Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

"Arrangements have already been made, but thank you anyway. And remember, Lendralis is not the enemy, even if he has been deceived by the Sith." Master Skywalker said before fading out.

The image of Chief of State Lendralis then appeared in his place. "Admiral Belina, I have good news. We have just received new intel that will allow us to put an end to the New Empire, once and for all. As such, I am ordering the Ackbar back to Coruscant to be refitted with this new data, in preparation for the attack on Balmorra." He explained.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jedi Temple Coruscant

"I'm not so sure about Avalon, Tonatius. Remember what Sarden, I mean, Tyrannus said in the Senate about the Sith defending Avalon and helping with the relief effort. It sounds like they've won Avalon over already."

"Then you must not know my sister very well," Andros replied. "As the Governor of the system, she is responsible for all the worlds within it. The planetary governors oversee their planets. Still it is a check and balance system. You can't swing a lightsaber without hitting someone important if it is official."

"He is right moi chroi. If the Lady Governor accepted aid, it is more likely she is watching for signs of treachery," Tonatius added softly. "Besides, you can't forget the colonies on the Outer Rim worlds."

"Finally my brother shows some intelligence," Taryn muttered with a grin.

Ackbar

"When you repeat the offer tell them if they need to get ahold of me then tell them to hail the Ackbar on emergency channel seven."

Jun-la nodded and gave a nod to Andros who returned it. There would be time later. Right now they had to hear what the Chief of State had to say.

"Admiral Belina, I have good news. We have just received new intel that will allow us to put an end to the New Empire, once and for all. As such, I am ordering the Ackbar back to Coruscant to be refitted with this new data, in preparation for the attack on Balmorra."

Jun-la stood away from the camera so she would not be seen but turned to mutter to Belina, "I would ask about his sources for this. There have been no signs from Balmorra last I checked."

"I know for a fact that it is...in fact, I once caught her half asleep on the bridge when I reported for the midnight shift once. I swear, the second she heard the door to the bridge open she got up so fast I thought she might have thrown out her back."

Tavaryn continued to massage Alriana's palms as he replied, "She is a proud woman and I think duty is her life. She knows what's right."

The turbolift came to a halt on the bridge deck. Tavaryn stopped massaging the palm he was holding and gently kissed it before releasing it.He offeed his elbow again to her asking quietly if she wanted to.

Ackbar

"Admiral Belina, I have good news. We have just received new intel that will allow us to put an end to the New Empire, once and for all. As such, I am ordering the Ackbar back to Coruscant to be refitted with this new data, in preparation for the attack on Balmorra."

"I would ask about his sources for this. There have been no signs from Balmorra last I checked."

Belina stared directly at Lendralis and shook her head. "First off Lendralis I'd like to hear where you got this information from. And second...one of my sources of Coruscant told me who you were negotiating with. I had trouble believing for a few minutes but now...the sith? You honestly believe that you can trust a sith?"

She turned around to look at her bridge crew and then Garja. They were all looking at her and she could tell that they trusted her. "The Ackbar isn't going anywhere."

"She is a proud woman and I think duty is her life. She knows what's right."

"I suppose that your right." Alriana said as they arrived on the bridge and Tavaryn offered her his elbow. She took it and led him onto the bridge, just in time to hear the last part of Admiral Belina's transmission to Lendralis.

"I suppose that your right."

Tavaryn replied, "There is nothing wrong with duty. I've learned thatthere are different kinds of duty. One fairly recent."

Jun-la watched the Chief of State's face while Belina conversed with him. She remained out of view fo the camera since she was not sure what the effect would be if he saw a Jedi standing with her. She turned when she heard the bridge doors open to reveal Jedi Haltra and her uncle walk in. She gave a small smile when she saw Alriana's hand on his elbow. She did though managed to make eye contact with her uncle and warn him to stay out of the projection angle.

Tavaryn caught his niece's silent warning and moved towards wher Koral was. He sent to Alriana, Best to stay out of the way since it could be bad if a Jedi is seen standing next to Belina.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, Leana. You are hereby stripped your rank and command and are ordered to report the brig. Any who support you will share this fate. If the crew fails to enforce this, they will be shown no more mercy than any other rogue crew." Lendralis coldly replied. "Without the Ackbar, the RSS Destiny would likely serve as the Republic's new flagship and lead the attack on the New Imperial Capital on Balmorra." The communications officer commented.

