Home

Lightsabers

Sp!ker

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ DarthJacen: I think Uncle George has much better things to do with his time than hunt down someone who is neither his worst critic nor his most valued critic, who posts on a game forum [this one] not officially a part of LucasArts or LucasFilms.

Though I must admit I am flattered you'd think he'd give me the time of day. :)

Canonically, the Exile had brown hair, brown eyes (iirc) a cyan lightsaber

Again, according to whom? Maybe provide a link to who said this. Get me that link to who said it and I might believe you depending who said it. Until then:

and was light-side aligned. Also she was a girl.

These are the only definitive things about the exile thus far. Until the Revan Novel.

<snip>

Either way, George Lucas admits to allowing EU-canon into his canon.

Then he cannot complain about something (like the inclusion of yellow blades) he allowed and expect it to fly very far. As it is he already comes across as somewhat pat and more into profits, if only slightly so. At least he made a wise decision in letting EA do what it does best.

He always searches around and allows it into Star Wars (Aayla Secura, General Grievous etc.)
Yes. I call it skimming the public trough for ideas. Great for getting out of a creativity bind when you get writers' block. :D

and you gotta remember that this IS 3,500 years BBY.
I think anyone here is already fully aware of that and the other details. ;)

You're quite annoying, do you know that?

Am I, now? Okay then how's this? smiley_smug.gif

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

No, he's right, you need to show your sources when you make claims. That's, just, standard.

Thank you. Though I do enjoy being annoying. :dev11: Wanna find out HOW annoying? :dev9::lol: /reply

Now...

Exilefemale2.jpg

<sigh> I thought that's what was being referenced. Master Finch, do not take this personally: Unfortunately that doesn't count as an official canon source, at least any more than if I were the editor of that article and to have put a pic of my female exile jedi weapons master wielding 2 silver blades in there. :) I would like official clarification. The only thing we have clarified so far is of her gender and alignment. Female, light side.

If anyone is interested, I have found some perhaps updated material but unfortunately cannot find the origin of the cinematic used within Torment Gamings TOR guild promo. (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

As you can see, the hooded Dark Jedi in possession of an HK series droid is on what at least 'appears' to be tattooine (given climate and building architecture) and pause at about 0:22, you'll see the ebon hawk is initially captured onscreen.

This might be evidence that the Droid is HK-47. If so, then one could reasonably speculate that the Dark Jedi is Revan, but there is nothing official confirming this. For all we know it could just have been prematurely thrown together simply to generate interest in the game. (The comic threat of peace shows a different version of Satele Shan, for example, than what we saw in the Hope cinematic trailer).

I'll divert for a moment: There is no confirmation as yet (that I know of) who this Dark Jedi actually is (except that he and the droid are seen on the initial cover art for the confirmation announcement of SWTOR), but the HK droid looks identical to HK-47.

I am not going to say this was the same HK-47 but the coincidences are hard to ignore. Then of course in a trailer released late last year:

As we all know HK-47 was taught the term "meatbag" by Revan himself. This IS the HK-47 you're looking for. At the end of TSL the Exile had possession of HK-47. Now 300 years later the droid is found in a complex Revan built holding his secrets. So the droid came back into Revan's possession at some point and this proves it.

So back to the the first trailer, the Dark Jedi is walking towards someone or something. Waves a "hold" command to the droid. Next scene we see him locking blades with someone else wielding a blue lightsaber.

This is a bit speculative, I must admit. I'm not sure I like it either, personally. :D

Long story short: Suppose if the Dark Jedi were to be Revan, then the only other thing we would have to go off of as to who he is fighting, evidence wise, is the Vision of Revan in Ludo Kressh's tomb, which the Exile had to fight. If that vision in the tomb was a representation of the future to come, or at least was a present representation at that time of their power if they were to fight, does that not imply something? Maybe that this other person is the Exile perhaps?

