Home

Lego Monkey Island-themed speederbikes!

Admonisher

• 3 weeks later...

Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related. At all. I love both. The first was responsible for much of the entertainment in my first 10 years, the latter for the next 10. But I've never ever thought to myself, hey you know what we need is Lego Monkey Island. It's just a kind of cheap & trashy marketing ploy. What's next? Grim Fandango Pokemon? It's stupid and the characters look like the 3D game versions with their stupid unnatural 3D hair, which I hate more than Osama Bin Laden :)

Reminds me a bit of the Lego Melee Island someone created -- you can see the photos here.

@Snugglecakes: Is it just the idea of lego being used for a license, then? Because they've been doing that for a long time! And properly commercial was well, whilst this is just some fan.

Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related.

And I don't see how Lego and spaceships, or Lego and castles are in any way related, yet it didn't stop me from building a ton of them when I was a kid. Lego doesn't really have a storyline or characters, so it's not some bull**** crossover.

It can't really be a cheap marketing ploy if it's not done by, or with any funds from, a company...

Aah I just don't see how Lego and Monkey Island are in any way related. At all. I love both. The first was responsible for much of the entertainment in my first 10 years, the latter for the next 10. But I've never ever thought to myself, hey you know what we need is Lego Monkey Island. It's just a kind of cheap & trashy marketing ploy. What's next? Grim Fandango Pokemon? It's stupid and the characters look like the 3D game versions with their stupid unnatural 3D hair, which I hate more than Osama Bin Laden :)

You bloody misery. :p It's just a fun piece of fan art, it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing or anything like that. As a fan of Lego and a fan of Monkey Island I find it quite cute and cool.

You bloody misery. :p It's just a fun piece of fan art, it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing or anything like that. As a fan of Lego and a fan of Monkey Island I find it quite cute and cool.

Haha! Ok fine, I probably am... I think it's more the fact that they are speeder bikes with Monkey Island branding than the fact that they are lego. I guess it could be fun to build some Monkey Island locations using Lego, or some Star Wars locations for that matter. But... yes it's the speeder bikes thing that grates me, and the Lego computer games, which may even be quite good but I still can't get my head around computer games based on Lego. This is the same as my dislike of modern retro cars like the Mini and VW Beetle and Fiat 500. Move on people! All those cars were great in their day, and if you loved them so much then buy an old one and lovingly restore it. But a modern version of them? Nah it's totally missing the point.

It may be a lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm bored.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived