Home

Lightsabers

Sp!ker

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're quite annoying, do you know that?

http://www.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Exile

Don't encourage him. We recently got him his jester badge in a misguided effort to shut him up. :devsmoke:

As to the whole idea of whether Revan could exist 300 years later, between knowledge (jedi and/or sith) and the secrets of the Star Forge, why the hell not. Even Palpatine resorted to cloning to extend his mortal grip several thousand years later.

Can't believe I'm only seeing the Intro cinematic for the first time now...

You're a little behind. :)

Don't encourage him. We recently got him his jester badge in a misguided effort to shut him up. :devsmoke:

As to the whole idea of whether Revan could exist 300 years later, between knowledge (jedi and/or sith) and the secrets of the Star Forge, why the hell not. Even Palpatine resorted to cloning to extend his mortal grip several thousand years later.

Del Rey would beg to differ, in the Legacy of the Force book series Lumiya tells her soon to be new apprentice Jacen Solo that the Emperor ceased to be a Sith when he died initially. Everything else was unworthy of the title, in her opinion.

Del Rey would beg to differ, in the Legacy of the Force book series Lumiya tells her soon to be new apprentice Jacen Solo that the Emperor ceased to be a Sith when he died initially. Everything else was unworthy of the title, in her opinion.

One sith trash talking another......who'd a thunk it. :xp:

• 1 month later...

Just goin back to the actual point of this thread, the lightsabers.

10 Jedi stood in a room all smashing things with their light sabers...

Imagine the mess from your eyes if there was motion blur kicking off them all? I couldn't bare to look at that on my computer screen all day. Silly. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, let's bring this back to light-sabers.

Anyone buy any UltraSabers lightsabers in real life?

I decided I'm getting one of their "war glaive" lightsabers. Full options so that way I have sound AND easily interchangeable LED colors. As part of my costume for next year's conventions and halloween.

Colors available are red, green, blue, fire orange, silver, cyan, and just recently a violet color became available. Other LED colors exist elsewhere like amber/yellow, royal blue, light (seafoam-ish) green, warm white (yellow tint), soft white (pink/purple tint), and cool or cold white (blue-ish tint).

Ther are RGB options available.

Here's the basic overall design.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgpZQc7tsnLUS57V9tdWRqiZTgNp29amTD3K03vc6iRsaPql7kkc3PZsO33Q

I'll keep the "glaive" blades a chrome finish, but instead of a silver body, I'll have it be black instead:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Bq_zP9RAftismApFpMXUXV7wPTHKYpQrJm-TurqnT10idWJ8ODIleEOs

Ultrasabers and The Custom Saber Shop are among the more affordable sellers. Then you have others like Do-Clo custom sabers, I cannot comment on his because I have never bought anything from him BUT he gives alternative designed, fully machined saber handles at supposedly affordable prices.

Have not looked yet, but there is supposedly another maker out there who makes Kerian Halcyon's lightsaber.

Then you have your upper price ranged options from Advanced Light Waeponry (specializing in the weird, curvy and supposedly ergonomically balanced), and Genesis custom sabers. You really don't get any more elite than these two. Just look them up.

Also genesis custom sabers not only makes lightsabers, but USB holocrons. ($300--YIKES!)

Genesis is the only place that has made a lightsaber that is true to the novelization version of Darth Bane's lightsaber. Only 10 will ever be made, and you will turn green with envy when you see the price tag. However, the craftsmanship put into it is considerable. I'm not getting one, I don't even intend to try. I'd have to be a damn layer afford that.

This is for DarthJacen, so anyone else feel free to ignore this.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Objection: Speculation, your honor! Stick to the facts and let others draw the conclusions.

you forgot the appropriate HK tags. Doesn't matter though. You'll see why.

My other objection is hearsay! You can't used he said, she said this, when you're making an argument.

I was actually using the marketing point of view, implying that Bioware would not throw out a hint like they have if there wasn't something there, to get you excited only to find out he is long dead. Reason being, I just don't think lucasarts (who gives the ULTIMATE okay) would allow their credibility's leg to get humped by a dog of an anti-climactic story twist. :smirk2:

Again, you keep drawing conclusions that may come back to haunt you when the game comes out.

Actually, I was hoping (so badly you don't even KNOW) I was WRONG when I wrote that. To my relief I just found out I AM WRONG. :D :D :D

I had a crap ton of hints and coincidences between revan and malgus, only to find it was a wild goose chase. Testament to their storytelling abilities (I think I'm going to ask for dragon age 1 & 2 for christmas!).

I don't think I'm gonna be sorry I caved and preordered a collector's edition (being a collector of sorts plus having special goodies in game nobody else can get is a pretty nice perk, which I think even YOU can understand).

Check your PM box. Warning! spoilers abound!

Archived