Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

"I guess that we can thank Admiral Belina for stationing us on the same ship."

Tavaryn smiled a crooked smile and replied, "I gues your Jedi Force works in mysterious ways. Belina asked me to be a training instructor. I had no idea it would be on the same ship as you." He paused for a moment, not sure if he should put his feelings completely at her mercy. He then continued, "Though I am glad of it. I oftened wondered if you were happy."

At the sound of blaster fire, he jerked his head up. He listened to the men shouting and thought he heard a familiar voice. A mild explosion sounded and debris flew across the junction in front of them and two Sith flew through the air and landed, dead as a post. They were followed by a woman with shoulder length iron grey hair and eyes to match wearing armour and toting a rifle that looked too big for her. She spat at the fallen Sith, "Hah. Take that Sith scum. You'll never beat a Mandalorian!"

Tavaryn relaxed and began to laugh. The woman looked in his direction and grinned. "Glad to see that you're enjoying the show Shinigami."

"Selene Ordo, I never thought I'd see you on the battlefield again." Tavaryn gently released Alriana's hand and held his own to have it gripped in a strong warrior grasp that nearly jerked him off his feet.

"I could say the same to you. I see you've started in on the fun without me." Selene grinned as she released him. She looked at the Jedi next to him and extended her own, "Selene Ordo, Leader of the Clans."

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Though I am glad of it. I oftened wondered if you were happy."

Alriana grinned at him. "Actually, I was happy. Being a bridge officer had it's perks like my own cabin and I was allowed to boss some of the junior officers around."

She turned at the sound of an explosion and watched as two dead sith were sent flying into the room followed by a woman wearing armour. Alriana had to admit, the woman knew how to make an entrance.

"Selene Ordo, Leader of the Clans."

Alriana extended her hand. "Alriana Haltra, Jedi Knight of the old republic and security officer of the Ackbar." Alriana smiled at Ordo. "I met a few mandalorians during Palpatine's purge of the jedi. It's good to see that the mandalorians survived."

Avalon

"Hopefully not." Kalla replied.

"I'm not exactly fond of working with Jedi either." Jareth commented.

"And the sooner we're ready to fight, the sooner we can break off this uneasy alliance." Kalla added. "We have work to do."

"You can say that again," Taryn decided to make his entrance. He had watched his twin move and was pleased that his brother still had a temper despite the gentlemanly conduct he insisted upon wearing. He was also impressed that his brother had mastered shunpo.

After that little brush off with Jareth, he decided to intervene. He then said, "Well brother I guess we should practice our technique. Maybe teach Cousin a thing or two. You're welcome to watch Kaltas." He then dragged his brother out by the arm without ceremony, stopped by by Andorra and Lenatha and dragged his cousin with his free hand and dragged them out to the Chinooka river.

Tonatius managed to shake off his brother roughly, "What gives?"

"Listen big brother, I know that you were pissed that someone threatened your girl and hell you were ready to jump ship and pummel the guy."

"Yeah well if you had someone you cared about in trouble, you'd do anything too." Tonatius crossed his arms across his chest as if trying to restrainhimself from attacking his twin.

"Look save it for the enemy. Right now we need to teach cousin here the basics of water bending. You have more patience than I," Taryn pointed out.

Tonatius looked at Andorra who looked shocked at what just happened and said, "Alright. Sorry about that cousin. Now if you are okay with it, Taryn and I can teach you what almost every member of the family knows. That okay?"

Tiye had managed to get the other clansmen as well as the Belosian warriors together and onto a major vessel. It was equiped with dropships that would unload them on the planet's surface. She commed, "Jedi Kaltas, we are prepared for take off. Inform the Lady Governor we are on our way."

The ship the Chaser was pursuing the enemy vessel with a vengeance. It was trying to disarm the ship for tow in and kept missing. The pilot thought This guy ios good. The men in the laser turrets were having trouble leading the target until one managed to lock on and fired in a rapid succession.

