Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

Tavaryn looked at Varith as he saluted him with his blade. He could see that some of his strikes had made it through the defenses of Varith and had cut him. The look on his face was impassive as he eyed Varith. He held his blades ready to strike if necessary, the blue bladed lightsaber glowed with power and his sword rang with its bite of burning coldness.

"You...I hate to admit this but you are a worthy opponet. One who deserves respect."

"Superiority through fighting. Such a cliched plot," Tavaryn replied impassively.

As the objects came flying, it looked as if Tavaryn were not going to move. To anyone watching it would have looked like he was waiting for them to hit him. It was almost slow motion as they came hurtling closer. When it looked like they were on top of him, he moved, disappearing again from view. The only indication that anythign was going on were objects being destroyed and one could make out Tavaryn's shape as he moved.

He reappeared again disturbingly close to Varith, sitting on a pile of crates. He then said, "I would say keep up but you would know how to do that." He was sporting a cut near his hairline and it was bleeding and had a few new bruises from objects he had missed. He sat there on the crates and watched Varith, ready to spring again.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This is the Silver Eagle, we read you loud and clear. We've been unable to make contact with Amshrey so far. Planetwide blackout is suspected. We're going in for a landing in order to confirm our suspicions. Komad out." Komad sent out.

"I still think our skills would be put to better use defending the planet from these attackers." Kalla commented.

Tonatius gave Kalla an indulgent smile, "I think so to but if we are to be able to do anything, the Lord of the Tribes must be informed so he can decide what to do. The warriors will guard as you and I are needed to present our case."

Jun-la listened to the message and replied, "Either that or the rest of the clans there are practicing maneuvers. Use caution when landed and identify yourself as Jedi. Both of you."

Selene wasted no time in mobilizing her clansmen while Lord Governor Gisan ordered the Belosian warriors to battle. she spoke to her men gathered, "Warriors, our lands have been threatened and our brothers call us for help. Upon our honor as Mandalorians and Avalonians, we fight."

The cheer was one of thunderous applause as the men and women cheered and raced towards the waiting ships. Selene looked at the sight as she climbed into the lead ship and beckoned her pilot to take off.

"I would say keep up but you would know how to do that."

Varith smiled. Despite the fact that he was slightly injured he had to admit that this was the most fun that he'd had in awhile. He knew that this opponet would kill him if he got the chance but still...he was getting quite a workout.

"Funny. An opponet with a sense of humor." Varith said as Tavaryn sat down on a crate. He knew that his opponet would jump at him if he made any hostile moves.

"Tell me...what are you? You are obviously not a jedi...you are something else."

The bridge of the Ackbar echoed with alarms as laser strikes hit the hull. The third officer was dead, he had been killed by an exploding console. But before he had died he had sent out a distress call that hopefully someone was picking up.

Tavaryn eyed his opponent warily as he sat on the crate. He was growing tired and it didn't help that his injuries were agitating the problem. "I have my moments," he replied.

"Tell me...what are you? You are obviously not a jedi...you are something else."

"I am what I am," Tavaryn replied, giving the same answer he would give normally to anyone who asked. That was how he saw himself. He rarely if ever referred to himself as a Shinigami, a habit borne from the years he spent in hiding. "A shadow."

"Lady Ordo, picking up a distress call. Republic ship."

"That's it. Head for it," Selene replied.

Silver Eagle

"If that were the case, we'd still have received a response from someone, and you realise that I'm not even remotely Force-sensitive, don't you?" Iyav commented. He then took the Eagle in for a landing at Mando'a.

Ackbar

"Jedi Haltra, I'm picking another two ships coming out of hyperspace, in opposite directions." One of the bridge officers pointed out. "Getting an IDC from the closer one now; it's the Enterprise. Can't confirm anything with the other one, but these readings would suggest another enemy ship of the same class."

Avalon

"Then let's get to it." Kalla replied. She then approached Caelos and asked, "How soon can we speak with the Lord of the Tribes?"

"A shadow."

Varith moved away from Tavaryn, leaving his back open to attack. If my opponet is a jedi I doubt he will attack me...but just in case...

Varith gathered the force around him and prepared to fire a barrage of force lightning at him should he attack.

"Tell me...if I were to leave this ship and hunt the force sensatives aboard the enemy ship...would you let me go? I doubt you and I will be able to finish our battle with the damage this ship is taking. So tell me...Would you pursue me?"

"Jedi Haltra, I'm picking another two ships coming out of hyperspace, in opposite directions. Getting an IDC from the closer one now; it's the Enterprise. Can't confirm anything with the other one, but these readings would suggest another enemy ship of the same class."

Alriana listened over the comnlink and shook her head. The Ackbar was one of the strongest ships in the fleet and it was still taking quite a bit of damage, she doubted the Enterprise would stand a chance against two of the enemy ships. She didn't have any idea of what shape the enemy ship was in.

It looks like it's time. Admiral Belina said to use this comn channel only in the event of an emergency. If this doesn't count as an emergency I don't know what does.

She keyed her comnlink to a different frequency and spoke the words that Admiral Belina had taught her. "This is the Ackbar. Emergency code 9-4-7 Red."

A man's voice responded. "Katarn acknowledges. Emergency code 9-4-7 Red has been recieved. Stand by."

"He will see you now," Caelos replied after he had sought audience with the aide to the leader. "Follow me."

He led them through the village ignoring the curious stares that the people were giving. He believed that few ever saw offworlders like his companions before and they were even more curious as to why a water lord and a Bushida warrior were traveling with them. He led them to a hut and instructed them, "Bow and never look him in the face."

"Welcome Jedi. I assume that trouble has occurred on our beloved world?"

Tavaryn watched the enemy back away slowly. He could sense doubt. Common reaction when warriors were confronted by Shinigami for those that knew what they did. It could work to his advantage but he knew that he must stop this enemy on all accounts.

"Tell me...if I were to leave this ship and hunt the force sensatives aboard the enemy ship...would you let me go? I doubt you and I will be able to finish our battle with the damage this ship is taking. So tell me...Would you pursue me?"

Tavaryn had sensed the lightning being gathered and had moved to reappear behind Varith. He replied, "I repeat, I will not let you kill anymore." He then gave a powerful strike with the butt end of his sword hand to knock Varith askew a bit.

Selene opened a channel to her ships that followed her in, "Launch fighters and engage the enemy vessel. Protect teh Ackbar."

She then opened a channel to the Ackbar and said, "Ackbar, this is Selene Ordo, Leader of the Clans. We are here to help. Status report."

"I repeat, I will not let you kill anymore."

Varith's force lightning vanished as the sword slammed into him. He was sent back a few steps before turning to Tavaryn and smiling brightly.

"A shame. I have no desire to kill an opponet such as you. A foe like you comes along once in a lifetime but it appears you leave me no choice."

Varith opened himself to the force and let it empower him. "I turned from the jedi when they refused to allow me to return home. As a result of their action, I lost the love of my life. I vowed on the day that I walked through the charred remains of our home that any and all Jedi would pay."

Varith ran at Tavaryn at incredible speed and then jumped into the air before bringing his lightsaber down on Tavaryn's sword, he then unleashed another barrage of force lightning at him.

"Ackbar, this is Selene Ordo, Leader of the Clans. We are here to help. Status report."

One of the remaining bridge officers on the bridge answered the call. "This is science officer Koral. The shields are down to seven percent, most of our weapons are still online but the targeting sensors are heavily damaged and are not giving accurate readings. Hull integrity is down to twenty seven percent. Jedi Haltra was in command but she had left to deal with a situation on the med deck."

