Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VIII: Wrath of the Empire

Ackbar

"Is there another way in?"

Belina paused from her work on the console for a moment as she thought about the question. The answer came to her immediatly. "Use Override code 31-zeta. Thats the maximum override code for the Ackbar and it can be used for anything."

Now I'm going to have to change the code again. Thats the third time this year.

Ackbar Corridors

Ravirn heard a hissing sound from behind him even as he ran for one of the hyperspace capable fighters. He knew that sound all too well and it always meant trouble for him.

A lightsaber. That meant that there was a jedi after him and he simply wasn't equiped to fight one right now.

He quickly found a fighter and climbed into the pilot's seat. He quickly powered up the engines just as the hangerbay doors began to close. He quickly set the engines to maximum and flew out of the hanger right as the doors closed behind him.

Avalon

May the Force be with you...moi chroi.

Alriana smiled as she heard Tavaryn's voice in her head even as she ignited her lightsaber and raised it up in the air as Tavaryn shouted something in his native language.

It's time for this battle to begin...she thought.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Admiral, unauthroized take off. Shutting bay doors," Andros informed as he tried to get the doors shut. "Damn. He got out."

Jun-la managed to have the override codes entered and the door open just in time to see a Chiss jump into the cockpit of one of the ships. She put on a burst of speed as if to jump on the ship and she had her lightsaber ignited. Just before she ran out of room, she threw a little device. She saw it attach itself onto the hull. She commed, "Ship escaped bay but there's a tracker on it Admiral. Call for station fighters to pusue if possible."

Jun-la watched the ship take off and extinguished her lightsaber. She turned around to take a look at the security officers but said nothing and went back to the deck where the first dead body was found. Perhaps there still might clues.

Oblivion

As soon as your men are ready, Lord Kage. Pestilus sent back. We cannot return to Avalon without further compromising the plan, so you will have to find your own way off the planet.

He then turned to his new apprentice. "Rise, Lord Corial. Focus your efforts on finding the remaining codes. They will prove most useful for our plan." He instructed.

Avalon

"For the Republic!" Kalla shouted, charging with her troops into the fray.

Oblivion

"Rise, Lord Corial. Focus your efforts on finding the remaining codes. They will prove most useful for our plan."

Corial slowly rose to his feet, and bowed to his new sith instructor. "If I may use the communications system I can check in with my source. He may already have the remaining code, it has been quite a while since I checked in with him."

Ackbar

"Ship escaped bay but there's a tracker on it Admiral. Call for station fighters to pusue if possible."

Belina slammed her hand down on a console in frustration. She had let some sort of enemy agent aboard the flagship of the Republic fleet. She quickly opened a comn channel to the station. "Attention Avalon station, we have an intruder who managed to steal one of our fighters. He needs to be stopped at all costs. Please launch all fighters if possible."

Starfighter

Ravirn knew that the republic would be sending fighters after him at a moment's notice but he wouldn't allow them to stop him from reporting back. He carefully entered a series of hyperpsace coordinates and waited for the navcomputer to find a safe route. But still...there was a chance that he would be captured before the navcomputer could find a safe route.

I just need a few more seconds before I can jump to hyperspace and finally get this mission over with.

Kage nodded even though he wasn't in his lord's presence. Yes milord. He then belowed out, "Forward! Attack! Destroy them!"

The Sith troops began to charge towards the enemy. The artillery had been instructed to create a barrage of fire with their units. Kage looked forward before instructing the speeder he was on to move forward. What he wanted was the rider of the wyvern.

Tavaryn saw the enemy move to charge and urged Ryu forward. The wyvern ran on its two legs with a thunderous charge before spreading its wings and taking flight. It swooped low to the ground charging for the enemy.

The Avalonian calvary followed suit on their stallions and draigons. The ground was thundering with the sound of beating hooves and claws followed by the soldiers on foot. Murasaki felt her heart pound as she urged her stallion forward. She glanced to make sure that Alriana was still beside her as she drew out her bow that had been strapped to her back and drew an arrow. Other warriors who carried bows drew theirs. "Archers, make ready!"

The warriors drew their arrows and notched them. Murasaki eyed the distance closing in. She then shouted, "Volley fire!"

It was like a rain of metal alloys as the arrows flew with deadly precision and rained down on the advancing enemy. it was like a dying wave as enemy Sith fell with arrows protruding from their bodies. Murasaki yelled for the archers to forward advance. Some put their bows away and pulled out blades. Others continued to fire.

Out of the tall grass stood maybe hundred of women drawing their own bows and raining arrows on the enemy. Murasaki shouted at Alriana, "The Handmaidens are here!"

