Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

Ackbar

"Jedi Jun-la to Admiral Belina, we have the prisoner. You want us to proceed to the interrogation room?"

Belina looked up from a console that she was working on. "Bring him to the bridge, and extend my apologies to Xeran. Based on what I saw he is not a part of what happened earlier."

"Starting in on weapons systems. Any security clearances that may be a problem?"

"There shouldn't be. I believe I unlocked the weapons earlier so they should still be open. While your at it check the navigation systems as well."

Avalon

"Remember what I told you what moi chroi meant? It is another way and my way of saying that...that I love you,"

Alriana was slightly shocked when she felt Tavaryn's lips press against hers but she quickly found herself returning the kiss even as a bright light began filled the area.

"Um...are you alright moi chroi?"

Alriana slowly opened her eyes and saw that her lips were pressed against Tavaryn's. she smiled down at Tavaryn even as she slowly pulled her lips off of his.

"I am." She said quietly. Tavaryn...She sent through their link. I think I love you too. She thought as a feeling of pure joy spread through her body and into the link.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"There shouldn't be. I believe I unlocked the weapons earlier so they should still be open. While your at it check the navigation systems as well."

"Will do," and Andros began running the basics. He checked the main computer and it was more than halfway done with the scans. He reported, "Main computer 60% scanned. Nothing out of the ordinary so far."

The basics finished on the weapons, he started the more heavy duty programs on it while moving on to navigation. Something caught his eye and he said, "Admiral, I think I may have found something. Not sure what it is."

"Bring him to the bridge, and extend my apologies to Xeran. Based on what I saw he is not a part of what happened earlier."

"Copy that," Jun-la replied. She then directed the other security to form a perimeter. She took a hold of the Twi'lek and said, "You're coming with me. Xeran you cover. If he tries something, you can break an arm."

It was very un-Jedi like but they had no time for formalities. She directed the prisoner to head towards the lift to get to the bridge. They were almost to the bridge when the turbo lift suddenly stopped. Jun-la punched the button to get it to move but nothing happened. She looked at Xeran and then commed, "Bridge, is something wrong with teh turbolifts?"

"I am."

Tavaryn replied just as quietly, "Thank the Force."

I think I love you too.

When he heard her thoughts he looked at her and smiled and felt her joy. All that time he felt fearful of what her answer would be and could only guess at how she felt because of his hesitation. Now he felt freedom, relief and joy of his own. He let his own feelings of joy flow into the link. He sent, You are moi chroi. My heart.

Ryu then bellowed, having sensed its master was awake. Tavaryn gave a chuckle and said something to the wyvern and it responded by moving aside and letting Pradhes get through. Tavaryn then said, "You're going to have to tell me how you managed to get Ryu to let you past her. I can only imagine the ruckus she caused."

Murasaki had watched the whole thing and smiled. She said to Pradhes, "I guess this means you can get through now."

At that moment, Haruka jumped to his feet. He was glad the Shinigami was all right. He sent vis his comm, "Haruka to Katarn, the battle here is finished. Status on the escaping vessel?"

Ackbar

"Admiral, I think I may have found something. Not sure what it is."

"Let me take a look at it." Belina said as she walked over to where Andros was. She narrowed her eyes as she saw what it was. "That doesn't belong there. Do whatever it takes to get rid of it."

She was about to head back to the console she was working on when a message came through.

"Bridge, is something wrong with teh turbolifts?"

Belina looked over the at the turbolifts and nearly lost it when she saw that the lights above the turbolift were flashing red.

She looked over at Koral. "Koral! Get a repair team on the turbolifts! I want them back online as soon as possible!"

"Yes Admiral." Koral said as he ran off the bridge with a few engineers.

What next? Belina thought.

Xeran was watching the twi'lek carefully but he was making no sudden moves. "I think we're going to be stuck here for awhile." He said calmly.

Avalon

You are moi chroi. My heart.

As you are mine. She sent back.

"You're going to have to tell me how you managed to get Ryu to let you past her. I can only imagine the ruckus she caused."

"Oh...I think when she recognized me she didn't have a problem." Alriana said as she got to her feet.

Katarn

"Haruka to Katarn, the battle here is finished. Status on the escaping vessel?"

"They managed to take out our tractor beam. We're planning to launch fighters after the escaping vessel."

"That doesn't belong there. Do whatever it takes to get rid of it."