Ackbar

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, Leana. You are hereby stripped your rank and command and are ordered to report the brig. Any who support you will share this fate. If the crew fails to enforce this, they will be shown no more mercy than any other rogue crew."

Belina smiled Lendralis. Her eyes showed no sign of warmth or compassion. "You seem to forget yourself Lendralis. I control most of the republic fleet and I suspect that more of them will follow my lead then aid a republic that has decided to work with the sith."

Garja stepped forward and nodded at Belina. "Rest assured Admiral, I will follow you. Instead of treating me as a prisoner when I defected you showed me respect and listened to my advice. I stand with you."

Garja then stepped towards one of the consoles and transmitted the exchange between Admiral Belina and the Chief of state along with the transmission from Giron who had been killed getting the information to them. He made sure that it reached each and every ship in the republic fleet. Within moments, replies began to come in.

"This Captain Hivel of the RSS Shan. We stand ready to assist you Admiral."

"This is Admiral Ralek commanding the RSD Hope and the Fourth Republic advanced guard. We will not serve a republic that has allied itself with the sith. Awaiting orders Supreme Commander."

"This is Captain Sivel, commanding the Katarn and the second fleet, we stand with you Admiral."

More and more transmissions came in, some of them supporting Belina's actions and others siding with the Chief of state. Belina smiled as the transmissions continued.

"I hope your ready to face the consequences of your actions Lendralis. I have a feeling that this will not end well for you." Belina said as she cut the communications channel to Coruscant and opened up an emergency line to the ships that had sided with her.

"Attention all rebel vessels, this is Admiral Belina. As you now know, it seems the chief of state has found himself some new allies. I for one will not serve a republic that works with the sith. All rebel vessels are to report to the Avalon system for further instructions. Any and all crew members who disagree with this new situation are not to be killed but are to be put off ship. That's all for now."

Belina closed the communications line and suddenly her legs buckled out from under her. She caught the edge of the console and got back on her feet. She looked at the bridge officers and smiled shakily. "I think that I'm going to have every bounty hunter in the galaxy looking for me after that little stunt I just pulled."

Best to stay out of the way since it could be bad if a Jedi is seen standing next to Belina.

Alriana looked back at him and nodded after seeing what Admiral Belina had just done. I think Admiral Belina is going to need a bodyguard. She sent.

"Without the Ackbar, the RSS Destiny would likely serve as the Republic's new flagship and lead the attack on the New Imperial Capital on Balmorra."

"At least we managed to gather a sizable portion of the fleet." Belina said. "The longer the loyalists are busy with the New Empire the longer we have time to get organized."

I think Admiral Belina is going to need a bodyguard.

Perhaps you are right moi chroi. Since the transmission ended it was safe to move. Reluctantly letting go of Alriana, Tavaryn stepped forward and said, "Admiral if bounty hunters you are worried about, I may have a solution." Tavaryn paused not sure if it was a good idea or not but since he managed to face himself in that place, he might as well face judgment from everyone else. He added, "I still have contacts from my more 'lucrative' days. They may be the sort of people to keep them busy. Plus I know some of my Shinigami brethren would jump at an assignment like this."

I would if I were in my younger days moi chroi. His thoughts projected towards Alriana surprising him a bit with how honest he wanted to be with her.

Jun-la had noticed the reluctance in her uncle's face as he mentioned his past. She had heard only stories but when she mentioned it to her father, there was a strain that occurred. Seeing him revealing that he was not always the polite gentleman, she realized he was doing it because of Alriana. She added, "It is a possibility Admiral. Since the Jedi are also against this, we will stand by you. Some of us too have previous lives and maintain a connection to them."

(@Chev: That'd be "found himself some new allies". Lendralis is the first male Chief of State to appear in the series)

Executive Office Building, Coruscant

"We seem to have a minor setback, Lord Pestilus. Belina has managed to convince several other Star Destroyers to go rogue." Lendralis explained.

"Unfortunate, but inconsequential. With assistance from my own fleet, we should still be able to mount an effective assault against the New Empire." Pestilus replied.

