shoulder.

"The commander said to wait here," the Sith private was muttering to himself. He wanted to be part of the action yet the med deck was hardly challenging since it was medical staff and injured troopers. He hoisted his rifle up and conttinued to watch his tiny section.

He continued to watch for signs of movement. His chance came when he saw a sentient. He wasn't wearing the standard fleet uniform but it was clear from his demeanor and the insigna on the jacket that he was in charge. Finally an officer. And he can't see me."

Taking aim through the scope on his sniper rifle, he led his target and fired.

Archived