Andorra bowed as she had been instructed, being almost too careful to keep her eyes toward the ground. "Avalon is being attacked," she said gravely. "I don't know why, or by whom. I assume it's the Sith, who have hounded us relentlessly ever since..." She shook her head, her golden hair dangling low and almost touching the earth below. "If it's not the Sith, I can't imagine who else would be foolish or insane enough to strike an entire planet. We need your help...great one...and the more time we lose, the more desperately we're going to require it." She rose up and almost looked him in the eye--

--but then remembered her place, and almost fell flat on her face!

Lord Tristan had to suppress a laugh at the girl's sudden correction. His grand niece had said she was an intelligent girl and willing to do the right thing. He stood up from his seat and slid his fingers under Andorra's chin and beckoned her to look at him. He guided her to her feet and replied, "Your mother has taught you well." He then smiled and released her.

"Rise," he said to the others, " I know this is not the first time our world has been attacked by the Sith. We have called them Rashikians. We will help but first I need information about Republic forces. Perhaps you would know," he addressed Kalla but was including the others.

Selene nodded and replied, "Koral, I am sending ships and fighters to your position. Is there a place where I can board? I assume that the enemy has boarded?"

The signal was sent and the fighters of Belos were already moving into position, firing upon the enemy vessel.

((Just adding this in to help Alkonium out))

Tiye was holding maneuvers with the clans on Amshrey when an aide came through and said, "Milady we are receiving a comm signal from a small vessel. Republic."

Tiye nodded and pressed a button on her wrist gauntlet to signal the end of the exercise. She went up to the console and called, "Unidentified Republic vessel, state your business."

"I turned from the jedi when they refused to allow me to return home. As a result of their action, I lost the love of my life. I vowed on the day that I walked through the charred remains of our home that any and all Jedi would pay."

"So you blame the Jedi. Such a pity you don't hold your own actions responsible," Tavaryn replied.

He was unprepared however for the sudden burst of speed that Varith gave and it left his defenses open for the lightning to get through. He felt his body flying through the air as it hit a bulkhead hard enough for him to hear the sickening crack of his ribs. It was nothing compared to the burning sensation that was coursing throughout his body. For a brief moment, he wished that he could see her again.

I wish you were here Alriana. His thoughts echoed through the Force.

He grimaced in pain on the ground and tried to right himself so he would be able to stand. He could not let this dark one continue his campaign against the Jedi. A Shinigami protected the Jedi and he would protect her even though she was far away.

"Koral, I am sending ships and fighters to your position. Is there a place where I can board? I assume that the enemy has boarded?"

Koral nodded even though Ordo couldn't see him. "We do have enemy troops aboard, we do have them contained but they're stepping up their efforts to break through. As for where you may land...the port fighter bay has been destroyed but the starboard one is still intact."

A message came in over the console and Koral's eyes widened in fear. "It seems we also have a dark jedi aboard. A powerful one if Jedi Haltra is correct."

"So you blame the Jedi. Such a pity you don't hold your own actions responsible,"

Varith shook his head. "I blamed myself for a long time after she died...in fact I still do...but the jedi were the ones who kept from heading back home. If I had gone back home I could have gotten rid of those pirates sooner."

He looked down at Tavaryn and smiled grimly. "I will not kill you. A worthy foe like you comes along once in a great while."

I wish you were here Alriana.

Alriana paused for a moment in horror as she felt Tavaryn's pain through the force. No...I lost everyone from my era...I won't lose Tavaryn!

She continued running and arrived just in time to see Tavaryn slammed into the wall by a barrage of force lightning.

"Leave him alone!" She shouted as she force jumped through the air and brought her lightsaber down against Varith. Varith turned around in suprise and barely managed to bring his lightsaber around to block her strike. He mentally cursed himself, he had been too busy dealing with Tavaryn and had lost track of Alriana.

"I will not allow you to harm Tavaryn!" She shouted as she force jumped backward and unleashed a massive force push against Varith that sent him flying against the wall. Varith tried to move...but he was pinned against the wall by Alriana's force push. He mentally cursed himself again. He hadn't been ready for the enraged jedi.