Andros gave a nod wisely saying nothing of the complications that could arise from removing an unfamiliar virus. Heavy artillery I guess. He pulled a cord out of his bag and attached it to the pad that was attached to the computer console. He began entering sequences and muttered, "Come on." It would be slow going.

It seemed to work but then his pad beeped and he checked it. His eyes opened and without intending to, he let out a curse, "Sithspit!"

Kage was amused at the attempt that the Republic ship was trying to capture his ship. He grinned maliciously. He pressed a button and the hatch opened, leaving something floating in space.

"Coordinates are set," Aiden replied.

"Punch it."

The familiar streaks of hyperspace appeared and the ship disappeared. They were heading back to his master to report on the attack.

"They managed to take out our tractor beam. We're planning to launch fighters after the escaping vessel."

Haruka listened and replied, "Be careful. I recognized the ship designs. Avalonian so expect something unexpected. Haruka out."

He then walked over to where Pradhes was with Murasaki and said, "Well Doc, I guess you got your work cut out for you."

"Oh...I think when she recognized me she didn't have a problem." Alriana said as she got to her feet.

Tavaryn managed a chuckle and tried to sit up. He winced slightly at the pain in his shoulder and his chest. He managed to prop himself on his elbows and his left arm nearly gave away. "I hope Pradhes is good at pulling out metal. Piece of it is stuck in my shoulder, deep."

He looked at Alriana and smiled. "I'm guessing Belina will let us have a vacation now," as he gently took her broken arm and began encouraging the bones to heal.

Ackbar

"Sithspit!"

Belina who was still working on her console looked up sharply as she heard Andros. "What is it? What's going on?"

Katarn

"Sir. The enemy ship managed to jump to hyperspace. It...looks like they left something behind though. Sensors can't get a clear reading on it."

The captain of the Katarn thought for a moment. "Send a probe out and find out whatever you can about it. For all we know it could be some sort of bomb."

"Be careful. I recognized the ship designs. Avalonian so expect something unexpected. Haruka out."

"The enemy ship has managed to escape. They left something floating in space though. We're sending out a probe to examine it."

Avalon

"I'm guessing Belina will let us have a vacation now,"

Alriana smiled at Tavaryn. "With the condition that the Ackbar is in now, I think that the Admiral will have everyone working on repairing the ship before she gives us a vacation. Still...I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask."

"What is it? What's going on?"

Andros was tapping furiously when Belina asked what was going on. He replied, "Virus detection but it's a tough bastard. It's an adaptive virus in weapons system. Trying to isolate it."

Jun-la sighed and looked up. The service hatch was not locked so she reached up and fiddled the latch opened. "Well there's more than one way out of here."

Once she had it open, she jumped up to land on top of the lift. She looked around the lift and spotted something. She called to Xeran, "Xeran, how long until the repair crew gets here?"

"With the condition that the Ackbar is in now, I think that the Admiral will have everyone working on repairing the ship before she gives us a vacation. Still...I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask."

Tavaryn returned the smile with one of his own as he managed to lean himself against Ryu's foot. "Well Belina won't have much trouble getting help from Avalon. Especially Selene."

The wyvern crooned almost like a mother would for her young. He laughed as he hugged his left arm close to his body. "Ryu you spoil me," he told the wyvern good naturedly. After getting to a better position, he took Alriana's arm again and continued to work on healing the bones. He was almost finished when he had to right himself.

Now he was finishing the job using his sentou ability at healing. A breeze played with his hair as he concentrated. He focused on the repairs being as pain free as possible. "Tell me if you feel any pain moi chroi," he muttered gently.

Ackbar

"Virus detection but it's a tough bastard. It's an adaptive virus in weapons system. Trying to isolate it."

Belina ran over to where Andros was and looked over at the console. "Keep it away from life support at all costs." Belina thought for a moment. "If we can't get it I think we should be prepared to shut down the computer."

"Xeran, how long until the repair crew gets here?"

Xeran kept his eyes on the Twi'lek and his hand on his blaster. "I'm not sure. Right now there's a lot of damage so it could be awhile. Why? Is something wrong?"

Avalon

"Well Belina won't have much trouble getting help from Avalon. Especially Selene."

"That's good to hear." Alriana said with a smile on her face. "Hopefully that means I won't have to pull double duty shifts while the repairs are made."

"Tell me if you feel any pain moi chroi,"

"Don't worry, I'm sure I won't feel any." She said.

"I'm not sure. Right now there's a lot of damage so it could be awhile. Why? Is something wrong?"