"Clan Ordo will always live on," Selene replied with a grin. She looked at Tavaryn and said, "Pretty smart Jedi, Shinigami. Just your type." She then gave him a hard elbow that sent a shock of pain through his ribs.

Tavaryn hoped that the blushing was covered up by his grunt as Selene elbowed him. She was always a blunt one and could see through things oftentimes better than a Jedi. He replied, "I see you haven't lost your touch," and rubbed where she hit him trying to ease the pain.

"We train and live for battle. Besides we couldn't just sit around and let our sovereign system be attacked. Now you two run along. My men and I will mop up the rest." Selene hefted her blaster rifle and gave a curt nod. Then she shouted, "Come on men! We still have a battle to win!"

She then took off down the corridors followed closely by her men. They disappeared around a corner and more blaster fire sounded. Tavaryn was still rubbing his chest and shaking his head in an amused fashion. "Some things never change." He then looked at Alriana and said, "Glad that you had a chance to boss some junior officers around. I was more or less a bully and that's in part to Selene." He then took Alriana's hand and tugged it gently to beckon her to follow. They might as well get to the bridge if nothing else.

"Glad that you had a chance to boss some junior officers around. I was more or less a bully and that's in part to Selene."

Alriana turned to look at the last of the Mandalorians as they ran around the corner and she shook her head. Mandalorians loved battle, somethings never changed.

She then looked at Tavaryn as he took her hand and she blushed slightly. "I suggest we get to the bridge. If the bridge is to badly damaged then Admiral Belina will have my hide."

Varith's fighter rocked as a series of laser bolts managed to punch through his shields and hit the ship directly just as Varith managed to punch in a series of coordiantes that would hopefully get him out of the battle area.

The hyperdrive computer went dead just as he was about to hit the controls that would get him out of here.

It appears I have no choice. I only hope I don't end up dead.

Varith brought his hand down on the control and his ship instantly came about and flew over the pursuing ship while firing three proton torpedoes at it's hull, enough to totally destroy it if they hit it.

I just need time to point the ship and then I can make a blind hyperspace micro-jump.

"No she wouldn't," Tavaryn countered, trying to ignore the blush for Alriana's sake. "Belina is fair and knows war. She trusted you to be in command in her absence. She knows that you would make the best possible choice."

They had reached the turbolift and Tavaryn opened it. Giving the lift it's directions, he let out the breath he was holding and leaned against the wall of the lift. Taking deep breaths hurt a little too much with what he was sure was cracked and nearly fried insides. He smiled to alleviate any concern Alriana would have and said, "I guess I'll be hiding from the CMO for the rest of this trip," making light of the fact that he would do anything to stay away from a bacta tank.

The Chaser rocked as it took one of three hits. The captain of the vessel asked for the report. The pilot said, "Three proton torpedoes, one direct hit. Shields down to 60% and structural integrity is holding. Minor fluctuations in the power grid."

"Weapons?"

"Still functional sir," came over the comm.

The captain then said, "Tactical, prepare to fire. Take the shots you can. Helm you will execute the Omega maneuver."

The pilot looked at the captain and grinned, "Yes sir."

Today may be a good day to die.

The Chaser did and about face and headed straight towards the vessel at a manaical speed. The turbolasers locked on and were firing. The ship was not going to stop from the looks of it.

(Who exactly is the Chaser pursuing?)

Silver Eagle

"Understood. Kaltas out." Komad replied, opening a channel with Avalon, assuming communications hadn't been compromised in the attack. "This is Jedi Master Komad Kaltas. I've just received word from Amshrey. Reinforcements are en route."

Avalon

As soon as she was dressed again, Lenatha joined the group outside, having always wondered what "Water Bending" entailed, especially if didn't require strength in the Force, something they all knew Andorra lacked.

((The chaser is pursuing Varith))

Lady Governor Padme Lilah Starlighter listened to the signal that somehow managed to get through all the interference. She had sent her daughter with her niece to the Takeshi Forest to appeal to Lord Tristan. They would be able to beat this. She informed Belina, "Admiral, we are getting reinforcements. We should fall back to the keep at Stone Bend."

