Home

Newbiemodder's Mods - TSL

newbiemodder

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, your skins are unreal o.O

Thanks. It's probably one of my favorite parts of modding...reskinning modules to make new areas. I don't know why though, it's a long boring tedious process especially if reskinning an entire module.

I think he merged the archive from dantooine into this.

The picture you are referring to is the Hall of Records. I reskinned a couple of rooms from 852NIH. The shelves are custom placeables I made, but used the bookcase .tga from Dantooine for the skin.

do you need any help with the mod?

Not at the current moment. However I may call for help when vo's need to be done or maybe some random small skin or something. Thanks for the offer.

Holy cow. Those are some pretty neat reskins, newbiemodder. Why is your name "newbiemodder"? You should request a name change to "ubermodder". :xp:

I especially like the new Jekk'Jekk Tarr module. Maybe it's because that module isn't the target of many reskin attempts. It looks much different. I couldn't even tell which module it was until I took a look at the minimap. Might even want to do some changes to the map to give it even more originality and REALLY sell it as a new module. ;)

Great progress! Keep up the good work and resolve! :thmbup1:

Holy cow. Those are some pretty neat reskins, newbiemodder. Why is your name "newbiemodder"? You should request a name change to "ubermodder". :xp:

I especially like the new Jekk'Jekk Tarr module. Maybe it's because that module isn't the target of many reskin attempts. It looks much different. I couldn't even tell which module it was until I took a look at the minimap. Might even want to do some changes to the map to give it even more originality and REALLY sell it as a new module. ;)

Great progress! Keep up the good work and resolve! :thmbup1:

Wow, that is the Jekk'Jekk Tarr? I did'nt even realize. Nice reskin :thmbup1:

• 1 month later...

Hey all, just a little update for you to let you know I am still working. Mod is progressing nicely. Must be getting better at this stuff because it doesn't nearly take as long as it used to. Currently stuck on some dialog parts, but will get them worked out.

Here are some pics.

Yuthura

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8429

This part of the mod is part of the jungle, so I am reusing Dxun as many modders before me have. There is not a lot of options...so the best could do is turn off the rain, turn down the 'fog' effect, change the ambient color tones slightly, added a few trees..to try to give it a different feel. Not much of a 'wow' factor with these

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8428

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8426

Some other random pics:

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8427

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8425

This next module is one of Quanon's..not much done with it yet but will be shortly. I think it fits nicely into the jungle scene

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8430

Will also be using a couple more of Quanon's donated modules. Those will require some work though. Plan on reskinning them and adding some stuff to make it less Korriban and more Onderon 'jungle'. That will definitely slow my progress down.

Thx

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update.

I've started on some of the modules that Quanon so kindly donated to the community. I've included a small cutscene. This particular cutscene is the exterior of the Shatoon Monastery on Onderon. I found a small reference to it in Wookieapedia and thought Quanon's Exar Khun module could be used for it.

The wookeiapedia info can be found here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatoon_Monastery

I didn't have to reskin too much. Mainly the building itself and I changed the mud for the water to give it a more peaceful look. I also excluded some of Quanon's sith statues.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Hope you like.

Been kind of busy lately...just finished reskinning and organizing Quanon's korriban ruin city module. Gave it an Onderon jungle feeling. Added a few trees to the surrounding area, may add some more.

This module will serve as the ancient Kira Fortress, which you can find in Wookieapedia.

Screenies:

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8491

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8490

picture.php?albumid=746&pictureid=8489

Will be adding all the placeables, people, dialog, etc. soon.

Archived