"Tavaryn...Are you alright?" She asked quietly as she continued holding Varith against the wall. Varith was getting hard to hold as she continued struggling against her force push. Sweat was pouring down her forhead.

Mando'a, Amshrey

"This is Jedi Master Komad Kaltas on the Republic freighter Silver Eagle. We request urgent assistance. Avalon is under attack. Two unidentified warships have come out of hyperspace and attacked the capital. The Ackbar and the Enterprise have engaged them, but their chances don't look good so far." Komad explained.

Avalon

"There are currently no Republic Guardsmen stationed on Avalon, but there are an unknown number Echelon 5 operatives here. There may be Republic ships in orbit, but there's no way to tell from here." Kalla explained.

RSS Enterprise

"Concentrate your fire on the first of those ships. It has to have sustained a considerable amount of damage by now." Captain Varon instructed.

"Sir, the second ship is targeting us with its beam weapon." Lieutenant Arnas pointed out.

"All auxiliary power to the forward shields!" Varon added.

Even at maximum power, the Enterprise's shields were barely able to withstand the attack.

"I think I've got something, sir." One of the science officers added. "According these readings, their shields took a massive drain when they fired the weapon. They're back at full now, but we should be able to exploit it the next time they fire."

"Very good. Launch all fighters, and transmit that data to the Ackbar." Varon replied.

"Understood. Transmitting now."

"Meh Jedi," Selene muttered aware that she could be heard over the comm. "Roger that. We will board there."

To the pilot she directed, "Head to the starboard side. We have a battle to fight."

"I blamed myself for a long time after she died...in fact I still do...but the jedi were the ones who kept from heading back home. If I had gone back home I could have gotten rid of those pirates sooner."

"Yet you are still blaming the Jedi," Tavaryn pointed out. "You say they prevented you from returning. How could staying at the Temple be prevention?"

Tavaryn grimaced a bit as he pushed himself up. He continued, "You call me a worthy foe and yet not kill me. That tells me you still have some humanity within you." He stared, his eyes full of pain but with a serene gaze of one who accepted his fate.

He was completely surprised to see a flash of green and a blur hurl through the air towards Varith. His eyes opened in shock as he recognized who it was. He whispered, "Alriana."

He watched as she force pushed Varith into the wall and began to hold him there. He could sense her rage and fear even though she asked quietly if he was alright. He replied equally soft, "I am fine," and stood up leaning against the wall. After everything, he still had managed to hold onto his weapons. He put his lightsaber back on his belt and held his blade in his good hand.

Do not be angry Alriana. If you or I kill him in anger, we would be no better than he is. He appealed to her through that connection they made back on Geonosis. It hadn't gone away even though he never attempted to contact her that way and he was glad. He had a hard time putting into words the emotions he felt seeing her again.

Tiye recognized the name of the Jedi Master and replied, "We will respond. If you had someone reach Selene Ordo on Belos, they would have launched by now. Call your Republic forces and have them land on Avalon. They will need ground troops."

"Republic Guardsmen would have no business here except at the embassy in Tyan-yu," Lord Tristan replied, "However this Echleon 5 I am not familiar with. Perhaps they have an existence similar to the shadow forces of my people?"

To save confusion, Tonatius replied, "Yes milord."

Lord Tristan thought a moment and then said to someone off in the shadows, "Sound the call. We will meet this enemy on the Plains of Jasilyn. They will have to come through there to get to the Academy hidden in the mountains." To the group he said, "You are welcome to stay here. The Starlighter family and their friends are always welcome." To Andorra he said, "See Ziva for some clothes, otherwise your mother will have my head later." He gave her a gentle smile.

Do not be angry Alriana. If you or I kill him in anger, we would be no better than he is.

Alriana looked back at Tavaryn and then back at Varith who was trying as hard as he could to break Alriana's force push. He began to gather the force around him and then released it in a massive force wave that sent Alriana and Tavaryn flying against the wall.

