Home

Newbiemodder's Mods - TSL

newbiemodder

Hello again.

Have a couple mods that am in the process of working on. Both are in the early stages, but since things have been kind of slow around here latel so I decided to put these out there.

I. Korriban Expansion Part II

For those who were kind enough to play my first mod, I thank you. This will be a little add-on to the first, not as extensive but will continue the story of Darth Poxus and his new apprentice...hopefully bring it to some kind of conclusion. He'll be seeking his revenge with the help of his new apprentice from the Kolto tank.

Here some screenies..

http://img851.imageshack.us/i/k2poxapp.jpg/

http://img856.imageshack.us/i/k2poxapp2.jpg/

II. For lack of a better title...Return of Yuthura

This one will be a little more extensive. Going with the assumption that Yuthura Ban was redeemed in K1 and had already left Dantooine prior to its attack by Malak. Not sure if Yuthara's redemption is canon, but she is an interesting character whom I think people would like to see again. You will assist her as she completes her quest and battles the forces of the Dark Side.

Most of the story will allow us to further explore Onderon...get us out of the city of Iziz. The Beast Riders will be more involved during the quest as will a couple of other new characters.

As far a modules...mostly reskins, as well as at least one of Quanon's modules that he release...I will reskin that as well, and one of my own.

Screenies..

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/k2yuthura.jpg/

Yuthara has just a basic robe on here...but I plan to change that to something more unique.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=712&pictureid=7807

That's all for now. Pretty vague I know, but more will come. Might not be for a while until I get some serious work done.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great work on The Korriban mod! It was really fun, just need to it up.

Some tips/suggestions to improve it though. You could *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

-For one, you could add some more dark side choices, but still fitting into the mod, it sort of bugged me that it was mostly Jedi choices in dialog, I would have liked to work with the Sith, would have been fun, or could make it as a "WHAT IF" mod.

-Maybe you could make some other, Planet Expansion mods. This one was really awesome and fun, and I would definantly would download and try helping you out with them!

If you need any help on these, just ask me! (no moddeling or hex editing though, please.)

-Maybe you could make some other, Planet Expansion mods. This one was really awesome and fun, and I would definantly would download and try helping you out with them!

Thanks VO...my Yuthura mod will basically be an Onderon Expansion....I may take you up on your offer..

• 1 month later...

Just a little update. Here are a few pics of my new Onderon module. It's a reskin. This will be just another part of the city of Iziz to explore. Currently in the process of filling with characters, dialogs, etc.

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8186

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8187

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8188

Wonder if anyone would be interested in doing a store/merchant for me. You know coming up with the dialog, the goods, etc....I can do it, but just looking for a little time saver. PM me if you are interested. Thx

A reskin of WHAT, exactly? That looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

M478. Specifically, the area which was originally going to be the HK Factory (before that got moved and later scrapped), and was later turned into the environmental section, if I'm right. But it's very hard to tell - even I took a while to work it out. Nicely done, newbiemodder. :D

Hello again.

II. For lack of a better title...Return of Yuthura

This one will be a little more extensive. Going with the assumption that Yuthura Ban was redeemed in K1 and had already left Dantooine prior to its attack by Malak. Not sure if Yuthara's redemption is canon, but she is an interesting character whom I think people would like to see again. You will assist her as she completes her quest and battles the forces of the Dark Side.

I've got a suggestion, a question, and a (perhaps odd) request. For your Yuthura Ban mod, would it not make the most sense if it was only open to folks that chose the backstory for a light sided Revan (either male of female)? It wouldn't make much sense if bad guy Revan redeemed her IMHO.

Will your mod acknowledge any of the things that happened in TimBob's The Redemption of Yuthura Ban mod?

I have an "out there" suggestion for whomever voices your Yuthura Ban. Suggest to her that she also redo all of the lines that were said by that character in K1 as well. Might be nice as a small bonus add-on to your mod package and it will also allow you to sidestep the folks that might complain that she doesn't sound just like the original voice actress. Bad idea?

I've got a suggestion, a question, and a (perhaps odd) request. For your Yuthura Ban mod, would it not make the most sense if it was only open to folks that chose the backstory for a light sided Revan (either male of female)? It wouldn't make much sense if bad guy Revan redeemed her IMHO.

Will your mod acknowledge any of the things that happened in TimBob's The Redemption of Yuthura Ban mod?

I have an "out there" suggestion for whomever voices your Yuthura Ban. Suggest to her that she also redo all of the lines that were said by that character in K1 as well. Might be nice as a small bonus add-on to your mod package and it will also allow you to sidestep the folks that might complain that she doesn't sound just like the original voice actress. Bad idea?

Ah, my old friend Sith_Holocron....always trying to make me work more.

In regards to your suggestions: 1) The mod is based on the assumption that Revan helped redeem her...this topic will not be addressed in the mod. I don't know how I could restrict it to players. Don't forget this is for TSL not K1. 2) I have not played TB's Yuthura recruitment mod, so no. Shouldn't really matter, though, nothing from K1 will really be addressed. The backstory of Yuthura is really created by the players themselves. 3) Going back and redoing K1 Yuthura voice files = :loco:

And before you ask...yes it will be compatable with TSLRCM :)

Ah, my old friend Sith_Holocron....always trying to make me work more.

In regards to your suggestions: 1) The mod is based on the assumption that Revan helped redeem her...this topic will not be addressed in the mod. I don't know how I could restrict it to players. Don't forget this is for TSL not K1.

When the player first meets Atton, you determine the gender and whether the playthrough of the fiurst game was LS or DS through conversational choices. If you click that Revan was dark sided, would it not make sense that you couldn't play your mod - concerning a redeemed Yuthura, at least.

When the player first meets Atton, you determine the gender and whether the playthrough of the fiurst game was LS or DS through conversational choices. If you click that Revan was dark sided, would it not make sense that you couldn't play your mod - concerning a redeemed Yuthura, at least.

That makes sense actually.....good call.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys - Just a little update before the 4th of July holiday...this is for the Onderon Expansion/Yuthura mod. Making some pretty good progress, seems to be coming together nicely...

Here are some random pics:

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8309

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8310

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8311

For all those celebrating Independence Day this weekend, be safe and don't do anything stupid.

Archived