Jun-la could sense the worry in Xeran's voice. She did her best to sound cheerful and optimistic. She replied, "Nothing serious at the moment though I think I may have found the cause of our lift malfunction." She took the device and put her upper half through the door in the roof and held out the device. "From the looks of it someone has been playing electrician with the ship's systems."

She then looked at the Twi'lek, "You know what this is?"

"If we can't get it I think we should be prepared to shut down the computer."

Andros was tapping but he managed to say, "From the looks of this, it is specific programming. However it has no idea what to do with the fractal encryption that I set up. That's the only thing that is keeping the virus out of the main system which has life support and other vitals. That should allow me to whip up a counter virus or something. countermeasures are holding for now while I work on it."

"Don't worry, I'm sure I won't feel any."

Tavaryn gave Alriana a wry look. Broken bones hurt like hell even if you used healing trances. However though he decided to not let her feel the pain so he continued to work even though it was sapping his reserves in strength. He could feel sweat form on his brow as he replied, "I think Belina would give you time off. You've done alot for the Ackbar even when you had Alpha Team helping."

"Just hold still and let me work here!. Lenatha insisted, taking out the various tools she would need to remove the shrapnel from Tavaryn. This wasn't going to be pleasant for either of them.

"Tiye, is there any chance the beam weapons on our ATT's will be able to pierce the neck armour on those walkers?" Iyav asked, quickly assessing the state of the battle in his head, trying to find anything that could give the Republic an advantage.

Tiye gazed at the remaining walkers that were being taken out by the rogue walker and the artillery from the Avalonians. She replied, "There is a possibility that it will work. If you and Komad could finished off the rest, then we can get down to business of finding those responsible. I say go for it. Good luck Iyav."

Tavaryn gave a wry smile at Lenatha. He replied, "I suppose I am one of your worst patients Lenatha."

Ackbar

"You know what this is?"

The twi'lek didn't say anything but tried to move away from Xeran as he pulled a knife out of his boot and slowly advanced on the suddenly nervous Twi'lek.

"I would highly suggest that you let the lady know what you did. Or would you like to tell me?"

The Twi'lek looked at Xeran and then at Jun-la and then slowly pointed at Jun-la. Xeran smiled. "Good choice."

The Twi'lek muttered something under his breath. "It was a back-up plan. In the event that the violent human managed to get away and escape to the lifts we could stop him from escaping and track him down. There are no more traps or anything left. This was the last one."

"From the looks of this, it is specific programming. However it has no idea what to do with the fractal encryption that I set up. That's the only thing that is keeping the virus out of the main system which has life support and other vitals. That should allow me to whip up a counter virus or something. countermeasures are holding for now while I work on it."

Belina smiled at Andros. "Excellent job Andros. I'll be sure to make a note to inform Jun-La of your actions. Without you that virus would have probably already gotten into the other systems."

Avalon

"I think Belina would give you time off. You've done alot for the Ackbar even when you had Alpha Team helping."

"You might be right," Alriana said as she winced as she felt a series of pains in her wrist. "I guess I can ask her once we get back aboard the Ackbar." She looked over at Tavaryn and saw the sweat on his brow. "Why don't you take a break Tavaryn? I'm sure that the medical bay on the Ackbar can take care of the rest."

"Excellent job Andros. I'll be sure to make a note to inform Jun-La of your actions. Without you that virus would have probably already gotten into the other systems."

Andros smiled slightly as he continued to look at his datapad. He replied, "My master knows quite a bit. She had me practice when she discovered I liked tinkering with computer systems."

He continued to try to diagnose the adaptive virus. He forwned slightly as he examined what he had while he created a separate protect file to develop his countermeasure. The virus was wreaking havoc on the navigation and weaopns systems and he informed the admiral, "Admiral, I'm going to isolate the weapons and navigation. That's where the virus is wreaking havoc. It may take awhile."

"It was a back-up plan. In the event that the violent human managed to get away and escape to the lifts we could stop him from escaping and track him down. There are no more traps or anything left. This was the last one."

Jun-la examined the device that she managed to dismantle. It was a good thing she put the emergency locks on before dislodging it. It was an ingenous device she thought and Andros would have some fun playing around with it. She looked down at the Twi'lek and asked, "Are you sure that it was the last trap? To me it seems that your Chiss companion may have done somethig else to the ship. Better you tell me know before interrogation with the Admiral."