So this SWTOR teaser cinematic may (OR may NOT) be evidence that the Exile in fact wielded a blue lighsaber--that we know of at that particular point in time. Afterall, the color of Revan's orignal lightsaber (or sabers) is still debatable, too. ;)

So before that, the Exile could have wielded a single cyan saber, or two silver sabers, maybe an orange blade with a short violet blade. Perhaps a double bladed red. However she had to have a single blade of an othodox color by this point by this point because that's the commandment of Uncle George allmighty who was involved with this project.

So.....Anything is possible.

We will have confirmation late this fall, though, when the novel "Revan" by Drew Karpyshyn is released and these details are fleshed out.

Thank you. Though I do enjoy being annoying. :dev11: Wanna find out HOW annoying? :dev9::lol: /reply

Now...

Exilefemale2.jpg

<sigh> I thought that's what was being referenced. Master Finch, do not take this personally: Unfortunately that doesn't count as an official canon source, at least any more than if I were the editor of that article and to have put a pic of my female exile jedi weapons master wielding 2 silver blades in there. :) I would like official clarification. The only thing we have clarified so far is of her gender and alignment. Female, light side.

If anyone is interested, I have found some perhaps updated material but unfortunately cannot find the origin of the cinematic used within Torment Gamings TOR guild promo. (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

As you can see, the hooded Dark Jedi in possession of an HK series droid is on what at least 'appears' to be tattooine (given climate and building architecture) and pause at about 0:22, you'll see the ebon hawk is initially captured onscreen.

This might be evidence that the Droid is HK-47. If so, then one could reasonably speculate that the Dark Jedi is Revan, but there is nothing official confirming this. For all we know it could just have been prematurely thrown together simply to generate interest in the game. (The comic threat of peace shows a different version of Satele Shan, for example, than what we saw in the Hope cinematic trailer).

I'll divert for a moment: There is no confirmation as yet (that I know of) who this Dark Jedi actually is (except that he and the droid are seen on the initial cover art for the confirmation announcement of SWTOR), but the HK droid looks identical to HK-47.

I am not going to say this was the same HK-47 but the coincidences are hard to ignore. Then of course in a trailer released late last year:

As we all know HK-47 was taught the term "meatbag" by Revan himself. This IS the HK-47 you're looking for. At the end of TSL the Exile had possession of HK-47. Now 300 years later the droid is found in a complex Revan built holding his secrets. So the droid came back into Revan's possession at some point and this proves it.

So back to the the first trailer, the Dark Jedi is walking towards someone or something. Waves a "hold" command to the droid. Next scene we see him locking blades with someone else wielding a blue lightsaber.

This is a bit speculative, I must admit. I'm not sure I like it either, personally. :D

Long story short: Suppose if the Dark Jedi were to be Revan, then the only other thing we would have to go off of as to who he is fighting, evidence wise, is the Vision of Revan in Ludo Kressh's tomb, which the Exile had to fight. If that vision in the tomb was a representation of the future to come, or at least was a present representation at that time of their power if they were to fight, does that not imply something? Maybe that this other person is the Exile perhaps?

So this SWTOR teaser cinematic may (OR may NOT) be evidence that the Exile in fact wielded a blue lighsaber--that we know of at that particular point in time. After all, the color of Revan's original lightsaber (or sabers) is still debatable, too. ;)

So before that, the Exile could have wielded a single cyan saber, or two silver sabers, maybe an orange blade with a short violet blade. Perhaps a double bladed red. However she had to have a single blade of an orthodox color by this point by this point because that's the commandment of Uncle George almighty who was involved with this project.

We will have confirmation late this fall, though, when the novel "Revan" by Drew Karpyshyn is released and these details are fleshed out.

This was a joy to read! You are so right about George, too! I, sure, hope this topic continues. This is fun! By the way, the TOR timeline has Revan using both a Sith red and a Jedi blue lightsaber, at separate times and together in the Mandalorian, and Jedi Civil War cinematics.

You're quite annoying, do you know that?

http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Exile

aaah crap! I wish you hadn't said that, you have no idea what you've started. :raise:

^^ This. I have *always* had an issue with the saber hilts and blades we have seen in TOR thusfar. It looks too.... cut and dry? The lightsabers in BioWare's KOTOR looked a kagillion times better than what's in TOR right now. And that game is what? 200 years old now? If it isn't broke, do not fix it.

