Home

Capitalism killed Mars.....

Totenkopf

I'm pretty sure the entire U.S. economy can't be boiled down to the military-industrial complex.

At the moment, no. Give it a few more years. :D

No, you're very right. I just dislike the label of capitalism to our economy. Capitalism means competition, and our regulations oppose competition in all the wrong places and rarely of the right ones.

When people get tired of bashing him as customary, maybe then they can get what he meant by "maybe capitalism arrived there, imperialism arrived and finished off the planet". He never said there was life there, nor that it actually ended by a capitalistic cataclysm of some sort. He has a project and exactly because he manages to piss some powerful people with it, he's labeled a lunatic.

The media surely enjoys transforming the guy into a sack of laughs.

It's still a ridiculous and stupid thing to say. Are you saying I need to be taken seriously as long as I preface an absurd statement with a maybe?

Maybe Humanity is actually from a planet called Djren, but were exiled when our forebears committed crimes against the Djrenian Government and were forced to flee across the universe, finally settling on a small planet called Earth and exterminating the current dominant race, the sentient Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The difference between his and your sentence is that he actually meant something by it. He demonizes a system and uses would-be life on Mars as some kind of metaphor to reinforce this idea. The fact that it was enough to warrant a whole article - which completely ignores what he's actually saying - about it says a lot about where the media stands towards him.

The difference between his and your sentence is that he actually meant something by it. He demonizes a system and uses would-be life on Mars as some kind of metaphor to reinforce this idea. The fact that it was enough to warrant a whole article - which completely ignores what he's actually saying - about it says a lot about where the media stands towards him.

Or maybe it's an act so that the rest of the West won't take him seriously when he does things like seize property and possessions for his little fiefdom, as he did with some missionaries we were supporting (seized the building they were thinking of buying for a church, seized the plane the missionaries OWNED to fly medicines and food to interior native tribes, and made up a ridiculous story about them running an illegal drug operation). He's been doing this systematically for a number of years now. People who disagree with him suddenly find their property gone, or the people just 'disappear'.

The guy is either bat-sh*t crazy, or brilliant in making the world think he's bat-sh*t crazy so he can cover up the crimes he's committing building his dictatorship.

The guy is either bat-sh*t crazy, or brilliant in making the world think he's bat-sh*t crazy so he can cover up the crimes he's committing building his dictatorship.

I'm going with a little from Column A and a little from Column B.

Or maybe he's really a Malkavian wearing a lot of sunblock.

Archived