"Why don't you take a break Tavaryn? I'm sure that the medical bay on the Ackbar can take care of the rest."

Tavaryn paused, aware that he must look a sight. Dirt and his smudged war paint, probably a mess. He had did quite a bit and he could admit that he was exhausted. Probably a good thing since Lenatha was about ready to dig the shrapnel out of his shoulder. He held Alriana's wrist and turned it gently in his hands. The basics had been done so it would heal straight. He gave a slight nod and replied, "For you I will. The basics have been finished so you can have minimal movement."

Gently he lifted her wrist and gave a kiss on her hand before releasing it. "I'm out of practice with healing but you should do fine now moi chroi." He then said to Lenatha, "I'm ready when you are Doc."

Ackbar

"Admiral, I'm going to isolate the weapons and navigation. That's where the virus is wreaking havoc. It may take awhile."

"Do whatever you need to do to get rid of that virus. For all we know more enemy ships could be approaching this system. And even with the Katarn in the system I don't want to take any chances."

"Are you sure that it was the last trap? To me it seems that your Chiss companion may have done somethig else to the ship. Better you tell me know before interrogation with the Admiral."

Xeran tossed his knife up in the air and caught it by the blade as he looked at the Twi'lek. The Twi'lek gulped nervously but didn't say anything. Xeran threw his knife up in the air again and this time caught it by the hilt.

"This was the last trap that I know of. If he did set anymore then I know nothing of them. Please...call the violent human off."

Avalon

"I'm out of practice with healing but you should do fine now moi chroi."

"Thank you Tavaryn...I think it would be a good idea if you visited the medical bay aboard the Ackbar once we're done down here."

"Do whatever you need to do to get rid of that virus. For all we know more enemy ships could be approaching this system. And even with the Katarn in the system I don't want to take any chances."

Andros nodded hiding the annoyance well. Computer systems were not something that were easily fixed with the push of a button. It took time, care, and the right touch. His master always said that they Ebon Hawk liked him better than Matton because he understood her. He smiled at the thought as he went to work scanning the virus and working up a diagnostic. He managed to reply quietly, "Don't forget there is the Avalonian fleet as well Admiral."

Meanwhile the Mandalorian repair crew that had been left behind made their way to the stuck turbolift. Devin the crew leader tapped on the door. With no response, he pried it open, wedging in blocks to keep the doors from closing in. He poked his head in and looked up and then down.

When he saw the familiar presence of a Jedi on top of the car, he grinned and shouted, "Need a little help Jedi?"

"This was the last trap that I know of. If he did set anymore then I know nothing of them. Please...call the violent human off."

Jun-la was ready to believe the frightened Twi'lek. There was no reason to lie unless it was to save his own skin but the chap was scared. Still it would be best to not let her guard down. She said, "Xeran quit scaring the prisoner. I doubt the cleaning crews will want to clean up an unneccesary messes after this."

She would have said more but a shout caught her attention. Looking up, she spotted the familiar armor of the Mandalorians and grinned widely. She shouted back, "If you can get the lifts working that would be a help." She then commed Belina, "Jun-la to bridge, work crew is here. We should be up there in no time."

Kage was pleased that things went according to the master's plan. They were now at the rendezvous point to be picked up. He activated the comm and said, "Darth Kage to Lord Pestilus. We have arrived and awaiting further orders."

"Thank you Tavaryn...I think it would be a good idea if you visited the medical bay aboard the Ackbar once we're done down here."

Tavaryn had a look that was cross between meekness and mischief when Alriana spoke. It changed to one that could be equated to a child's pleading face but there was a gentle smile about it. He replied rather quiet, "If it's all the same, with the Admiral's permission, I would rather stay here for awhile. If needed, I can hop the next shuttle to the Ackbar...and I would like it if you would stay too."

It was more of a need to just stay in one place longer than a day or two for Tavaryn. He had other reasons as well. One he had been reminded of when Murasaki punched him earlier. He looked at Alriana wondering what she would say.

Ackbar

"Don't forget there is the Avalonian fleet as well Admiral."

Belina mentally slapped herself. She had forgotten all about the fleet of ships that protected Avalon. "Sorry about that." She muttered so that only Andros could hear. "Is there a possibility that we might need to wipe the system clean to get the virus?"

"Jun-la to bridge, work crew is here. We should be up there in no time."

"Good to know." Belina responded as she contined studying the work Andros was doing. "I think your going to be impressed with what Andros is doing up here."