The Avalonian warriors who had not been killed in the bombardment were fighting the Sith enemy with as much ferocity as a Mandalorian.

Tiye directed her ships to move out. She could only hope that they were not too late. Then again, the tribesman would give the enemy hell.

"Please do," Andorra said quickly. "The heat of battle might not be the best time to conduct training, but I know I need it. Also, as much as I hate to admit this, I still remember some of the moves from the skorost' fighting technique that I employed as Andirrul. If I use that, the Sith won't know what hit them, but I'd rather do so as a last resort than as a first choice."

"In case you haven't noticed cousin, we are not exactly in battle. Lord Tristan knows when best to strike," Taryn replied as he pulled off his boots and jumped calf deep into the freezing water.

He was drenched however by a wave of water that crashed on top of him. He turned to glare at his older twin who was smirking at him. "Very mature Big Brother," he growled.

"Consider it payback lil brother," Tonatius replied still grinning. He turned to Andorra and noticed the expression on her face. He said, "Don't worry Cousin. It takes years of practice to utilize that move with minimal movement. What you are going to learn is the basics and you'll find that you may know more than you think. All it really entails is being able to chanel your sentou within. You with me so far?

"I think so," Andorra said, "but sometimes it's hard for me to concentrate. Especially when I don't know if the Sith are going to spring some sort of pre-emptive attack on us." Her eyes were still moist, and her hair disheveled. "I'm going to try my best to learn whatever you have to teach me. Let's begin..."

Tonatius nodded. "Don't think about the attack. Right now it is only us." He noticed Lenatha approaching and motioned her to have a seat on the bank. He took his own boots off and waded into the river to his calves. He shook his head in an amused way as he watched his brother playing with the water, bending it like a ribbon flying in the wind. He said to Andorra, "Take your boots off and wade into the river until you are waist deep. The only reason Taryn and I are not in as deep is because this lesson is to help you understand the movement of water."

"That and beginners need all the help they can get. So the deeper the better," Taryn drawled as he continued to bend the water, moving his hands and body as if he were in a complicated dance.

"I guess I'll be hiding from the CMO for the rest of this trip,"

"I don't blame you. I've had a few encounters with the bacta-tank on the Ackbarsince I've come onboard and to be honest it smells a bit off...even for a bacta tank." Alriana replied as the turbolift took them closer to the bridge.

"I hope the bridge crew is alright." Alriana said quietly. "That ship we were fighting had weapons I've never seen before and they were targeting the bridge."

Varith sighed and watched as the enemy fighter came closer and closer at high speeds while firing it's turbolasers. For the first time in a long time he was uncertain as to what to do about the ship racing towards him.

With only a few seconds left he did the only thing he could think of. He targeted the area in front of the ship and hit the area it would be traveling through with everything he could fire.

Tavaryn chuckled. "The last time we talked about bacta, I was in a similar situation," he glanced at his left shoulder, "Except in this case I ended up with a hole from a sniper rifle and deep fried insides." He gave a short laugh as he rested against the wall. He found out in the past two years that humor was a good stress reliever.

"I hope the bridge crew is alright." Alriana said quietly. "That ship we were fighting had weapons I've never seen before and they were targeting the bridge."

Tavaryn thought a moment and said, "Well take out the bridge and you can take out the ship." He then had a moment of panic as he realized that if Alriana had been on the bridge and it were destroyed, then she would have died too. The thought of it sent a spasm across his chest. At the moment, he was glad that leaning against the wall hid it or he could attribute it to his injuries. It seemed forever until they reached the bridge level.

When the door opened, Tavaryn stepped out first. He had strapped his sword to his belt and was carrying his lightsaber in his hand. He looked around to make sure that there were no enemies about before motioning that it was okay to come out. He cleared the way to the bridge door and tapped on it. He said, "Looks like it's been sealed. I suppose you have the codes to bypass lockdown?"