Tavaryn continued forward, his staff held ready to strike.

It was like two brutal waves as the two sides collided. There was the distinct sound of blaster fire and the clang of metal as the two sides engaged in battle. Sith were firing on the charging Avalonians hitting some but were blinded by the elements being hurled at them.

Tonatius and Taryn stayed together as they advanced creating whirlwinds of water that shot soldiers out of their army's path. The earth benders brought up walls while hurling the earth. Fire and wind worked together. It was quick and dirty and effective. Tonatius looked at Kall who leapt into battle. That's my girl. He then spotted the Echleon 5 soldier Jareth and asked, "You planning on fighting?"

Kage stopped and jumped on a boulder to watch. The element defense was effective. Not too many were getting hit by the blaster fire. He ordered, "Use the AT AT walkers."

The walkers made their move and were firing indiscriminately. Some were shooting at the fortress which was firing back. Tavaryn looked around as he saw warriors beeing knocked sensless and dead from direct hits and shockwaves. He had to take out the walkers. He commed, "Tiye, now would be a good time to send in fighters."

Tiye got the comm and turned to Komad, "Time to get airborne." She climbed into a fighter and beckoned the Jedi to do the same. She commed back, "We're on the way."

Tavaryn, using Ryu, had managed to take out two of the walkers. The first he had leapt off and onto the walker to drop a grenade inside and leap back onto the wyvern. The second one, the wyvern took out with its own claws. By the time Tavaryn got the comm, he had lost his concentration and an explosion came in close causing the wyvern to veer off suddenly. Losing his grip, Tavaryn fell off and landed in the middle of the battle, lost in the smoke and dirt.

The wyvern roared as it swooped around. Kage looked through his binoculars and grinned. He had it timed perfectly as he jumped in his speeder to head to where the rider had fallen.

"This is Avalonian station to the Ackbar. Fighters are in pursuit of vessel."

Kurosu was a seasoned pilot and was the first to be sent out after the rogue Republic officer. He spotted the craft right away and commed his comrades to follow. He gave orders to disable the vessel. He locked on and fired a torpedo.

Jun-la leaned over the body and concluded what was obvious. She relayed the report to Belina, "He must have been aboard months Admiral. He didn't stand out with the crew. More like a sleeper spy. The guardsman never saw it coming."

Avalon

Alriana was in the thick of the fighting when she caught a glimpse of Tavaryn and his beast attacking an AT-AT. She smiled as she watched two of the AT-ATs went down. Her smile turned into a look of horror when she watched him get knocked off of his beast and was dropped into the thick of the battle.

"Tavaryn!" She shouted in horror. If someone didn't get to him soon he would most likely end up dead.

I'm coming to get you Tavaryn...Just hold on!

Alriana urged her stallion on as she headed toward the spot where he had fallen, taking out a few sith along the way. At this point she was only thinking of two things: saving Tavaryn and making sure she wasn't attacked from behind.

She caught a glimpse of him and shouted out, "Hold on Tavaryn! I'm almost there!"

Ackbar

"He must have been aboard months Admiral. He didn't stand out with the crew. More like a sleeper spy. The guardsman never saw it coming."

"Take the guardsman to the medical bay. And don't worry, whoever did this is now being pursued by fighters from the Avalon station. I think it's time we have a chat with the commander of his unit."

Starfighter

Ravirn let out a loud curse as he saw the torpedo coming towards him just as the navcomputer let out a beep, letting him know that a safe course had been plotted.

He pulled the lever back and his ship quickly disappeared into hyperspace just as the torpedo went through the space where his ship had been just a moment ago.

Next stop: Imperial Space...I have a feeling the Grand Admiral will be very interested in this data.

Kurosu cursed as the torpedo sailed off harmlessly and the ship disappeared. "Kurosu to Ackbar. Ship went to hyperspace. If you give the frequency of the tracker, we can pursue."

Jun-la replied, "Copy that Admiral." She instructed the guardsmen to pick up the body and take it to the med bay. She then asked, "Should I detain the commander, Admiral?"

Tavaryn knew he was falling and twisted his body to avoid serious injury. Great more bruises. He landed and rolled a few feet down a slight slope and forced himself to a stop. Miraculously he still had his lightsaber attached to his belt and his sword was slung across his back. Getting to his feet he held his staff in attack position knocking Sith senseless while other warriors were otherwise occupied.

"Hold on Tavaryn! I'm almost there!"

Tavaryn heard her shout over the din and turned to see Alriana charging on Shayna. It would have been enough for someone to lop his head off but his instincts told him someone was coming after him. He did a sudden drop and roll to give him the advantage of grabbing his lightsaber. He ignited and brought it up just in time to counter the glowing red beam of a dark Jedi.