"Xeran quit scaring the prisoner. I doubt the cleaning crews will want to clean up an unneccesary messes after this."

Xeran smiled darkly at the Twi'lek and then put his knife away. "Consider yourself lucky that it's not just you and me in here Twi'lek."

Avalon

"If it's all the same, with the Admiral's permission, I would rather stay here for awhile. If needed, I can hop the next shuttle to the Ackbar...and I would like it if you would stay too."

Alriana thought only for a moment before responding. "I think I'm going to stick around here for awhile," she said with a smile. "I don't know...maybe look around for a bit...but I will need a guide." She said looking at Tavaryn.

"Is there a possibility that we might need to wipe the system clean to get the virus?"

Andros glanced at the work he had already completed before looking up at the Admiral and replied, "That is a last resort. Wiping the system means restoring the computer back to the last known save state. From the lookes of things that may include the modifications made before Setna."

Andros did a complete lookover of the diagnostic of the virus that was currently running around in navigation and weapons. The main computer which controlled the important stuff like life support was going strong and well protected by his encryptions. He then added, "Besides I think I have the basic structure of the virus down and now I am adding bells and whistles to my counter virus. I know it sounds wierd that I am using a virus to attack a virus but think of it like a sentient body fighting off infection."

"Consider yourself lucky that it's not just you and me in here Twi'lek."

Jun-la gave a tolerant eye roll to noone in particular. Xeran was good at his job as a soldier but intimidation could only work so far. She said, "Well we do have my security team wedged in there too."

One of the security guards gave a chuckle as they dabbed the sweat from their brows at intervals. Jun-la took a moment to wipe the sweat from her brow, aware that it was warm because of the systems needing to be shut down.

"I think your going to be impressed with what Andros is doing up here."

She replied, "I've no doubts that he has done well. I knew he would be able to make the most of getting the Ackbar up and running."

She stood up and looked up at the Manadalorian workcrew checking the systems and making any necessary repairs. She called up, "How much longer you intend to keep us in a sauna?"

Devin grinned even though his face couldn't be seen and replied, "Though you Jedi were known for your patience."

"Not this Jedi," Jun-la replied in good humor. "Seriously though, did removing the device leave any problems on the lifts?"

"None I can see. Better get back in the car and remove the e-brake. We're gonna give it a try."

"Copy that," Jun-la replied and jumped into the car, light on her feet. She put the device in her belt and told everyone to be ready. She released the e-brake and power came on. The car began to move until it stopped right where Devin and his crew were. Stepping out, Jun-la commed, "Admiral, lifts are working. We're on our way."

"I think I'm going to stick around here for awhile," she said with a smile. "I don't know...maybe look around for a bit...but I will need a guide."

Tavaryn gave a smile. It was all he could do while Lenatha was working on him. He then said, "I'd be glad to help with that. I'll..." He gave a slight hiss and a grunt before continuing, "I'll send a request to Belina."

Avalon

Lenatha had just finished applying the anaesthetic to Tavaryn when Andorra asked about helping, "Get a roll of gauze ready for when the shrapnel's out of him. We don't have the power to cauterise the wound safely." She explained.

Kalla nodded in agreement, following Tonatius to the wyvern. They'd still need to give it their all, even if the battle was nearly won.

"Gunships, target the necks of those walkers; the beam weapons should be strong enough to pierce the armour in that area." Komad instructed the Guardsmen operating the ATT's.

Oblivion

What I need you to do now is of a different nature, Lord Kage. I need you to infiltrate the Republic Senate, manipulate the Senate into trusting the Undying Sith Empire, and shift the blame for the attack on Avalon onto the New Empire. Pestilus sent back.

"Right." Andorra saluted Lenatha crisply and went to find the gauze. When she did, she returned to the Twi'lek, wincing slightly at the sight of Tavaryn's bloody wound. She stood poised to offer more assistance if needed, trying to reassure him with her eyes.

Ackbar

"Besides I think I have the basic structure of the virus down and now I am adding bells and whistles to my counter virus. I know it sounds wierd that I am using a virus to attack a virus but think of it like a sentient body fighting off infection."

"As long as your counter virus doesn't cause any trouble I think we'll be set." Belina said as she tapped a few controls to bring up Andros's progress on another screen.

"Admiral, lifts are working. We're on our way."

"As soon as you arrive I want you to begin interrogation of the prisoner. I'm a bit busy so you can have first crack at him. I should be able to join you as soon as the virus is gone."