Silver Eagle

Kalla looked out across the Coruscant skyline, for what may very well be the last time, thinking back to when she first met Tonatius. It was nearly impossible to ignore the very real possibility that she'd never see her home again. "Do you think we'll ever be able to come back here?" She asked Tonatius, holding his hand.

"Even if we're not involved, we can't ignore what's about to happen. I've managed to get feeds patched in from both the Senate and the Destiny." Iyav transmitted over the ship's intercom.

((Sorry about that, It was a typo.))

"I still have contacts from my more 'lucrative' days. They may be the sort of people to keep them busy. Plus I know some of my Shinigami brethren would jump at an assignment like this."

Alriana looked over at him and nodded as Admiral Belina looked Tavaryn over and smiled at him. "I appreciate the thought, I really do. But I will not take a bodyguard unless the rest of my crew is protected. And I doubt that there are enough Shinigami to protect everyone on the Ackbar. But If you can get a small squadron of Shinigami to serve on the Ackbar as a security force I would greatly appreciate it."

I would if I were in my younger days moi chroi.

I know you would. Alriana sent back. But then I would worry about you day and night.

"It is a possibility Admiral. Since the Jedi are also against this, we will stand by you. Some of us too have previous lives and maintain a connection to them."

Alriana turned to Jun-la and smiled at her. "I appreciate the offer and I may take you up on it. But I need to get in contact with Master Skywalker first. I want to ask him where the jedi are relocating to so I can meet up with him."

Silver Eagle

"Do you think we'll ever be able to come back here?"

Tonatius held Kalla's hand and caressed it in a reassuring manner, much to the amusement of his twin. He didn't want to make promises he couldn't keep but he didn't want to defeat her either. He replied, "I hope it is a possibility moi chroi. For now though we must press forward. Make it a goal maybe."

Ackbar

"I appreciate the thought, I really do. But I will not take a bodyguard unless the rest of my crew is protected. And I doubt that there are enough Shinigami to protect everyone on the Ackbar. But If you can get a small squadron of Shinigami to serve on the Ackbar as a security force I would greatly appreciate it."

Tavryn let out a chuckle. He said, "Secrecy is the Shinigami's greatest asset Admiral. Even I don't know the numbers and I was raised amongst them. I am sure though that the Head Captain will oblige with a security force."

But then I would worry about you day and night.

You wouldn't want to worry about me if you knew what I was like then. You wouldn't have liked what you saw. The thought that Tavaryn sent was sober. He didn't want any illusions between them and if she was replused by him, then so be it. It would hurt but better she be free of him than suffer for it.

"I appreciate the offer and I may take you up on it. But I need to get in contact with Master Skywalker first. I want to ask him where the jedi are relocating to so I can meet up with him."

Jun-la nodded and replied, "If anything Tython might be a suitable place, Admiral. However I suggest using our coded signal. Messages intercepted would not easily be decrypted."

Ackbar

"Secrecy is the Shinigami's greatest asset Admiral. Even I don't know the numbers and I was raised amongst them. I am sure though that the Head Captain will oblige with a security force."

Belina sighed in relief as another idea came to mind. "I think it would be a good idea of we had someone from both the Shinigami and the Jedi aboard. The reason I say this is because if we're all going to work together we need to find what each side needs."

She looked over at Tavaryn. "Tavaryn, since you already have duties aboard the Ackbar I'm going to ask you who you think would make a good ambassador from the Shinigami."

She then turned to look at Jun-la. "Lady Jun-la, I was hoping you could suggest an ambassador from the Jedi. Someone who is capable of negotiating."

You wouldn't want to worry about me if you knew what I was like then. You wouldn't have liked what you saw.

Alriana shook her head slightly. What you did in the past is in the past. She sent. I love you for what you are now. It would be horrible of me to judge you for what you once were.

"If anything Tython might be a suitable place, Admiral. However I suggest using our coded signal. Messages intercepted would not easily be decrypted."

"Good idea." Belina said. "I'm going to assume that the Jedi are changing their codes now that they're breaking away from the Republic so if you could somehow get in contact with Master Skywalker I would greatly appreciate it."

(@JM12: Chev already knows this, but I'm currently planning on making Part IX the final instalment in the series. However, if either of you decide to take the reins and do a Part X, I will continue to participate.)