[rant]I don't think the hilts are a problem. I mean, look at the ones in JKA!!! Those things are HUGE compared to TOR. Now, it's the BLADE I'm worried about. I mean, come on! Those don't even look like LIGHTSABERS!!! Now, if Bioware doesn't improve this, I will give up on them.(well, just the star wars games.)[/rant]

I think it depends on how you look at it. From my perspective those lightsabers that we've all seen in the games, you both mentioned, are from different SW time periods. So I look at this way, the lightsaber design could have changed over the years from K1 to JKA; they could of evolved over time in each SW period. Technology always evolves in the real world, look at the automobile as an example.

Ah yes. Lady Jim-Jim, anybody? :dev11:

King Lloyd-o-niedas... anybody?

@ DarthJacen: Yes I am actually relatively familiar with the timelines.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
402px-Jedi_Revan.jpg

As you saw on the novel cover, Revan wielded a green lightsaber. Drew K. has stated on his own website this novel covers the events that happened *after* KOTOR 1 and 2.

We have art of a typical representation:

Show spoiler
darthrevan-219x300.jpg

As we see here in the comics during the mandalorian wars, once Revan donned the mask, he raised his lightsaber, which at that point looked a sort of indigo color. Between violet and blue.

Show spoiler
RevanIsBorn-KotOR42.jpg

In the timelines Revan is seen fighting Mandalore the Ultimate. We all know it was hand to hand, but the TOR timeline has an interesting portrayal:

Show spoiler
MtheUvsRevan.jpg

I do know that in the timelines also, a redeemed Revan is portrayed in them as fighting malak with a blue saber (alongside Bastilla, not in the picture).

Show spoiler
malak-and-revan.jpg

Now while portrayals might not be 100% accurate, I wonder if they aren't hinting at something else. More on this in a sec.

Revan is the only one who could have picked up mantle of the force and heart of the guardian. Turquiose just off cyan, and a red orange, a slightest bit different than orange and bronze in TSL. I think these items given their rarity (and obviously *tremendous* value) would have been put into the vault of the Jedi order. That's just my opinion, but I really doubt we're going to find them in the loot of Revan's complex. However it is worth noting another comic book (Shadows and Light?) in a vision of one character it showed Malak dead at a masked Revan's foot. Behold:

Show spoiler
Shadows_and_Light.jpg

As we saw in the vision of Revan in KOTOR2:TSL he wielded violet and red.

Art:

Show spoiler
Darth_Revan.jpg

Real, partial capture:

Show spoiler
0.jpg

BTW In one of my photo albums here, I have a picture of a hand crafted silver lightsaber "prop" of my own IRL if you're interested to look.

Given that and the chosen appearance in the timelines, PMHC04 in the KOTOR game file, which is the long dark hair "jedi mullet" most closely resembling Anakin Skywalker, I'd say BioWare is going for a sort of Anakin Skywalker thing. (I chose the head because it most resembled me irl, long dark hair--that was in 2006!)

I have a theory on why they'd do that: Darth Malgus.

Hint: Descramble the name "Veradun", the birth name of Darth Malgus, and you get 3 possibilities.

1) nuVader: which to us in our timeline irl Malgus is sort of the new Vader for us.

2) unVader: maybe this is a hint of what to do if/when you confront Malgus. Don't kill him because there may be somebody under his Vader-ish exterior that even he isn't aware of (a subject of my current interest as we speak)

3) u d revan: You, Darth Revan?

Credit to Darth Hater and 'neantibi' for the following image:

Show spoiler
revan.jpg

The image on the right is from timeline #6, BEFORE Revan is brought up in #7-9. This particular image is shown just after Gnost Dural recites the Sith retaking Korriban (in further details on the Return cinematic as you know).

This image may not be the fully accurate portrayal of the individual in question, but the timing of its showing might imply it was shortly after the retaking of Korriban. Or I could be way off. Is it unreasonable that maybe Malgus went down onto the surface of Korriban to relish the victory in person?