He dropped down to his knees on the floor and quickly got back to his feet. "I salute you. You are among the first to pose a threat to me. The next time we meet...you will not survive."

Varith began to use his force-run and quickly ran down the corridor towards the starboard hanger bay where his ship was docked. He paused and looked back and for a moment, remembered his days as a jedi. he then shook his head. Those days were long gone.

Alriana slowly got to her feet and limped over to Tavaryn. "Are you alright Tavaryn?"

Ackbar

"Roger that. We will board there."

Koral's attention was redirected as information came in on the science station. The worried expression on his face vanished as data came in from the Enterprise.

Finally! A weakness!

He turned to the surviving members of the bridge crew and turned toward the chiss officer who had taken over Alriana's station.

"Turn the Ackbar's bow so we're facing the first ship. It should have sustained more damage. Fire forward turbolasers!""

Four turbolaser blats shot out from the Ackbar and impacted against the shields of the enemy ship.

"Yes, milord," Andorra replied humbly, trying not to let Lord Tristan see the blush that was starting to form on her cheeks. It was embarrassing enough that she had almost forgotten decorum and looked at him directly, but that he also noticed she was still in her underclothes--! The chagrin was almost too much for her to bear. Nevertheless, the Avalonian noblewoman gathered up whatever dignity she had left and followed Ziva into more private quarters.

"I'm deeply sorry if I offended anyone," she told Ziva, who offered her a plain yet-not-unbecoming pantsuit. It would be good battle attire. "I'm just--overwhelmed right now. I never expected to be caught in the middle of a siege on my wedding day." She tried not to let a tear fall from her eye.

Ziva smiled at the young woman and replied, "No embarassment. If you had listened, Lord Tristan had pride in you. Your mother is his niece and she shared much about you."

Ziva handed over the pants and tunic and then reached for a pair of boots, the kind the warriors wore as well as a belt. She added, "Lord Tristan finds that you bring honor to your family. As for what has happened, terrible. A day of happiness marred by battle. Such was it for the Guardian." She then snapped out of her reverie and asked, "Do these suit you?"

"I salute you. You are among the first to pose a threat to me. The next time we meet...you will not survive."

Tavaryn managed to reply through gritted teeth, "The next time, you and I will end this. You will know that a shadow can bite."

He watched as Varith made a hasty exit before letting out a tired sigh and began assessing his injuries. He looked at his left shoulder where it was still bleeding but it had slowed. He touched a hand to his head and felt the stickiness of blood. I am a mess alright. He stood up slowly wincing from the numerous bruises that were probably all over his body and the cracked ribs. He could still feel the burning from the lightning and briefly wondered if Doc was going to knock him out and stick him in a bacta tank.

"Are you alright Tavaryn?"

He heard her voice and looked up from his injuries to see her. She had hardly changed since they separated. He looked at her, afraid to say anything out of a childish fear that she would disappear forever. Still he knew better than to keep her waiting so he slowly and gently said the first thing that came to mind, "Is it really you Alriana?"

RSS Enterprise

"Captain, the first ship is about to fire its beam weapon at us." Lt. Arnas pointed out.

"Separate your fire into two points: that beam weapon, and the shield generator." Captain Varon instructed.

The gambit was risky, but they had little choice.

"The enemy ship has sustained heavy damage, and our combined firepower has taken out their shields." Lt. Arnas explained.

"Excellent work." Varon replied, but they had little time to celebrate.

"Oh no. Our shields have failed, and that beam will rip through us in a matter of seconds. There's nothing we can do." Lt. Arnas pointed out.

The beam then cut straight through the command tower, followed by engine room, detonating the ship's fuel, and triggering a catastrophic rupture in the hyperdrive.

Avalon

"It's hardly what I expected my wedding to be like either." Lenatha commented. "I'm Andorra's wife, Lenatha, and while my dress made it here mostly unscathed, it's hardly appropriate for battle."