Kage took the moment of distraction to cover the distance and strike at the wyvern rider. The pop hiss of his lightsaber was masked by the sounds of battle. He brought it down to have his enemy counter with a block with his own lightsaber. "A tribesman with a lightsaber?" he queried, "Very interesting."

Tavaryn sprang away to land on his feet, "We Avalonians are multitalented."

"Yes I know. I've fought your kind before," Kage replied. "And I can tell that you mean something to the people here which is why I will take pleasure in cutting you down." He then lunged.

Tavaryn knew it was a fight to the death with this one whom he now suspected was Sith Lord. He countered with defensive blocks, looking for a strategy.

Murasaki saw Tavaryn fall off the wyvern and noticed the reaction of Alriana. If anything the Jedi had become a horsewoman in that instant as she charged forward. Murasaki saw enemy soldiers trying to fire at the Jedi so she followed, shooting with her bow at them.

"Watch the crossfire," Murasaki shouted.

"Attack!" Jareth called out to his squadmates. The other Echelon 5 troopers then sprung into action, focusing their fire on the AT-AT. "That armour is too strong for standard ordnance; we'll have to take it out from the inside." One of the other operatives informed him. "Understood. Eliminating that walker is our top priority." Jareth replied, prompting two operatives to charge towards the AT-AT with ascension guns primed.

Ackbar

"Kurosu to Ackbar. Ship went to hyperspace. If you give the frequency of the tracker, we can pursue."

Belina swore under her breath. The enemy had gotten away and she had no idea what data he had managed to access. "Leave him for now...I plan on having the Ackbar fully repaired before we go after him."

"Should I detain the commander, Admiral?"

"Yes. Bring him to the brig." The Admiral accessed the computer to check his location. "Right now he's in his quarters. Deck 3 section 31. His room is number 28. I want him alive."

Avalon

Alriana continued striking down sith solders and avoiding others as she worked her way towards the area where Tavaryn had landed. As she hot closer and closer she could sense Tavaryn and a darker presence. When she got close enough she could barely see him fighting it out with a figure with a red lightsaber.

She silently force-jumped off her stallion and landed behind the figure with the red lightsaber and brought her lightsaber down on the sith in a slashing motion.

"Leave him for now...I plan on having the Ackbar fully repaired before we go after him."

Kurosu sighed. They should be pursuing but he got the distinct impression that the Republic admiral wanted this guy herself. Still he could understand and replied, "Understood. We can keep tabs on movement for you. Heading back to base."

"Yes. Bring him to the brig." The Admiral accessed the computer to check his location. "Right now he's in his quarters. Deck 3 section 31. His room is number 28. I want him alive."

Jun-la marched silently to the the specified room flanked by the security detail. "What is officer's name Admiral?"

Andros had been fiddling with the wiring. There had been a few sparks but nothing serious. He checked his pad and began trying something. he said, "Admiral, I believe I can sift through the downloads to find what he was specifically after. Just let me have full access to the main computer."

Kage was ejoying the fight. There was something familiar about this Avalonian that he couldn't quite put his finger on. It had been a long time. he continued to attack until the Avalonian sprang back, gripping his staff in one hand and the lightsaber in the other. "Very impressive. Not traditional Jedi techniques."

Tavaryn eyed his opponent warily. "Never trained with them."

Interesting. Kage replied out loud, "Yet you fight with a Jedi's weapon. Should you be brandishing the honor?"

Tavaryn glanced at his lit lightsaber. It had never mattered to him with whih weapon he fought with. Still, the honorable side of him kicked in. He extinguished the blade and returned it to his belt. He gripped the staff in the middle and gave a deft twist and separated the staff into two pieces which he gripped and twirled in a deadly fashion.

Kage grinned. It was at the last moment that he sensed the danger. As quick as Tavaryn would have moved, he sidestepped the strike and grabbed the Jedi by the arm. With a deft twist, he managed to wrench the girl around and pin her sword arm. He whispered into the Jedi's ear, "Not very smart to interfere."

Kage then looked at Tavaryn and said, "What now? You want to risk it?"

It was a threat an Tavaryn knew it. He held his two staff pieces in attack formation but his heart was torn. He looked at his enemy and Alriana. His face was frownign but he looked menacing with the black paint on his face. It was a standoff. Tavaryn sent, What should I do moi chroi?

((Apologies Chev if I was forward on a bit on Kage's counter.))

((Not a problem. :)))

Ackbar

"What is officer's name Admiral?"

"His name is Xeran...if that is his real name. There are two things you need to know about him: He always is armed with at least a blaster pistol and he is dangerous. Even jedi Alriana had trouble with him when sparring. Be careful."