I don't want to derail the thread anymore though. I am currently working on a video right now actually. I'll invite criticism. Would anyone like me to start a thread on it and treat you LF'ers to it before I put it up on YouTube?

I suppose there's a little something I could show you all right here though, but I warn you, you might not like it.

Show spoiler
I'm telling you, you really should think twice about it.

Show spoiler
Don't do it.

Show spoiler
I swear you're gonna be sorry.

Show spoiler
Turn back, while you still can.

Show spoiler
I mean it.

Show spoiler
Don't continue unless you want to know an ugly truth.

Show spoiler
I'm warning you.

Show spoiler
This is your last chance, seriously.

Show spoiler

Cool beans, eh?

Now...

Exilefemale2.jpg

So this SWTOR teaser cinematic may (OR may NOT) be evidence that the Exile in fact wielded a blue lighsaber--that we know of at that particular point in time. Afterall, the color of Revan's orignal lightsaber (or sabers) is still debatable, too. ;)

So before that, the Exile could have wielded a single cyan saber, or two silver sabers, maybe an orange blade with a short violet blade. Perhaps a double bladed red. However she had to have a single blade of an othodox color by this point by this point because that's the commandment of Uncle George allmighty who was involved with this project.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Complete_Star_Wars_Encyclopedia

It's generally believed that she was brown hair, cyan lightsaber. Like it's generally believed Revan is male (comics, etc.)

So y'know.

#1 for effort though.

Ah yes. Lady Jim-Jim, anybody? :dev11:

King Lloyd-o-niedas... anybody?

@ DarthJacen: Yes I am actually relatively familiar with the timelines.

Show spoiler
402px-Jedi_Revan.jpg

As you saw on the novel cover, Revan wielded a green lightsaber. Drew K. has stated on his own website this novel covers the events that happened *after* KOTOR 1 and 2.

We have art of a typical representation:

Show spoiler
darthrevan-219x300.jpg

As we see here in the comics during the mandalorian wars, once Revan donned the mask, he raised his lightsaber, which at that point looked a sort of indigo color. Between violet and blue.

Show spoiler
RevanIsBorn-KotOR42.jpg

In the timelines Revan is seen fighting Mandalore the Ultimate. We all know it was hand to hand, but the TOR timeline has an interesting portrayal:

Show spoiler
MtheUvsRevan.jpg

I do know that in the timelines also, a redeemed Revan is portrayed in them as fighting malak with a blue saber (alongside Bastilla, not in the picture).

Show spoiler
malak-and-revan.jpg

Now while portrayals might not be 100% accurate, I wonder if they aren't hinting at something else. More on this in a sec.

Revan is the only one who could have picked up mantle of the force and heart of the guardian. Turquiose just off cyan, and a red orange, a slightest bit different than orange and bronze in TSL. I think these items given their rarity (and obviously *tremendous* value) would have been put into the vault of the Jedi order. That's just my opinion, but I really doubt we're going to find them in the loot of Revan's complex. However it is worth noting another comic book (Shadows and Light?) in a vision of one character it showed Malak dead at a masked Revan's foot. Behold:

Show spoiler
Shadows_and_Light.jpg

As we saw in the vision of Revan in KOTOR2:TSL he wielded violet and red.

Art:

Show spoiler
Darth_Revan.jpg

Real, partial capture:

Show spoiler
0.jpg

BTW In one of my photo albums here, I have a picture of a hand crafted silver lightsaber "prop" of my own IRL if you're interested to look.

Given that and the chosen appearance in the timelines, PMHC04 in the KOTOR game file, which is the long dark hair "jedi mullet" most closely resembling Anakin Skywalker, I'd say BioWare is going for a sort of Anakin Skywalker thing. (I chose the head because it most resembled me irl, long dark hair--that was in 2006!)

I have a theory on why they'd do that: Darth Malgus.

Hint: Descramble the name "Veradun", the birth name of Darth Malgus, and you get 3 possibilities.

1) nuVader: which to us in our timeline irl Malgus is sort of the new Vader for us.

2) unVader: maybe this is a hint of what to do if/when you confront Malgus. Don't kill him because there may be somebody under his Vader-ish exterior that even he isn't aware of (a subject of my current interest as we speak)

3) u d revan: You, Darth Revan?