Silver Eagle

Opening a channel to the Ackbar, Iyav said to Belina, "You may want to listen to this: live feeds from the Destiny and the Senate. Don't ask me how I got them."

"It's funny, we're forced to leave my home planet, so we're relocating to yours." Kalla commented.

Jedi Transport Jinn

Already beyond the Coruscant system, Master Skywalker reopened communications with the Ackbar.

"Admiral, I apologize if you've had difficulty contacting us again. The Jedi Temple has already been vacated, and we felt it best that we keep the subspace frequency of our transport ships secret." He explained. "I must warn you: Do not approach the Avalon system. While they would gladly join our Resistance, the planet is currently surrounded by Sith Warships aiding in the relief effort. Governor Starlighter is tolerating their presence only as long as necessary. Instead, make for Tython. We intend to reclaim the old Temple there, and use it as both a replacement for the one on Coruscant and as a base of operations for the Resistance." He added.

RSS Destiny

"You know, if I ever see Belina again, I think I'll have to thank her. If she hadn't decided to go rogue, I'd have never ended up with her job." The newly promoted Admiral Kohe commented.

"Admiral, is the fleet ready?" Lendralis asked over the comm.

"Both the Republic fleet and our Sith allies are in position, sir. We're just waiting on you to give the order." He replied.

"Excellent. Make the jump." Lendralis commanded.

"Yes sir!" Kohe responded enthusiastically, directing his helmsman to jump into hyperspace, and the remaining Republic Star Destroyers followed suit. The Sith Warships, however, did not. Instead, they repositioned themselves in order to attack Coruscant.

Senate Building, Coruscant

Expressions of shock, fear, and confusion flooded the Senate when they learned that the Sith fleet had remained in orbit, rather than following the Republic ships to Balmorra.

"What is the meaning of this, Lord Pestilus?" Lendralis asked.

Pestilus ignored him, simply activating a small comm device on his wrist. "Fire at will." He directed the Sith fleet. The Senate Building itself was safe; anything that could pierce it would end up cracking the whole planet in two, but they could still hear the blasterfire outside.

"We trusted you!" Lendralis shouted at him.

"You were deceived, and now, your Republic shall fall." Pestilus replied, activating his lightsaber, and quickly decapitating the Chief of State.

((Sorry about the delay, been a bit busy.))

Ackbar

"I must warn you: Do not approach the Avalon system. While they would gladly join our Resistance, the planet is currently surrounded by Sith Warships aiding in the relief effort. Governor Starlighter is tolerating their presence only as long as necessary. Instead, make for Tython. We intend to reclaim the old Temple there, and use it as both a replacement for the one on Coruscant and as a base of operations for the Resistance."

Belina listened carefully and then nodded at Garja who opened up communications lines to all of the rebel ships. "Attention all Rebel ships, there's been a change of plans. All rebel ships are to proceed to the following coordinates." He sent the coordinates and spoke again. "No one is to send these coordiantes to any non-rebel ship."

Garja then looked down at the messages coming in. All ships had recieved the messages and were begining to input the coordinates.

"All ships are entering coordinates Admiral."

"You may want to listen to this: live feeds from the Destiny and the Senate. Don't ask me how I got them."

Belina didn't respond as she watched the newly promoted Admiral Kohe took his fleet into hyperspace.

That fool! She thought as she watched the transmission showed the fleet of sith ships taking up attack positions around coruscant. He should have had the sith fleet jump to hyperspace first!

The view from the senate chamber wasn't much better. She watched as Lendralis ran up to the sith.

"We trusted you!"

Belina didn't look away as the Sith took Lendralis's head off with a single strike from his lightsaber."

"Turn that off." She said quietly. Garja did as ordered and the transmission ended.

"Set course for Tython." She said. Within moments, the Ackbar had the coordiantes entered and the Ackbar entered hyperspace.

Ackbar

"Tavaryn, since you already have duties aboard the Ackbar I'm going to ask you who you think would make a good ambassador from the Shinigami."

Tavaryn flushed a bit and replied, "Well the one to go to would be the Sentinel and um... that would be...um...me."

I love you for what you are now. It would be horrible of me to judge you for what you once were.