"Admiral, I believe I can sift through the downloads to find what he was specifically after. Just let me have full access to the main computer."

Belina walked over to Andros and entered her password into the computer, giving Andros full access to the computer. "Access granted." She said. "Let me know the minute you find anything."

Avalon

What should I do moi chroi?

Alriana struggled against the sith, trying to break his grip on her. She snarled at him. "I've fought your kind before sith. It's only a matter of time before you die."

Be prepared. Once I get free we need to take him together. she sent back to Tavaryn as she quickly gathered the force around her and grabbed the sith's arm, sending a jolt of force lightning through the sith.

He's here. I don't know how, but it's him. Kalla sent out to Tonatius, and as if on instinct, she rushed in Tavaryn's direction, hoping to aid him against who she was sure was Tyrannus. En route, she activated her lightsaber and cut her way through the Sith's soldiers, whatever they called themselves.

The two Echelon 5 managed to sneak aboard the walker via a hatch on the underbelly, and were quickly making their way to the cockpit. "What the Sith doing with an AT-AT? They were retired decades ago."

"I've died before," Kage whispered in Alriana's ear, "And I've come back."

"Only one could do that and he was destroyed," Tavaryn replied having remembered what he read and heard about Virul. He was trying to buy time for Alriana to do what she wanted to do.

Kage was amused. When Alriana sent lightning athim he countered by gripping the offending wrist tightly. He felt the lightning but pain was irrelevant at this point and didn't affect him. He squeezed harder on Alriana's wrist, feeling the bones strain under his grip. The intent was clear in his eyes.

Tavaryn felt the air go out of his chest. He saw the intent and glared. He moved to be ready to spring. Kage was looking at him, the pressure on Alriana's wrist increasing and the added threat of a lit lightsaber. Trust me again moi chroi?

Tonatius sensed Kalla's agitation and heard her message. He didn't want to leave his brother. He reached out like how he had been taught and tried to sense out the presence. He recognized it too and something else was there. He sent, Wait Kalla! Don't attack!

To accentuate his point and to try to stop her, he took off, using his talents to weave his way through the fighting warriors. He didn't notice that his twin was following along behind shouting at him. He spotted Kalla and shouted, "Wait!"

Andros nodded at the admiral. The repairs were abandoned for now but he had done enough to provide him with enough power to do a diagnostic. He read his datapad and checked his connection. "Strange. Part of this download is mundane things like inventory lists. I would've thought that he would have gone into more secure info like weapons, defenses, that like. Admiral, does the Ackbar have a record of battles engaged? Anything related to the Undying Sith or what happened two years ago?"

"His name is Xeran...if that is his real name. There are two things you need to know about him: He always is armed with at least a blaster pistol and he is dangerous. Even jedi Alriana had trouble with him when sparring. Be careful."

"Understood," Jun-la replied as they neared the door to the specified room. She motioned for the security team to cover fire as she tapped on the door. She said, "Xeran, this is Jun-la, Jedi Knight. I need you to come with me for questioning."

Avalon

Trust me again moi chroi?

Alriana tried to gather the force around her but the pain she was in was preventing her from fully gathering the power she needed.

Of course I do...I trust you Tavaryn. she sent back.

Ackbar Bridge

"Strange. Part of this download is mundane things like inventory lists. I would've thought that he would have gone into more secure info like weapons, defenses, that like. Admiral, does the Ackbar have a record of battles engaged? Anything related to the Undying Sith or what happened two years ago?"

"As a matter of fact it does. Every battle that the Ackbar has gone through since it's launch has been recorded and there is some data on the Sith. I can see why someone would want information on the sith and the incident at Geonosis but why they accessed the inventory is beyond me."

Ackbar, Deck 3 Section 31

"Xeran, this is Jun-la, Jedi Knight. I need you to come with me for questioning."

Xeran, who was inside his quarters looked up in suprise as the voice came through his door. He grabbed his blaster pistol and grabbed a concussion grenade just in case it was some sort of trap. Being paranoid never hurt.

"May I ask what I am going to be questioned about? I mean no offense Jedi Jun-la but I refuse to leave until I hear what has happened."

He looked over the weapons that were mounted on his wall. I have a bad feeling about this. He thought.

Jun-la leaned forward as if to listen with her ear on the door. She could sense the cautiousness behind the door. She had no doubt that he would strike should he feel threatened. She replied, "This concerns a soldier under your command. In case you have not been aware, there is a situation that needs to be dealt with."

I can see why someone would want information on the sith and the incident at Geonosis but why they accessed the inventory is beyond me.

