Home

JA Continuation idea!

Flatfire

I was thinking, since there are no current plans for another JK game then why not continue the game ourselves. We could create a major collaberoration of levels and other things to continue where the story left off. I think the thing people would most want i the continuation of the dark side option. It would stick you back in Katarn's shoes as he hunts down Jaden. OR You could be Jaden and get imaginative with the storyline. A lot of effort woul be required like Voice overs for the main characters. Other enemies and thing's sounds can be reused from outcast and academy. (I like the imperial officer's voices better from outcast) There wouldn't be much need for new models. Textures could be mixed from outcast and ja as well as created. And the levels could be put together using GTK Radient. New effects would be unneeded so it would probably work.

It's only an idea but i think it would work.:thmbup1:

Lots of people have thought and proposed things like this. It turns out it's a lot more work than you might think, not to mention several people on a team all have different ideas on where a story should go and may not want to be unified under a leaders direction.

That said, I'm always up for seeing what people can put out as mods, so if you get some people and start, make sure to update everyone on your progress :)

• 2 months later...

i think it would be pretty sweet to have a jedi-knight-esque game (same engine, gameplay, controls, etc, etc,) but with a totally new storyline, for example: approximately 25,000 BBY when the Jedi Order is first being founded on Ossus, and you ultimately choose between the Unifying Force or the Living Force to guide you on your path to enlightenment or something like that. and instead of advanced lightsabers, the players would use those steel swords augmented by the force used at that time. (wookiepedia it) THAT would be sweet.

Archived