Credit to Darth Hater and 'neantibi' for the following image:

Show spoiler
revan.jpg

The image on the right is from timeline #6, BEFORE Revan is brought up in #7-9. This particular image is shown just after Gnost Dural recites the Sith retaking Korriban (in further details on the Return cinematic as you know).

This image may not be the fully accurate portrayal of the individual in question, but the timing of its showing might imply it was shortly after the retaking of Korriban. Or I could be way off. Is it unreasonable that maybe Malgus went down onto the surface of Korriban to relish the victory in person?

I don't want to derail the thread anymore though. I am currently working on a video right now actually. I'll invite criticism. Would anyone like me to start a thread on it and treat you LF'ers to it before I put it up on YouTube?

I suppose there's a little something I could show you all right here though, but I warn you, you might not like it.

[Ok fine, you win. Here it is! :D

Cool beans, eh?

They never did finish the timeline, though, I'm very disappointed. Anyway, I happen to think that Revan is long dead by the fall of Korriban, which was redepicted in the latest cinematic by Industrial Light and Magic. I have the wallpaper to prove it. I'm fairly certain that you are looking at Malgus' hood. Although, remember that the artist involved used a very similar art style throughout the timeline.

Better. :golfclap:

It's generally believedconfirmed that she had brown hair, cyan lightsaber.
Fixed.

No need to shy away now. :)

↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, By using File:Exilefemale2.jpg, a screenshot provided by a Wookieepedia user, the publishers of The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia have canonically established that the Jedi Exile's hair is brown

↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, By using File:Exilefemale2.jpg, a screenshot provided by a Wookieepedia user, the publishers of The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia have canonically established that the Jedi Exile used a cyan lightsaber

The links in that page and the link it took you another post to come up with were all you had to say. Still, we will see if Uncle George Allmighty hath decreed differently as per his archaic orthodoxy (personally I kind of hope not).

Like it's generally believed Revan is male (comics, etc.)
Whoa, whoa. Believed? Try confirmed. By Drew Karpyshyn himself.

So y'know #1 for effort though.

No no, I believe that prize goes to you. For putting your money where Red Foreman's foot is. Cheers mate! :D

=============================/reply

They never did finish the timeline, though, I'm very disappointed.
What are you talking about, unfinished? It has 12 parts and has been transcribed into a physical form for those who pre-ordered SWTOR. :confused:

Anyway, I happen to think that Revan is long dead by the fall of Korriban,

The Developer Walkthrough of Taral V would beg to differ:

Forward to 1:59.

"The darkness will consume all it touches. Stars will burn black, ashes raining on lifeless worlds. Everything ends. The prisoner holds the darkness at bay. Lost inside it for 300 years, his strength will fail, then he will become the darkenss."

Now it could just be me but isn't three-hundred years ago from this point when Revan left for the outer regions?

Also please explain what those sith were talking about with "reborn" in the Mysteries of Revan trailer I linked above. Seems to me they are leaving it ambiguous to somehow suggest Revan might still be alive. I am hoping for Revan to be nothing more than the cliche force ghost by this point as well but these two videos have shaken that.

You're welcome to try to shoot these down (that would certainly make me feel better). I'm not so certain anymore that Revan is long dead. While we're at it, how could a human emperor live for 1300+ years and still look about 25? (Ref: blood of the empire comic) Do you have any ideas? I certainly have one.

What I am getting at is that while Revan's original physical form is, in all likelihood, dead, this sith emperor has been using a certain power combined with a certain technique, pressing Revan (and for all we know the many other tortured servants of the empire) into service for lifetimes longer than is natural. I mean, do you really think what Sidious did to Bevel Lemelisk as punishment was a new idea of his time? The essence transfer power + clone/regenerate idea was very, very old by that time. Ancient.

which was redepicted in the latest cinematic by Industrial Light and Magic. I have the wallpaper to prove it.
Be my guest. Both counts.

I'm fairly certain that you are looking at Malgus' hood. Although, remember that the artist involved used a very similar art style throughout the timeline.