"Perhaps it is a cover," Andros suggested. Seeing that his answer might require an explanation, he gave it, "It's a ploy used by slicers. It's a diversionary tactic or a cover tactic. I'm going to run a diagnostic on the downloads." He began tapping into his datapad.

Kage was enjoying wreaking pain on the Jedi in his grasp. It had been a long, long time. He squeezed harder and whispered in Alriana's ear, "Try to use your powers and you'll find the pain an afterthought."

Of course I do...I trust you Tavaryn.

Tavaryn had some small mesure of relief. For the plan that was forming in his mind would require him to move fast. He said to the enemy, "Let her go and we'll finish this."

Kage grinned maliciously, "An interesting proposal. However your Jedi friend interfered so she forfeits release in my opinion."

"You and I both know that you want the one whose talents aren't as mundane," Tavaryn replied, trying to play to ego. He was gathering the strength he would need to move and he prayed that Ryu could sense him.

"True but it's been a while since I had a Jedi in my grasp and I rather like this one." Kage adjust his grip as Alriana tried to struggle. "Then again, she doesn't know when to quit. So I'll have to decide for her." It was then that he made a deft move and snapped the wrist he was holding as if it were a twig.

Tavaryn had seen the move and moved quickly disappearing and reappearing to smack the enemy with his staff pieces. It was enough for the enemy to release Alriana at which Tavaryn seized the moment to grab her and move away.

Kage was enraged that the Avalonian bested him and took his prize. He searched for him and saw him in the place that he was before but with the Jedi. A large below sounded and the wyvern that had been circling landed with a thud, swingin its tail at nearby Sith, sending them to their deaths.

Tavaryn gripped Alriana until Ryu landed. He boosted her up and said, "Hang on moi chroi." He then muttered something to Ryu and the wyvern took off leaving him behind on the ground.

Tavaryn could only spare a glance before truning his attention back to the enemy he bested. Kage charged at him and Tavaryn launched into his own attacks which were musch harder and full of murderous intent.

Governor Starlighter watched the battle from the fort even as enemy fire rained down, trying to bring it down. The artillery line was effective. What had her interest were the use of AT AT walkers. She hadn't seen one in years. "Admiral Garja, have arillery concentrate with ion charges on the walkers. We need to bring them down."

Ackbar

"This concerns a soldier under your command. In case you have not been aware, there is a situation that needs to be dealt with."

Xeran muttered something under his breath. He had a feeling that he knew which solder it was.

He dropped his blaster pistol on the floor and opened the door and held his hands above his head. "I believe I know what solder you are talking about. He recently arrived on the Ackbar didn't he?"

Ackbar Bridge

Belina was busy working on a console when she heard Andros's idea. "Good idea. Try and find whatever it was he downloaded and then let me know."

Avalon

Alriana shouted out in pain when her brist was broken. She couldn't believe the strength of the sith. He had broken her wrist with almost no effort. The pain she was feeling was making her black out.

"Hang on moi chroi."

Alriana's eyes closed once and then opened again. Be careful Tavaryn... she sent to him as she blacked out again from the pain.

"Admiral Garja, have arillery concentrate with ion charges on the walkers. We need to bring them down."

"As you command Governor."

Garja spoke into a comn. "All vehicles equiped with Ion charges are to concentrate fire on the AT-ATs. Make sure that they are brought down."

"Yes Admiral."

"I believe I know what solder you are talking about. He recently arrived on the Ackbar didn't he?"

"That is the assumption," Jun-la replied calmly. "From what we could gather, he has a Chiss appearance." She supplied the small detail hoping to gain a foothold in cooperation. "I'll tell you the truth right now that Admiral Belina wants you locked up in the brig. Show me cooperation and maybe we can avoid that."

Andros shuffled through data like a pro with a sabaac deck. He tried every trick that he learned about slicing terminals. Scoundrel skills for sure but his master never begrudged him learning them. He came across something that was interesting and asked, "Admiral, what do you know about Echleon 5?"

The wyvern sensed its rider blacking out and swooped towards the ground. Murasaki had lost track of the Jedi in the thick of battle but she spotted the wyvern flying and diving low to the ground. She urged her stallion forward to meet with the beast just in time to catch Alriana from slumping off. She saw that Alriana had been strapped onto the beast so making a split decision, she jumped onto the wyvern and pulled Alriana to keep her from falling off. "Alright let's fly."

The wyvern, sensing that the second rider was a friend allowed passage and continued to fly where he had been asked to go. He landed with a hard thump in front of the field medics that had been advancing. It belowed upon landing and lowered its body to the ground.

