Home

[HELP] Soundproof Mapping

Xile

I have a small issue that is holding me back greatly from releasing a map.

I'll try to get you a small visual of the map then describe my issue.

Below this image is my issue

provinggrounds.jpg

Lets try to just figure out issue#2 This image was used on another fourm with not help available =(

My goal is to have room B look into room A without the game thinking they are the same room. What is happening is when I walk the red line for issue#2 full sound from room A pours into room B. This includes Saber sounds, falling sounds, taunts, and of course the ambient noise.

I am really hoping that I can keep room B soundproof. PLEASE tell me this is possible.

Additional information that may help:

(edit) All of the brushes between B and A are "Structural Brushes" including the glass.

The hallway from A to B is open / no doors / areaportals.

From the "actual" room B to A there are no leaks (aside from above)

Sounds do not emit in the hallways between the two rooms (Good).

I am seriously hoping I can trick the game into thinking that these are two separate rooms and actually seperate them while allowing me to at the same time look into them. I have tried to do things such as place caulk brushes between the two rooms, but I am getting glitches no matter how I place it.

I have also tried editing shaders for "see through".

I have a feeling this isn't possible. Since being able to see a player, means you can hear the sounds from the player as well. As an alternative, you could have them as two different rooms, but in room A, place a camera where the window would be, and then in room B, display what the camera sees where the transparent window would be. I think this involves portal surfaces etc, but this should mean that sounds from one room don't leak into the other.

Archived