Avalon

"I'll send a request to Belina."

"I think that with all the fighting we've both seen and with the Ackbar still under repair she'll let us take a break." Alriana said after thinking for a moment. "Besides...As a security officer I don't think that it will be necessary for me to be aboard during repairs."

Ackbar

"As long as your counter virus doesn't cause any trouble I think we'll be set."

Andros gave a slight smile and a chuckle that was barely audible. "It won't Admiral."

He made a few adjustments to his prototype. It had been awhile since he had to create something like a virus but he was grateful that his master was not so strict in his pursuing this line of activity. He glanced at the screen that was monitoring the virus' activity on the weapons and navigation system and saw that the virus was well contained and doing nothing else. Tapping on his pad he finished the specs he wanted. Now it was time to put it to the test. "Counter virus ready Admiral."

"As soon as you arrive I want you to begin interrogation of the prisoner. I'm a bit busy so you can have first crack at him. I should be able to join you as soon as the virus is gone."

Jun-la listened and replied, "Copy that Admiral. Andros should be able to whip up something. Over and out."

She then turned to the security team and the prisoner. "Well Xeran, let's proceed to the bridge debriefing room."

She then spoke to the prisoner, "We will ask you our questions again but more formally. It will give you a chance to tell us anything you may have forgotten to mention. Do you understand?"

Kage's Ship

What I need you to do now is of a different nature, Lord Kage. I need you to infiltrate the Republic Senate, manipulate the Senate into trusting the Undying Sith Empire, and shift the blame for the attack on Avalon onto the New Empire.

Kage nodded and replied, It will be done milord. Will there be others in this mission? He then set the coordinates for Coruscant. It had been a long time since he had been to the center of the Republic. There were old...OLD friends that he wanted to see again. Oh he may have sensed a few on Avalon but there was one, maybe two that he would enjoy seeing again and gauging their reaction.

The expression on his face was seen by Aiden who was glad to be rid of Avalon. A plus was this Sith Lord may be the way to getting back at Onashi. He asked, "What are your thoughts master?"

Kage looked at the young Avalonian who accompanied him. He would prove a useful pawn and a willing adversary to those who dared to challenge Lord Pestilus. He replied, "We are heading for Coruscant. Set the coordinates."

"Yes master."

Avalon

Taryn along with Lady Governor Starlighter followed Andorra to where Lenatha was preparing to do a field surgery on Tavaryn. Not to far behind were Tonatius and Kalla who were helping to mop up the remnants of the Sith forces.

Taryn thought the governor was taking the sight of her younger brother quite well given that he looked extremely pale though it was hard to tell under the war paint and there was quite a bit of blood spilt but she was a trooper. She had her attention devoted to the wyvern and was petting it.

Thinking that he should make himself useful decided to go and join his twin and Kalla. He raced over with his blade drawn and promptly took down a Sith that was trying to perform a sneak attack on his brother and Kalla. He said, "Need to watch that flank Jedi. Otherwise you would have been somebody's war story."

Tonatius gave a half hearted glare at his twin while he moved closer to cover her opened flank. He whispered, "I guessing you're glad that Lady Jun-la made us practice paired fighting for so long."

"Besides...As a security officer I don't think that it will be necessary for me to be aboard during repairs."

Tavaryn gave a grimace as the anaesthetic was being applied. He then gave a smile and replied, "Protocol moi chroi. You know she's big on protocol, even in battle."

He gave a slight chuckle at a memory from a mission he did with his team and Belina berated him on something saying that he needed to obey protocol and that was what he signed up for. Looking at Alriana he then added, "Fond memory."

He was surprised to see his elder sister there and she was talking to Ryu. Then again Ryu always knew a mother and responded in kind to them. Single women were another story and Alriana was the only one she had let through at first. His eyes then came to rest on his sister's adopted daughter. She looked a little nervous and said to her in soothing tones, "It's alright Andorra. I've had worse. Remember the fun on Geonosis?" It was teasing even though his memory of it was rather different. He smiled to reassure her.

His attention then diverted back to Lenatha. "Ready when you are," he said quietly.

Tiye watched as Komad directed the Republic guardsmen to finish the job. She was impressed with the damage wrought on the enemy and the preciseness of the hits. She said, "Impressive Master Jedi. This day will most certainly be ours."