The Chaser continued on its course even though the barrage of firepower was coming at them. The captain stood on his bridge looking and said, "Release the torpedo."

The order was given and the tactical officer pressed a button. If anything, it would give the enemy considerable damage and it was locked on. Nothing would deter it.

The Chaser hurtled toward the enemy fire as it released its final weapon. The sun would set upon the Chaser but it will give one helluva last stand.

"Looks like it's been sealed. I suppose you have the codes to bypass lockdown?"

Alriana moved past Tavaryn and nodded. "Since I've been on board the Admiral has changed the code twice at my request." She entered the code and the bridge doors slid open and Alriana quickly rushed in.

The bridge was a mess, but at least it was still there.

"Hello? Is anyone still alive up here?"

A half dozen heads popped up and then science officer Koral and the others sighed in relief. "Jedi Haltra! We assumed that you were dead! I'm glad to see I was mistaken."

He then looked over at Tavaryn and then looked back at Alriana. "Excuse me Jedi Haltra, but may I ask who your friend is? I don't think I've seen him before."

Varith's tactical computer started beeping showing that the enemy ship had gotten a lock on him. He knew that he would most likely have to draw on the force to help him out of this because whoever this pilot was, he was good.

Releasing spare parts...now!

Varith's fighter shot upward just as the torpedo soared toward him and it left a trail of spare parts in it's wake. hopefully it would be enough to confuse the torpedo and allow him to get away.

Andorra waded into the cool, flowing water, only caring a fraction of a bit that her new battle clothes were getting soaked. I'm a warrior, she reminded herself, and not just some pampered princess that faints all the time. That was then, but this is now, and I only fainted because of that stupid corset! She steeled herself against the current and tilted her head towards Taryn and Tonatius. "All right--what's the first thing I need to know?" Out of the corner of her eye, she saw distant figures moving up ahead...

Tavaryn raised a brow. He was not surprised that he wasn't that well known. It was a big ship after all and he suspected that Belina may have hand picked which men she wanted trained under him. He answered, "Tavaryn Onashi, hand to hand combat and weaponsmaster. My understanding is that it is about the equivalent of a lieutenant." Then as if to reassure the officer he said, "Don't worry. I think few know I actually exist on board outside those who trained under me."

Just then Selene burst onto the bridge brandishing her weapon accompanied by a couple of Tavaryn's men and one other Mandalorian soldier. She looked around ready to shoot. Tavaryn had to make a leap to prevent the bridge crew from firing at them. "Whoa there! It's okay. Friendlies."

"Damn straight," Selene remarked as she removed her helmet. "Whew taking out Sith is my idea of fun."

Tavaryn gave a slight eye roll. He muttered to her under gritted teeth, "Couldn't you have been a little less enthusiastic?"

Selene looked at him and said loudy while giving him a pat that sent a pain spasm across his ribs, "This is battle mate. Besides, this was our last stop. The ship is all cleared of Sith. Just reporting in to your pretty Jedi friend. All clear Jedi Alriana, need any further assistance? Repair crew?"

Tonatius noticed the figures and said, "Relax. Tribesmen warming up. Ignore it and listen to my voice."

Taryn had moved so that he was in a good view in front of Andorra. She would have to watch him once she figured it out. Proper movement was important.

Tonatius nodded and continued, "Close your eyes. Free your mind. Listen to the water. Feel it splash over your skin. Let it speak to you, to your soul." He then became silent. This was something that she had to do with minimal distraction.

Despite herself, Andorra began to laugh. "I--I'm so sorry, Cousin! All that the water seems to be telling me right now is that I'm cold and wet, and shivering like it was the middle of winter! My underclothes are clinging to--!"

Then it hit her. Vortex was the first word that came to her mind, and then swirling. Pool. Current. She closed her eyes in the midst of the silence, and then another thought came. Andorra decided to voice it aloud:

"The current's too strong. How am I supposed to control the water with my mind? I don't have the ability to use the Force anymore. It got lost when I began to let go of Darth Virul and his possession. That was the exchange I had to make--my power for my life, and my humanity. The water speaks to me, but as a guide, not as something to be manipulated. What to do now?"