Compare this to when Malgus' back is turned on the decieved cinematic.

While I agree this is supposed to be depicting malgus, look again, more carefully:

676px-Sith_seize_Korriban.jpg

The hood is pulled back. Do you notice the red stripes on each side?

Look at the head closer and you'll see, what appears to be tatters on the left side are actually separate hair strands. The head is drawn and shaded in a manner grainy and fibrous like strands of hair. Just like their depictions of Revan in later videos. If it were a hood, the shading would be more flatly consistent like the cape. If you have friends in forensics, ask them to take a look at this. Image here.

Once you finally see what I am talking about: Why would they depict malgus like that if they weren't trying to suggest something?

They never finished the timeline. There are still seven slots left to fill. http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline

I'm going with the assumption that Revan is dead until proved otherwise.

It might be hair, but a side-by-side comparison with the Revan and this dark figure maybe similar, but I don't think they match. I do know a forensic artist, but he doesn't work for free. :)

By the way, I, hope, that the Duel of the Fates theme is in the game! :)

@ Finch. Hey, I decided even if I can't play the MMO, I'm in it for the storyline. I want to see this darn thing through. I'm glad you've joined on board. :D

They never finished the timeline. There are still seven slots left to fill. http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline
Does it not seem as though these may be already completed and they are waiting to be released during the game? There's probably time for just one more. Or the spaces may continue to remain blank indefinitely. Who knows?

I'm going with the assumption that Revan is dead until proved otherwise.

Disappointing. I was hoping you'd try to negate the videos. :) Guess I got my hopes up too high.

It might be hair, but a side-by-side comparison with the Revan and this dark figure maybe similar, but I don't think they match. I do know a forensic artist, but he doesn't work for free. :)

You couldn't just casually ask him with a picture in hand "is this a hood or hair?"

That's fine but you are, perhaps intentionally, missing the point: they threw that inconsistency in there. It is no accident.

By the way, I, hope, that the Duel of the Fates theme is in the game! :)

I think it will be. Didn't they say they were using various tracks from the movies and the games? At least they seem to have used it so far.

Objection: Speculation, your honor! Stick to the facts and let others draw the conclusions.

My other objection is hearsay! You can't used he said, she said this, when you're making an argument.

Again, you keep drawing conclusions that may come back to haunt you when the game comes out.

*coughs and puts on his best HK Droid voice*

Logical speculation: Perhaps I should remind you that no Human can survive decaying of the flesh for 300 years, not even one so attuned in "the Force" as Lord Revan himself.

*coughs*

P.S. You know canonically he returned to the Light Side, and was named the Prodigal Knight. It's in all the comics and stuff and the game and stuffness.

Back to topic, anyways.

The lightsabers (which I have been staring at for a while) are too.. roddy. Like the toy lightsabers, they're just too sort of physical. The lightsabers in the film are animated against live action, but the whole SW:TOR is animated in a sort of cartoony way so I think the lightsabers are made to fit in with that. But still, I think they should make it like the originally were - lightsabers, not swords - instead, and have the colours back to normal. (Royal blue for blue, purple for violet etc.).

Logical speculation: Perhaps I should remind you that no Human can survive decaying of the flesh for 300 years, not even one so attuned in "the Force" as Lord Revan himself.
There are ways. Remember that girl from the KotOR comics who survived for 4,000 years and eventually appeared in the Legacy comics? And in those Legacy comics, there's Darth Krayt who was well on his way to becoming 200 years old.

There are ways. Remember that girl from the KotOR comics who survived for 4,000 years and eventually appeared in the Legacy comics? And in those Legacy comics, there's Darth Krayt who was well on his way to becoming 200 years old.

With amazing manipulation of the Dark Side, maybe. Or.. cryogenic freezing. That seems pretty standard.

Just a friendly reminder, folks - if you're going to post, or even quote, multiple images, especially large images, PLEASE use the 'hidden' tags, otherwise it makes the thread both needlessly long and difficult to follow.

I lost track of what this thread was about on page 2 somewhere and gave up. lol

Archived