Haruka received the reply and was disappointed that the ship got away. He replied, "Negative on the fighters. By the time you get them launched, we would've lost the trail. Send word to Admiral Belina that the battle down here is nearly over. Casualties are minimal, heavy to the enemy."

Ackbar

"Counter virus ready Admiral."

Belina smiled. "I really hope this works, otherwise I'll have to throw you in the brig." She said in a joking tone.

"We will ask you our questions again but more formally. It will give you a chance to tell us anything you may have forgotten to mention. Do you understand?"

The prisoner looked over at Xeran and then back at Jun-la. "I understand. But there is nothing else to speak of. Of that I am sure."

"For some reason I highly doubt that." Xeran muttered so that only Jun-la could hear.

Avalon

"Protocol moi chroi. You know she's big on protocol, even in battle."

Alriana sighed. "I guess. But I do still plan on talking to her once we get back up to the ship. I have to report a few things I've seen down here that worry me."

"Negative on the fighters. By the time you get them launched, we would've lost the trail. Send word to Admiral Belina that the battle down here is nearly over. Casualties are minimal, heavy to the enemy."

The captain of the Katarn nodded once and then turned to the communications officer. "Open a channel to the Ackbar and inform Admiral Belina that that battle is nearly won down here. Enemy losses are quite high."

"I guess. But I do still plan on talking to her once we get back up to the ship. I have to report a few things I've seen down here that worry me."

Glad that the conversation was taking his mind off the pain, Tavaryn listened to Alriana. When he heard those words though, for a brief moment, he thought she was saying something akin to the fact that she didn't like the place that had been home more or less. He knew that was not what she was saying though. It just felt that way. He replied, "What troubles you about this place?"

Ackbar

"I really hope this works, otherwise I'll have to throw you in the brig."

Andros knew the Admiral was joking but he understood her concern. The Ackbar was the pride of the Republic Fleet, a symbol. He replied, "It'll do its best."

He released his program into the weapons and navigation systems and proceeded to watch via his pad. A beeping sound indicated a transmission. He checked to make sure the firewalls were secure before informing the Admiral, "Admiral, a transmission. It's the Katarn."

["For some reason I highly doubt that."

Jun-la gave a slight pinch on Xeran's arm. It was the same disciplinary pinch she used on Andros sometimes if he spoke out of turn. She then said out loud, "That may be. Come." She then motioned to the security team to follow her in escorting the prisoner to the designated interrogation room that Belina had ordered.

Once there, she directed the security team to take positions. To Xeran she motioned for him to stand in a back corner. She thought it a good idea to put some distance between him and the prisoner. She had the prisoner sit in a chair and then commed, "Starlighter to Bridge, we're here in the interrogation room."

"Now that you mention it, yeah, even if I did resent it a little at the time." Kalla commented, cutting down another enemy soldier as he lunged at her. "Don't you find it odd that they've got the power to jam communications across the whole system and take out a Republic Star Destroyer with relative ease, and yet they attack the ground with AT-AT's? Those walkers have to be over a century old."

"This may sting a bit." Lenatha warned Tavaryn, and began to slowly and carefully pull out the chunk of shrapnel. It was a good thing she was used to the sight of blood; this wasn't going to be pretty.

Do you think it is a coincidence that so much of the Senate has lost faith in the Jedi? Pestilus explained. Simply taking control of the Senate would prove impossible, but that is not my plan. You just need to persuade enough of the other Senators to trust us as allies against the New Empire.

Avalon

"What troubles you about this place?"

Alriana looked at the battlefield and lowered her voice so only Tavaryn could hear her. "It has to do with the battle. I just found some aspects of the battle somewhat suspicious."

Ackbar

"Admiral, a transmission. It's the Katarn."

Belina walked over to a console next to Andros that had a video monitor and smiled as the captain of the Katarn showed up on the screen.

"Admiral, I am pleased to report that we recived a transmission from my security officer on Avalon. He reports that the battle is nearly won and that enemy losses are quite high."

"Excellent news captain." She said. "As of now we're dealing with a computer virus problem, it shouldn't take long before it's taken care of."

Xeran muttered angerly as Jun-la pinched him. He still fully intended to make sure the twi'lek would talk but he didn't want to fight with the jedi...not yet anyway.

He took his position at the back of the room and smiled at the Twi'lek as he sat down.

"Starlighter to Bridge, we're here in the interrogation room."

Belina responded instantly. "Excellent. Get whatever you can out of him and then let me know what he knows. Belina out."

Archived