Tavaryn heard the words in his mind as he made his revelation to Belina. He replied, That's why I love you moi chroi. Though I am sure you are going to hate me now that I revealled another one of my secrets.

Jun-la listened to the revelation her uncle gave and grinned in an amused way. It actually made sense now. Her family was scattered among the different organizations that much was clear. Her uncle had been raised by the Shinigami and his mother so that was all he knew so it made sense that he was their mouthpiece. He could be counted upon to say enough without divulging secrets. She spoke to relieve the silence, "For the Jedi of Coruscant, we should rely on Master Skywalker and Master Starlighter. For the Jedi scattered on Avalon and her colonies, I suggest sending emissaries armed with a specific code word that will tell them you are a friend and that there is danger. There are plently of Force users out there. It's juts not all of them are Jedi."

Silver Eagle

Tonatius listened to Kalla's words. He replied, "It was home when Father was alive and mother carried her spirit well. Now... home is wherever you are." He gave Kalla a gentle kiss on her cheek.

Balmorra

The Republic fleet came out of hyperspace in the Balmorra system to find the New Empire waiting for them.

"Admiral, we've lost contact with Coruscant, and the Sith fleet did not follow us into hyperspace." Lt. Altair pointed out.

"No matter. We can still win this. Open fire on the nearest New Imperial ship." Kohe ordered.

As predicted, the intel provided by the Sith allowed the Republic ships to rip right through the New Imperial shields, and deal significant damage to their hull.

What they did not predict, however, was that the New Empire's weapons would have the same effect on them.

"It's a trap!" Kohe exclaimed.

"But for who, sir? Even if we are destroying each other, we're evenly matched with the New Empire." Altair stated.

"The Jedi were right. Prepare to jump into hyperspace." Kohe then instructed.

"No can do, sir. Their interdictors have us caught in a gravity well." Altair added.

"Try to hail the Imperials. They're not the real enemy here." Kohe suggested.

Senate Building, Coruscant

"Round up the Senators! Kill any who resist!" Pestilus instructed some unseen presence, and Sith Troopers revealed themselves behind every podium in the Senate.

Many Senators were taken away, violently escorted out by the troopers, and many more were simply gunned down.

Silver Eagle

Kalla was visibly shaken from what she was hearing from the Senate and the RSS Destiny. "And to think there's nothing we can do to stop this." She said to Tonatius, squeezing his hand. She was more terrified now than she was of anything that happened to her in the past five years.

Ackbar

"Well the one to go to would be the Sentinel and um... that would be...um...me."

Belina looked over at Tavaryn and nodded. "Very well. From this point on in addition to your normal duties you will be serving as an informal ambassador to the Shinigami." Belina tried to smile but she was still slightly shocked by how the sith in the senate chamber had killed Lendralis. "Don't worry, I hear the hours aren't that bad."

That's why I love you moi chroi. Though I am sure you are going to hate me now that I revealled another one of my secrets.

Alriana waited until Belina turned to Garja before grabbing his hand for a brief moment. I don't hate you Tavaryn, she sent. I don't think I ever could, not after all that you have done for me.

"For the Jedi of Coruscant, we should rely on Master Skywalker and Master Starlighter. For the Jedi scattered on Avalon and her colonies, I suggest sending emissaries armed with a specific code word that will tell them you are a friend and that there is danger. There are plently of Force users out there. It's juts not all of them are Jedi."

Alriana pulled her hand away from Tavaryn as Belina turned to look at Jun-La. "I'll make sure that we keep in contact with Masters Skywalker and Starlighter. As for the jedi who are still on Avalon and the colonies I'll make sure to find someone who I trust."

Garja, who had been monitoring the communications from the RSS Destiny and the senate turned to Belina. "Admiral, it appears that the republic fleet attacking Balmorra is in trouble. I can't hear much but it sounds like the Imperials were waiting for them. As for the senate building...I can hear blaster fire and screaming. Do you want me to put them on the main screen?"

"No." Belina said quietly as she thought of the options that fate or possibly the force had dealt her. She could try and help the republic fleet at Balmorra or she could continue towards Tython and come up with some sort of plan.

"Lady Jun-la." She said as she turned to look back at her. "I could use your advice. Should I turn around and set course for Balmorra or should we continue onto Tython?"