"Please Cousin, don't you remember lesson one about the Force? The Force is in all of us, though for some a barely measurable whisper," Taryn replied annoyed.

Tonatius held up his hand to forestall anything else Taryn might say. He said in the same gentle tones that sounded like water running down a brook, almost as if he were the water speaking to her, "It is not the Force that bends us youngling. Bending comes from within, deep in you soul. We are not manipulated, we are bended. Touch us and feel the current through your fingers move with it."

Taryn listened to the conversation with interest. He could hear water and converse with it in his mind but never was able to speak for it. He briefly wondered what it was like to speak for water but it was telling him to listen right now.

Tonatius continued to speak for water, trying to reach Andorra, "Water is powerful. It can wash away earth, put out fire, and even destroy iron. It is life and it is death."

"This is battle mate. Besides, this was our last stop. The ship is all cleared of Sith. Just reporting in to your pretty Jedi friend. All clear Jedi Alriana, need any further assistance? Repair crew?"

"I think we could use a repair crew to work on the hyperdrive and the weapons. After that the Ackbar is most likely going to be stuck in drydock for awhile while we repair the damage to the hull."

She turned toward the bridge crew and began to issue orders. "Now that those enemy ships are gone we can begin sending troops down to the planet to show the sith that we mean business." She activated the ship wide communications system and began speaking.

"Attention all troops! This is jedi Haltra. As of now Sith forces have landed on Avalon and are attempting to take the planet. All troops are to report to the landing craft and drive the sith forces away once you land. Once you are on the surface you are also ordered to locate Admirals Belina and Garja. That is all."

"Admiral, we are getting reinforcements. We should fall back to the keep at Stone Bend."

Belina motioned Garja over and then nodded. "By now, the Ackbar should be dispatching troops. As soon as I find my comnlink I'll instruct them to land at Stone Bend with your permission."

Governor Starlighter, nodded and tossed over a comlink to Belina. "You can use this." She then brandished her short sword and scanned the terrain. "There are more troops at the keep and I believe we will have help from Lord Tristan."

Caleos had watched the exchange between the two warriors and could tell that the Bushida warrior was clearly agitated that someone threatened his mate and would have probaly engaged in a fight to the death. He watched as the nobleman dragged out his family and thought it for the best since it was obvious that there would be a war within the ranks as well as with the enemy. He spoke up to Kalla, "Jedi Kaltas, we need to organize the check in point. The various commanders will come and let us know when they are ready. I could use your help."

"No problem," Selene replied as she keyed her comm. She barked something that was a mixture of Avalonian and Mandalorian. "Davin is the best we've got. He'll rigg up enough power to reach dry dock."

"Glad to hear of it," Tavaryn muttered as he sat on a console, trying to hide his bout with pain. Selene had a way of agitating things and he wondered often if she did it on purpose, as if she was making it her personal mission to make him tough.

"Sir, do you wish us to head down to the surface as well?" One of his men looked at him expectantly.

"How many are left Tariq?"

"Lost a few with the grenade on med deck. Some injuries, easily taken care of. We're ready to go on your say so sir," Tariq replied.

Tavaryn nodded, "Round everyone up including the juniors and meet me in the hangar bay...in about 30 minutes."

"Yes sir," Tariq replied with a salute and turned on his heel to leave in a rapid retreat.

Selene watched him leave and commented, "Either they are afraid of me or they are afraid of you Shinigami. Well I'm heading back to my ship and we'll drop onto the surface. Later."

Tavaryn gave a nod and breathed a sigh of relief. He gently rotated his sore arm trying to get the muscles working despite the shoulder wound. He said to Alriana, "No rest for the weary I guess." He gave a grin but his mind spoke volumes, Barely five minutes of conversation and off to battle again. The life of a warrior I guess.

