Home

costum sound

DarthJMG2003

well here is my problem, i am trying to play a costum sound, everytime i trigger a trigger_multiple, but i can´t make this work, i put this command in the properties window in GktRadiant 1.4.0:

noise

sound/duel1/open.wav

I even tried with the same file only in mp3 format and i can´t make this work, any thoughs would be nice, maybe i am typing something wrong, my pk3 has the file and is in the base directory...

Thanks in advance...

is you mp3/wav in the correct audio format? I'm pretty sure the engine only supports sampling rates of 11k and 22k. Also, I don't recall the keys used for sound offhand, but are you sure this is correct? The game probably throws some error message in game when you pass through the trigger, be sure to check for that in console. No error means I would bet the entity key is wrong.

is you mp3/wav in the correct audio format? I'm pretty sure the engine only supports sampling rates of 11k and 22k. Also, I don't recall the keys used for sound offhand, but are you sure this is correct? The game probably throws some error message in game when you pass through the trigger, be sure to check for that in console. No error means I would bet the entity key is wrong.

Well it doesn appear any error message in the console, i tried putting the command like this

noise

sound\duel1\open.wav

But no luck...

For the way it looks, i am stuck, i can imagine what is wrong.

• 2 months later...

Archived