Balmorra

Both fleets had taken heavy damage, reduced to a fraction of their original numbers, and with the Destiny destroyed, command of the fleet fell upon Captain Harak of the RSS Phoenix.

"This is Captain Harak of Republic Star Destroyer Phoenix contacting the leader of the New Imperial Fleet. If you do not cease fire immediately, our fleets will end up destroying each other, and we will leave the Undying Sith Empire completely unopposed." She sent out.

"We read you loud and clear, Phoenix. We are standing down. We need to discuss it with Grand Admiral Velerc, but if what you say is true, I believe a truce is in order." The Imperial commander sent back.

"Thank you." Harak replied. "Try to contact the Ackbar." She then instructed her communications officer.

Ackbar

"Don't worry, I hear the hours aren't that bad."

"Well not the duties you assigned me to Admiral," Tavaryn replied a bit sheepishly. It was more comforting to hear Alriana in his mind. Truth be told he was worried about the state of affairs. He had been born in an age of fear where his mother and others like her were hunted down like animals. Now it was like it was happening all over again.

He held Alriana's hands in his own when she told him that she thought she could never hate him. He took in the smoothness of her hands, commiting them to memory. He was reluctant to let her go when Belina turned around. He sent, I suppose you want to keep public displays of affection to a minimum? He did not mind though it did seem to be like one more thing to be borne in silence.

"I could use your advice. Should I turn around and set course for Balmorra or should we continue onto Tython?

Jun-la had been watching the exchange between her uncle and Alriana. The timing seemed off for them to finally admit their feelings but then again there really is no perfect time. She replied to the admiral, "Admiral we need to consider the status of the ship itself. I know Andros has done what he can on all major systems as well as the Mandalorian team that Selene lent. Do you feel that given the state of the ship we should head to Balmorra? I would suggest going if there was no other option."

Silver Eagle

Tonatius felt Kalla's fear and held her hand. He brought it to his lips and kissed it before gently turning it over until her promise mark showed. Gently he rubbed the tender skin and said, "As long as we share this, we will be all right."

Taryn made a scowl at the scene. He was not one for getting into romances. Heck he even made jokes at Andorra's wedding just to annoy his twin. His brother was into that honorable gentleman thing and courting. Yet if he dared to admit it to himself, he would have professed jealously that his brother had found someone. He walked up to the cockpit where to no one in particular he asked, "So how long till we reach Tython?"

((Do you want me to take over Velerc when the Imperials talk to him?))

Ackbar

I suppose you want to keep public displays of affection to a minimum?

For now. Alriana answered calmly. Don't worry, we always have our off-duty shifts.

"Admiral we need to consider the status of the ship itself. I know Andros has done what he can on all major systems as well as the Mandalorian team that Selene lent. Do you feel that given the state of the ship we should head to Balmorra? I would suggest going if there was no other option."

Belina sighed heavily. She knew that most of the crews had been forced to obey the chief of state and had no choice but to attack the Imperial fleet at Balmorra. They were still people that she felt responsible for. She knew that many of those crews were most likely dead now. It would be foolish to take the Ackbar into battle with the damage it had taken.

Jun-la was right.

One of the consoles lit up and Garja ran over to it. "Incoming transmission from the RSS Phoenix. According to the transmission logs it was one of the ships that was sent to Balmorra."

(Yeah, go ahead. CommanderQ is probably not going to be back any time soon.)

Silver Eagle

"A couple more hours, but after what happened on Coruscant, I suspect Master Skywalker will want to speak to everyone when we arrive." Komad explained.

"I suppose there is always hope." Kalla remarked, turning their hand holding into a much more intimate embrace.

RSS Phoenix

"Admiral, it appears as though the Sith provided the New Empire with an intel package similar to the one they gave us. As a result, our fleets were evenly matched, and we nearly destroyed each other. Fortunately, we have agreed to a ceasefire, and they said that if you are willing to negotiate with Grand Admiral Velerc, they would be more than happy to join your Resistance, and if you will accept, what is left of the Republic fleet will do so unconditionally." Captain Harak explained.

Silver Eagle

A couple more hours, but after what happened on Coruscant, I suspect Master Skywalker will want to speak to everyone when we arrive

Taryn shrugged his shoulders and replied, "And I am guessing us non Jedi are waiting in the lobby?"