Silver Eagle

"Governor Starlighter, we're en route to Avalon now. We should be rendezvousing with you in a few minutes." Iyav sent to the governor's office, which despite the damage sustained during the bombardment, still managed to maintain communications.

Avalon

Kalla watched with great interest as her boyfriend and his brother instructed Andorra in the ways of Water Bending. In the five years she'd known him, including two as his girlfriend, Tonatius had never explained much of it to her. She sat next to Lenatha, and said, "This should be interesting, I don't know much about it myself."

"Tonatius never explained it to you?" Lenatha asked.

"No. It must be a closely guarded family secret or something." Kalla replied.

Changing the subject, Lenatha asked, "I know you and Andorra were girlfriends before ... Virul. Do you ever wonder what would have been happened if things were different?"

"Sometimes, but then I remember that if I hadn't lost Andorra, Tonatius and I would still just be friends, and you wouldn't be the one who married her in the end." Kalla explained.

As Caelos approached, Kalla stated, "I'll see what I can do." She then followed Caelos back to the warroom. As leader of the "group", she figured she should be there.

(I'm surprised I managed to write all this while drunk!)

"There are more troops at the keep and I believe we will have help from Lord Tristan."

Belina was about to respond when her comnlink suddenly began to beep, letting her know that someone was trying to get ahold of her. She pulled the comnlink and answered it.

"Belina here."

"Admiral, this is Security officer Alriana aboard the Ackbar. I called to inform you of the situation up here. The Ackbar was attacked by sith warships and was boarded. With help from the Mandalorians we were able to clear the ship of them but the ship is badly damaged. I'm going say that the Ackbar will need to spend sometime at a shipyard to undergo repairs. I feel that I should also inform you that the Enterprise arrived and was able to figure out a weakness on the ships before being destroyed. Landing craft filled with troops are leaving the ship as we speak."

Belina cursed. She had toured the Enterprise once and had thought she had a great crew. One more tragedy that the Sith would pay for.

"Keep me updated and if those ships show up again destroy them at all costs."

"Understood Admiral."

"No rest for the weary I guess."

Alriana patted him on the back as soon as she finished speaking with Belina. "Don't worry, as soon as this battle is done I think the Admiral will let us have a bit of a break while the Ackbar is in drydock. At least thats what I've heard from some of the crew. They say that she knows when the crew needs a break."

Tavaryn knew she was being friendly but he knew he couldn't take much more back patting. He deftly caught her hand in a gentle grip and said in a teasing voice, "Hey easy on the slugging. I don't need any more bruises than necessary." He smiled to ease any sense of guilt she may have.

"Belina always had a fair sense of play. It's why I decided to serve on the Ackbar," he added. He hadn't let go of her hand and just held it. "If I didn't know any better I would have said that Belina's assigning both of us here was done on purpose."

((Did the Katarn arrive too?))

The space battle reminded Haruka of Geonosis even though that was a ground battle. Battle was battle he guessed. They were similar in that their forces were outnumbered yet their side had the will to finish what they started and succeed. He reported, "Captain enemy ships are heavily damaged. Should we send boarding parties to obtaiin surrender?"

Caelos directed Kalla briefly in what to do as each of the commanders reported in. They had been working silently for at least twenty minutes. Silence was rewarding but in this case it felt stifling with the tension that was going on. He decided to get to the root of it before it affected battle. "The one who rushed to defend you has a promise mark. Is it for you?"

Meanwhile Lord Tristan had assumed his battle gear and was supervising the katarn caravans for the artillery. He spotted the Echleon 5 trooper and beckoned him over. He asked, "So you are created for the Republic yet you don't take orders from them?"

Andorra let the water course through the spaces in the fingers of her right hand, feeling the current tug at them. Slowly, she reached down deeper into the flowing eddies and felt something...happen. The water, instead of making its way around and through her hand, began to bend around it until there was a crater-shaped hole around the tips of her fingers. She was amazed...

"Cousin!" she cried. "Look! I don't know what's happening, but something is--!"

Archived