Home

Phelps-1 Common Decency -0

Totenkopf

I don't really see why piciting funerals isn't just made illegal... Skirts the whole free speech aspect.

Because the law itself would most likely be unconstitutional as it restricts someone’s right to free speech.

Guess we could make a constitutional amendment forbidding protest at funerals, but we can’t even agree on where ground zero ends. There is no way we would get Congress and then 38 states to agree before Westbro has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Basically, it's because then it would set precedent for someone to decide what people can and can't protest on public land. I am not personally willing to allow any of the ideological crazies in charge of the government that ability, even if it does have the unfortunate result that things like this happen occasionally.

Basically, it's because then it would set precedent for someone to decide what people can and can't protest on public land. I am not personally willing to allow any of the ideological crazies in charge of the government that ability, even if it does have the unfortunate result that things like this happen occasionally.

Agree. As much as I dislike WBC and their ilk, I'd rather put up with them than risk someone deciding what free speech really means.

This makes me want to join the group that lines the funeral route to protect the family from ever seeing the Westho people.

At least the Supreme court said that nothing in their decision would prevent municipalities from putting some limits on their protesting, such as allowing them no closer than 1000 feet to a funeral procession.

^Not only that, radical religious groups like Westbro would love for anybody to verbally threaten them, or actually do physically harm to them. This way they could come off looking like the victims and be the innocent "poor me" type, while shoveling the "hey were the good guys and look what they did to us, that proves it" to the public.

The best thing to do is a anti protest against this church. You could even push their religious buttons with accusations such as: all of them being possessed and one of their members being the antichrist as I joked about earlier in this thread.

Fight fire with fire I say. :devburn:

Samuel and Purifier: LIGHTEN THE EFF UP! It was a joke!

While I despise them I have no intention of shooting, maiming, or in any way attacking them physically. They are like the KKK. I have no respect for them whatsoever, but if they want to go and protest, fine. I am however happy that there are groups like "Angel Wings" that use peaceful methods to prevent the grieving families from seeing them. Granted, if I saw someone beating the "pastor" within an inch of his life, I MIGHT just develop amnesia.

And please note that they are barely associated with religion. Their financial structure is wholly supported by litigation. They sue people who attack them. They are like those people who slip and fall in the stores to get money from the store. They don't care about your accusations about them being possessed and being the antichrist. Because frankly they are less about religion and more about tricking people into attacking them.

And sometimes the best way to fight fire is with a liberal application of water. In this case the water is the "Angel Wings" team(also called "Angel Action"). What they do is the following:

Construct a set of large wings roughly 8 feet by 10 feet

Stand as a living wall between the WBC and the mourners

Do not talk to antagonize or otherwise engage the WBC members.

update02.jpg

Samuel and Purifier: LIGHTEN THE EFF UP! It was a joke!

Lol. Don't really care about anybody's jokes doing these people any harm TC, I was just pointing a few things out that some MIGHT wanna consider if any were really serious. Otherwise I could really give a flying (you know what) what happens to the WBC. :D

While I despise them I have no intention of shooting, maiming, or in any way attacking them physically. They are like the KKK. I have no respect for them whatsoever, but if they want to go and protest, fine. I am however happy that there are groups like "Angel Wings" that use peaceful methods to prevent the grieving families from seeing them. Granted, if I saw someone beating the "pastor" within an inch of his life, I MIGHT just develop amnesia.

That is completely understandable and I can see your point of view on this. Mine is about the same.

And please note that they are barely associated with religion. Their financial structure is wholly supported by litigation. They sue people who attack them. They are like those people who slip and fall in the stores to get money from the store. They don't care about your accusations about them being possessed and being the antichrist. Because frankly they are less about religion and more about tricking people into attacking them.

Well that was just a suggestion, probably a lousy suggestion on my part, but I was just putting that out there as an example. I didn't know about the "Angel Wings" group, or I probably wouldn't have made any suggestions in the first place.

And sometimes the best way to fight fire is with a liberal application of water. In this case the water is the "Angel Wings" team(also called "Angel Action"). What they do is the following:

Construct a set of large wings roughly 8 feet by 10 feet

Stand as a living wall between the WBC and the mourners

Do not talk to antagonize or otherwise engage the WBC members.

update02.jpg

Awesome! Now all they need to do is figure out a way to drown out the WBC's voices during their protests. ;)

There was also a group of bikers that were going to the funerals and using their motorcycles to drown out these Westboro clowns...the name of the group escapes me at the moment though.

Patriot Guard Riders is one, but most bikers I know are happy to donate their straight pipes to effectively silence WBC.

You know it's bad when even hardcore bikers think you have no class.

And I'm 115.99999999999999999999% positive I'm just perpetuating his same sarcasm. If you haven't noticed, Sabre and I run together in the shenanigans business.

To any and all that think I'm serious about going and beating the westborogh numbskulls down unprovoked, read the first line of post#39 primarily directed at sam D. because this applies to you too.

Hey Sabrez, after we're done running over those hicks, what do you say we go get a bite to eat at the black market cannibalism cafe? My treat. :devsmoke:

And I'm 115.99999999999999999999% positive I'm just perpetuating his same sarcasm. If you haven't noticed, Sabre and I run together in the shenanigans business.

(My stake is 89.72%, by the way)

Hey Sabrez, after we're done running over those hicks, what do you say we go get a bite to eat at the black market cannibalism cafe? My treat. :devsmoke:

Only if we get to stop by Satanic Demon Pirate's for ice cream!

To any and all that think I'm serious about going and beating the westborogh numbskulls down unprovoked, read the first line of post#39 primarily directed at sam D. because this applies to you too.

I'm not kidding...I see nothing wrong with beating the living daylights out of those people even if they don't do anything to me.

Archived