"I suppose there is always hope."

Tonatius let Kalla caress his hand and replied, "There is always hope. Besides I've never known you to give up. Remember your persistence with my cousin?"

Ackbar

Don't worry, we always have our off-duty shifts.

Tavaryn whispered gently into Alriana's ear, "I'm not worried. If want it to be a secret then that is fine too. Remember I used to work in secrets." He then switched to their connection, My heart is yours. It was his way of saying that he would follow what she wanted.

"Incoming transmission from the RSS Phoenix. According to the transmission logs it was one of the ships that was sent to Balmorra."

Andros then asked, "What kind of channel was it sent?" Looking at the Admiral he explained, "I know most of the emergency channels, the legit ones."

Ackbar

"I'm not worried. If want it to be a secret then that is fine too. Remember I used to work in secrets."

Alriana whispered back. "I don't want it to be a secret forever. Just until the current situation has ended."

"What kind of channel was it sent? I know most of the emergency channels, the legit ones."

Garja checked the transmission. "It was sent on the emergency distress channel. I recommend that we answer it now."

Belina nodded at him. "Let's hear it."

"Admiral, it appears as though the Sith provided the New Empire with an intel package similar to the one they gave us. As a result, our fleets were evenly matched, and we nearly destroyed each other. Fortunately, we have agreed to a ceasefire, and they said that if you are willing to negotiate with Grand Admiral Velerc, they would be more than happy to join your Resistance, and if you will accept, what is left of the Republic fleet will do so unconditionally."

Belina's eyes were drawn to the screen and her voice was calm though on the inside she was swearing in every language that she knew. "First off, I'm glad that you managed to to agree to a ceasefire. Inform Grand Admial Velerc that I will meet up with him at the following coordinates in deep space."

Inside, Belina was still swearing. Grand Admiral Velerc was better known to her as her father, the man who had abandoned his family and had accidently killed her mother. She didn't know what she would do when she met with him face to face.

Get ready father...It looks like we're going to meet face to face.

Imperial Space.

Imperial Flagship Death's Head.

Grand Admiral Velerc was still reading the pad with the information that the chiss had brought when one of his crewmembers spoke up. "Grand Admiral, we have an incoming transmission from Balmorra."

Velerc put the pad down. ""Put in onscreen."

Ackbar

"I don't want it to be a secret forever. Just until the current situation has ended."

"I don't think it is that big of a secret," Tavaryn replied. "I think just abour almost everyone in this room knows. They are polite enough not to mention it."

Jun-la had watched Belina's reaction to the transmission. She knew that Belina harbored a deep seated hatred of her father. She said softly, "Family may make us angry but certain things like revenge just gnaw away at the soul."

Balmorra

"Admiral, the Republic forces have agreed to the ceasefire, and they have managed to put us through to leader of the Resistance. She asks that she meet you at the following coordinates." The fleet's commander transmitted.

Silver Eagle

"They said that would be impossible too." Kalla commented. "I don't know how yet, but we'll find a way to fix this. I know it."

Ackbar

"I think just abour almost everyone in this room knows. They are polite enough not to mention it."

Alriana looked back at Koral who nervously brought his eyes back down to his console, as she looked around the bridge she couldn't help but notice that Tavaryn was right. A few of the bridge crew looked away when she looked at them and a few of them had smirks on their faces as they turned back to their consoles.

I...did not know that. She sent through their link. Well, I thought that Admiral Belina knew but that was it.

"Family may make us angry but certain things like revenge just gnaw away at the soul."

Belina looked over at her. "I will not allow revenge to affect me during the negotiations. I will be civil, but the Grand Admiral will never be able to fully earn my trust, not after all that he's put me through."

Death's Head

"Admiral, the Republic forces have agreed to the ceasefire, and they have managed to put us through to leader of the Resistance. She asks that she meet you at the following coordinates."

Grand Admiral Velerc watched as the coordiantes came in over the channel and he transmitted them to the helm controls. "Very well." He turned to look at the helm officer. "Set course for the following coordinates and engage the hyperdrive when ready."

The Death's Head slowly turned around and then entered hyperspace.

Archived