Murasaki, thrilled to have actually ridden a wyvern, snapped to business as she undid the bindings and slid off with Alriana. She spotted a Twi'lek, her first but one she recognized was the wife of the governor's daughter. She said, "Healer Lenatha, I require your assistance please."

To the Jedi, she said, "Don't worry. The pain will pass."

Tavaryn ran off the side of a damaged speeder and flipped over to avoid getting hit by the lightsaber his enemy was wearing.

Be careful Tavaryn...

She had sent him that before he sent her off on Ryu. He could feel her pain and was livid with rage when he saw his opponent standing there smirking. I am sorry moi chroi.

Kage was having more fun than he had in ages. He could tell that by breaking the Jedi's wrist, he got under the Avalonian's skin. He wondered about that as he swiped at the Avalonian as he ran alongside the broken speeder. The Avalonian's use of his staff was impressive. He couldn't help but comment, "You're fighting better now than you did when we first begun. Why is that?"

Tavaryn felt a powerful surge of feelings course through his blood. Some of it was anger, the rest was a conglomeration of emotions past and present. He replied, "A good defense gives way to a good offense." He twirled his batons.

"Indeed," Kage agreed and then struck out with a series of thrusts and parries that were too fast to be seen with the naked eye.

Tavaryn was ready and countered with matching speed. He led his opponet on a dance, occassionally taking out other Sith warriors with a well placed strike. He was hoping to get his enemy closer towards the fortress but they remained in the same area that they were in. It was intensive fighting as they clashed like kataran bulls.

At one point Kage locked his lightsaber between Tavaryn's batons. He improvised by giving hard punches and a backhand to Tavaryn's head. Tavaryn responded with a backhand which resulted in a kick to the gut that sent him sprawling on the ground. Kage came down with a downward strike.

"Tavaryn's going to need help, but perhaps you're right." Kalla responded, stopping immediately. "How can he be here?" She then asked Tonatius, though doubting he'd know any more about it than she did.

"Commander, we've managed to gain control of one of the walkers, and are awaiting instructions." One of the two operatives messaged Jareth.

"Concentrate your fire on the others, you should be able to take out at least one before they catch on." Jareth sent back.

"I'll see what I can do." Lenatha said before she rushed over to them, and began examining Alriana's wounds. "It's nothing I can't fix, but you're in no condition to fight." She explained.

Ackbar

"Admiral, what do you know about Echleon 5?"

"Not much. From what I've learned they're some sort of secret organization that believes that they have the authority to do just about anything when it comes to defending the republic.

Ackbar, Deck 3 Section 31

"I'll tell you the truth right now that Admiral Belina wants you locked up in the brig. Show me cooperation and maybe we can avoid that."

"I know of the chiss your talking about." He said quietly. "He was new to the Ackbar when I noticed that there were a few odd things that set him apart from the other troopers. He was late to training exercises a few times, never tried to talk to any of the other troops and spent most of his free time in his quarters."

Xeran paused for a moment. "There was one incident where he requested that he gain access to the Ackbar's main computer. He said he wanted to study advanced Echani combat techniques. I didn't see the harm so I gave him access."

He looked over Jun-la and the troops that were assembled. "Don't tell me he did anything against regulations."

Avalon

"Don't worry. The pain will pass."

Alriana groaned in pain as she woke up again. "I certainly hope so...that sith was different from the rest of them. I sent a jolt of force lightning through him and he didn't seem to feel it."

"It's nothing I can't fix, but you're in no condition to fight."

Alriana tried to get back on her feet only to fall backward again as the pain ran through her body. "Someone needs to take care of that sith that tavaryn is fighting then. I would reccomend that whoever goes after him exercise extreme caution."

Murasaki replied firmly, "No one should interfere. If it is his fight, he will see it through. If that Sith was different from what you know, the less people in harm's way, the better." She held Alriana steady while Lenatha tended to the wrist. "Besides I think he wants you out of the way for what he wants to do to the Sith."

"Don't tell me he did anything against regulations."

Jun-la replied through the door, "Unauthorized download. What he wanted, my pupil is looking for. So you can understand why the admiral wants you in the brig." She was willing to be patient and wait for the commander to come out himself rather than drag him out.

Andros frowned, "So would you know anything about a virus that was found on Geonosis?"

Tonatius shrugged his shoulders and then lashed out with a strong burst of water to send three incoming Sith a fair distance away. "We may have abandoned him on Setna but perhaps he found new allies. As much as I want to help Tavaryn, I suggest not. I can sense that he is not himself, almost angry but not."

Tavaryn saw the strike and rolled out of the way. He pulled one of his shuriken out and threw it at the enemy where it struck in the shoulder.

Kage grunted at the sudden sting of the shuriken. He pulled it out as if it were an annoying barb and managed to deflect Tavaryn's attack. They collided again and locked weapons. It was in a swift movement that Kage took the shuriken and stabbed it into the back of Tavaryn's shoulder, the same one that took the sniper round earlier.

Pain exploded and Tavaryn cursed. It was strong enough to be amplified through the Force Sithspit! His retaliation was a cumulation of power that was nothing like the Force. He expelled it out forcefully in all directions and sent people flying off their feet.

Ackbar

"Unauthorized download. What he wanted, my pupil is looking for. So you can understand why the admiral wants you in the brig."

Xeran opened the door and walked out with his hands clasped together behind him. "What do you mean by Unauthorized download? What did he manage to get? Could it compromise the security of the ship?"

Ackbar bridge

"So would you know anything about a virus that was found on Geonosis?"

Belina sighed. "I would rather forget about that, the reports on what the virus did gave me nightmares for a month. Yes I know about the virus. I made sure to study it in detail."

Avalon

"Besides I think he wants you out of the way for what he wants to do to the Sith."

Alriana winced as the doctor worked on her wrist. "I would rather be fighting with him but if this is what he wants then I will listen. For no-" She stopped for a moment and then gripped her head in agony.

Tavaryn...I could feel his pain through the force...he's been hurt. she thought as she tried to get back to her feet.

Imperial Space

Ravirn's starfighter dropped out of hyperspace and the chiss sighed in relief when he was the flagship of the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Fleet. He opened up a channel to the Flagship.

"Star Destroyer Death's Head, this is Ravirn. I have the information that the Grand Admiral requested. Requesting permission to come aboard."

"Permission granted. The Grand Admiral is looking forward to your arrival."

Ravirn smiled as he manuvered his ship towards the Death's Head port hanger.

Oblivion

Before Darth Corial could move to access the communications system the emergency communicator he kept in his robes. "This Varith." He said using his old code name. "What information do you have?"

"I have the final code but I believe the jedi are suspicious of me. The final code is Mothma-879. I am prepared to return to my undercover status until your next command."

"Very well. Return to undercover status and let me know if anything else comes up."

Darth Corial turned to his master and bowed his head. "I have the final code master, it is Mothma-879. I also have a man on the inside who is ready to assist us. Someone who hates the jedi almost as much as I do.

Murasaki held Alriana steady sure that the agony was not physical pain. "What do you see?" She asked the question in a firm tone to try and help the injured Jedi focus.

His shoulder throbbed mercilessly for the wound was deep and he couldn't reach the offending piece. I didn't take him long to figure out that Kage had broken the shuriken, leaving the embedded metal stuck in his shoulder.

Kage, annoyed that the shuriken cut him, was also pleased at the reaction he had caused. There was power and he had felt it. Sure he had been blown off his feet but he knew now that this young Avalonian could control an element. He stood up and said, "So you do have power. You just choose to hide it."

Tavaryn glared and replied, "I am responsible with it." A blanket statement but how could anyone understand that his gift, as his mother once put it, had him afraid of its possibilities.

"Sheet anchor statement. You and I both know that burst was a part of the rarest of elements."

Tavaryn swore at Kage in his native tongue as he slowly twisted his staff back together and shoved it into the ground. He pulled out his sword and held it ready to strike. Meanwhile Kage covered the distance rapidly bringing his lightsaber to strike hard.

"What do you mean by Unauthorized download? What did he manage to get? Could it compromise the security of the ship?"

"It is a possibility," Jun-la allowed when the officer came out with his hands behind is back. She was wary of the gesture though her face gave nothing away. "As I said, my pupil is uncovering that truth."

"I would rather forget about that, the reports on what the virus did gave me nightmares for a month. Yes I know about the virus. I made sure to study it in detail."

"Well I found something regarding Echleon 5 and that virus," Andros replied puzzled, "But I think it is like a smokescreen. Wait. What is Mothma-879?"

Oblivion

"Excellent. We now how the means to eliminate both the Republic and the New Empire in one swift stroke." Pestilus commented. "And with the codes you provided, Coruscant will be ours."

Avalon

"And what if he loses the fight?" Kalla asked. "Whatever's he's planning, it sounds like a massive gamble. Worst case scenario, he's going to need help."

At that point, the commandeered AT-AT opened fire on the other walkers, managing to blow the "head" off the nearest of them, with the added benefit of throwing the Sith forces into disarray.

((Ravirn didn't download the code to the temple. I was going to introduce the spy in the jedi temple later.))

Avalon

"What do you see?"

