Home

Deceived Novel Released Today

News

• 4 weeks later...

I have finished this novel. My initial response...Malgus' character is dynamic throughout the story. Constantly changing. I am lead to wonder about his upbringing as well as his origins. He loves his violet skinned Twi'Lek Servant more like a wife than a servant. This does not go unnoticed by the other Sith, however.

Also, the siege on the Jedi Temple is a little different than the "Decieved" Trailer. Rather than his Narrative ending with "You...were decieved, and now your Republic shall fall", he says to Master Zallow "It's all going to burn".

He is a dynamic character precariously held in the balance. Make no mistake, although he serves his empire, he has his own vision and lives for war and conflict.

Story wise it shows the rivalry you would expect from sith lords in an inner-structural inner-circle political sense. This won't be the last time I say this: Malgus (as I predicted if for no other reason than his similarity to Vader) will in all likelihood be a pivotal character that you may end up recruiting regardless your mission/allegiance. I was sure of it before and now I am almost positive.

Whatever your choice, I am sure you will run into Malgus if you are a Jedi/Sith character.

Suffice it to say this much: This story also reveals the antecedent roots, and bloodline, of the Korr namesake (Jaden Korr, jedi knight academy). To an extent the origins of the Xizor name (Like Prince Xizor, though not his family) also are revealed.

Any Carth fans out there might want to get this novel--I think FemRevXCarth fans would like it. I'll have more in my Review. ;):naughty:

Read it on release, pretty solid story, like the recount of the deceived trailer, and as GTA said, Malgus is an interesting Character.

To be Honest. the only things I can say I dislike is, the auther uses a lot of real world words for certain things, eg: Hospital instead of medical center, cafe instead of tap-caf, and it kinda pulls me out of it... you know, like when he says "Malgus walks through the Hospital corridor" I imagine malgus walking through the set of scrubs lol... but thats just me I suppose.

Read it on release, pretty solid story, like the recount of the deceived trailer, and as GTA said, Malgus is an interesting Character.

To be Honest. the only things I can say I dislike is, the auther uses a lot of real world words for certain things, eg: Hospital instead of medical center, cafe instead of tap-caf, and it kinda pulls me out of it... you know, like when he says "Malgus walks through the Hospital corridor" I imagine malgus walking through the set of scrubs lol... but thats just me I suppose.

Interesting, I have the opposite problem w/ a lot of sci-fi stuff. They go overboard on making new names for basic things. It always feels to me like an author's trying to avoid actually making the setting distinct from the real world, just creating illusory differences by making up a more 'outer space' sounding word for 'chair'.

Archived