Andorra smiled at her new bride, giggling a little. "Indeed," she said. "The Sith are going to tear right through that silk sheath of yours if you're not careful." To Ziva she bowed and said, "These will do more than well when I'm fighting. Lightweight, comfortable, and most importantly, allowing for complete freedom of movement--unlike my corset earlier." She snorted ruefully. "Why did I even wear that thing, anyway? The only one that I wanted to impress with my carefully-confined hourglass figure was you, Lena." With a sniffle, Andorra straightened herself up. "Well! I guess all the impressions will have to be made on the battlefield now." A convulsive chill ran down her spine.

"Lena...do you think it's possible to be reborn, and die, on the same day?"

"Is it really you Alriana?"

Alriana smiled at Tavaryn as she extended her hand to him so that he could get back up on his feet. "It's me. I've been working on the Ackbar's bridge for quite a while. Admiral Belina has me working as a security/tactical officer."

Bridge of the Ackbar

Science officer Koral cursed angerly as the beam ripped through the Enterprise's bridge and continued on through until the ship's fuel detonated. "We've lost the Enterprise and I doubt we can take on two of these ships on our own."

A proximity alarm sounded and Koral slapped his head. Knowing his luck it would be another enemy ship. He closed his eyes and waited for the end.

And waited.

He slowly opened his eyes just in time to see a massive ship place itself between the incoming weapons fire and the Ackbar.

What the...? It's the Katarn!

Koral heard shouts and he sighed in relief as a message came in over all frequencies so he supposed the enemy ships would hear the message as well.

"This is Captain Viren of the Republic star crusier Katarn. Unknown vessels: You will cease your attacks and leave the system or you will be destroyed. Rest assured, we do have the capability to destroy you."

The Katarn targeted the first damaged ship and began firing all of it's weapons at the enemy ship even as it launched all of it's fighters which targeted the second enemy ship.

Sith Warship

"My lord, the Republic ship is sending us a message." One of the bridge officers commented.

"Ignore it, and open a channel to the Oblivion." Darth Pestilus instructed.

"Yes, my lord." The communications officer replied.

"This is Darth Inferna, commanding the Oblivion. What is your command, Lord Pestilus?" Lady Inferna asked.

"Cloak your ship, and jump to hyperspace. Our warriors on the ground will finish the job here." Darth Pestilus explained.

"Yes, master." Darth Inferna replied.

As far as the Republic forces could tell, the two attacking ships simply vanished without a trace, without so much as a hyperspace trail to follow.

Avalon

"You don't need to wear some archaic death-trap to impress me, and let's try not to find out." Lenatha replied, getting to changing out of her wedding dress and into something more practical.

"If we're going to figure out for sure who's behind this attack, we'll need to take some of them alive." Jareth pointed out.

"I wasn't expecting mercy from you." Kalla commented.

"Hardly. They deserve none, and I'll show no more than necessary. Once we've made them talk, we won't need them." Jareth clarified.

"More and more I see why Iyav left you." Kalla then muttered under her breath, and that was apparently enough to Jareth over the edge. He then grabbed her by the shoulder of her robe, and pointed his blaster right at her head.

"He's no saint either, but enough about my ex-husband, unless he decides to show his face here, got that?" He asked, looking like he was ready to pull the trigger.

"Got it. And if you ever threaten me again, it won't end well for you either." Kalla answered, making it clear that she had her lightsaber aimed right at his gut. After that, the two of them withdrew their respective weapons, and at least tried to act civil.

Ziva smiled as she retrieved another set of warrior clothing for Lenatha. She answered Andorra, "It is possible. The Guardian died and was born on the same day."

It was bad enough that Avalon was going to be chaos for awhile. It was worse being around this Echleon 5 member and it annoyed Tonatius to no end. He glanced at his brother who was lounging around and looking bored while the warriors were preparing for battle. He looked back at Kalla who was talking with Jareth. When he saw Jareth pull his blaster on Kalla, he was over there in less than a blink of an eye.