Alriana winced. She could still feel the pain from what had happened to Tavaryn and she was worried. "I couldn't see anything but I could sense that Tavaryn was in a great amount of pain. Whatever he is fighting managed to wound him."

Ackbar

"As I said, my pupil is uncovering that truth."

Xeran mentally slapped himself. He did not want to appear threatning to the jedi. He slowly showed his hands to show that he was not armed. "I wouldn't want the Admiral to suspect me of anything nor do I want to end up in the brig. I think it would be in all of our best interests if I spoke to the Admiral."

"Well I found something regarding Echleon 5 and that virus, But I think it is like a smokescreen. Wait. What is Mothma-879?"

Belina looked over his shoulder and took a look at the data. "No idea. I'm more worried that he may have downloaded the new ship designs from the main computer. If the sith or whoever it was managed to get ahold of that we'll be in serious trouble."

Wait just a minute... she thought as she looked over the data. "Look at that. Whoever it was downloaded my biography and my academy records.Why would they want that?"

Oblivion

"Excellent. We now how the means to eliminate both the Republic and the New Empire in one swift stroke. And with the codes you provided, Coruscant will be ours."

Corial looked out of the viewport and then turned to his master. "My information on which Jedi Masters reside at the temple is a bit outdated but If you wish I can provide you with any information you need. And I can have my source in the temple tell me who some of the more dangerous jedi are."

"Look at that. Whoever it was downloaded my biography and my academy records.Why would they want that?"

Andros thought a moment. "Well you are the supreme commander of the Republic fleet. You've engaged in major battles that have decided the major course of the galaxy. It seems more like a know the enemy ploy." He went back to looking at the data. "However that code thing bothers me."

"I wouldn't want the Admiral to suspect me of anything nor do I want to end up in the brig. I think it would be in all of our best interests if I spoke to the Admiral."

Jun-la didn't move as she watched the officer move his hands slowly to show that he wasn't armed. She was wary still but hid it well under politeness. "She does wish to speak with you. Are you extending cooperation?"

"Whatever's he's planning, it sounds like a massive gamble. Worst case scenario, he's going to need help."

Tonatius sighed. He said, "There is something different though. Not the Sith but Tavaryn. I know that he is the son of two Jedi but he doesn't tap into the Force at all unless he has to."

"Still brother, your girl has a point. You and I both know what we sense so maybe we should give a hand," Taryn replied as he caught up with them. He turned to Kalla, "I'll go with you but we need to be careful and not go charging in right?"

Murasaki held Alriana to prevent her from leaving. Sh esaid, "If he is in pain,let someone else go. You are in no condition to fight, unless..." Her gaze drifted towards the wyvern who was belowing in concern and in agitation. "Unless we do a rescue mission. From the looks of things, the battle is almost won."

Murasaki then addressed Lenatha, "Can you stabilze the wrist enough so that she won't lose conciousness?"

Tavaryn was exhausted from blood loss and the use of his powers. The adrenaline was the only thing keeping him on his feet as he blocked with his sword. At one point he managed to grab Kage's wrist and severed the lightsaber rendering it ineffective.

Kage tossed it away and drew out his own sword. He attacked with ferocity. The clang of the metal was resounding and sparks flew on occassion. Tavaryn used his left arm as a guard since it was useless to maintain a sword in the hand. He thrust with his sword in rapid succession and succeeded in making a deep cut across the shoulder.

The blood was flowing freely and Kage threw lightning at Tavaryn while charging. The combined attack allowed him to get a deep slash across Tavaryn's chest though mostly in the right shoulder, knocking him over. Kage saw that his army was retreating. Time to play with the Avalonian another day. As Tavaryn sat up clutching his shoulder and glared at Kage, the Sith threw a small blade that was aimed forhis head.

Tavaryn moved and the blade struck the downed speeder that he was leaned against. He looked at it and then in the direction that the Sith had gone but it was like he had vanished into the smoke. He breathed heavily and leaned against the speeder, not sure if it was a good idea to move.

Meanwhile Kage was making his way back to the ship he had hiding in the forest. He was followed by Aiden. He veeredon him with the intent to kill but Aiden but paused. He saw hatred in the warrior's eyes and liked it. "Come,' was all he said. He sent to his master, Milord, our battle is ending and soldiers are lost. Have you gotten what we came for?"

Governor Starlighter watched the enemy being decimated by their artillery and the commandeered AT-AT. She said, "Admiral Garja, this battle is won. Have Jedi Komad and Tiye make prisoners of those that they capture. And have that commandeered AT-AT fire on the enemy dropships."

She then turned to make her way down the stairs of the fortress. She walked towards the river where her daughter was and asked, "Are you alright my daughter, Andorra?"

Archived