It was pure instinct and training as Tonatius positioned his body to deliver a deadly strike. His open palm was upturned and near Jareth's neck, his nail applying pressure. He knew Kalla could defend herself but he didn't take kindly to anyone trying to harm her. He kept a hard glance at Jareth until they both released their weapons. He then lowered his hand, glaring at Jareth. He muttered something in Avalonian and turned to Kalla. He whispered, "Must we tolerate his presence longer?"

Haruka gazed out of the window next to the captain. He had been the security officer on board the Katarn for some time now. It wasn't like his old job but he did admit he liked it. Plus it put him in regular contact with Tavaryn, who recommended him for the job. He checked his console since he was scanning the vessel. Out loud he said, "Captain direct hit on damaged enemy vessel. Reading hull fluctuations in integrity."

Selene noticed a ship leaving the starboard docking bay on the Ackbar. She commed to her second in command, "Chaser, target that vessel."

"Roger that."

She focused on her pilot docking with the Ackbar. Once the ship was set down, she said, "Alright men, move out. Shoot anything that is the enemy. Watch crossfire." She then hefted her heavy blaster rifle and charged down the ramp.

Tavaryn was still reeling form actually seeing Alriana in front of him that he hardly heard that she had been serving Belina for the last two years. He accepted her hand up to steady himself. After releasing her hand he stared at her intently, his eyes softening. Slowly he reached with his hand to tentaively touch her, almost pulling back in fear. He managed to gently rake his fingers through her hair, feeling the tendrils. He gave a small smile and said, "Two years and we were both on the same ship. It is good to see you again moi chroi."

"Two years and we were both on the same ship. It is good to see you again moi chroi."

Alriana chuckled slightly. "Two years indeed. You think that we would have seen each other somewhere on this ship before now." She looked down the corridor that led to the hanger that Varith had fled down.

"I think that we get you to the bridge. the Ackbar has been heavily damaged and we could use some more help since most of the bridge crew is injured from what I heard."

Varith's ship managed to blast through the starboard hanger and was immediatly attacked by republic fighters. His ship was attempting to head for an open area so that he could calculate a hyperspace jump and then try and find the enemy ships that had been attacking the planet earlier.

Tavaryn was still staring at her, afraid that if he looked away, she would be gone. He knew that fear was something to guard against as far as the Jedi were concerned. He continued to play with her hair until he ran his finger down a lock and released it. He sighed. Duty came first.

He slowly bent over to pick up his sword and sheathed it, feeling suddenly tired for no reason. he led his sword in his left hand even though it pained him to do so and reached out to touch Alriana's face but in mid air, changed direction and gingerly kneeled down to where her sore ankle was a gently touched it. He muttered something in Avalonian and a healing calm came over the injured ankle, relieving the pain and repairing the injury. The breeze played with his locks as he finished healing. He then stood up trying not to grimace and said, "I think you can walk now moi chroi. Shall we?" He held out a hand to her.

"I think you can walk now moi chroi. Shall we?"

Alriana took his offered hand and smiled at him. "It's good to see you again Tavaryn." She said as they began walking toward the corridor that would take them to the bridge. "I guess that we can thank Admiral Belina for stationing us on the same ship."

A sudden blaster shot echoed through the corridors and Alriana heard the sound of men shouting and the sound of more blaster fire.

"I think before we do anything we should get rid of the last of the enemy troops on this level."

Ackbar bridge.

Science officer Koral sighed in relief as the two enemy ships vanished. Normally, he would like to finish the fight to the end but these ships were dangerous. The next time he faced them he would rather have a few of the republic's best ships with him."

"Send a message down to the planet as ask if they need help. And while your doing that find out what happened to Admiral Belina and Admiral Garja. We need to find out what happened to them.

Archived