Home

LucasArts hires back dude who worked on Republic Commando

Sabretooth

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't own either of those yet for 360 because I haven't seen them being sold cheap enough yet to justify the purchase...
Speaking just to TFU2, I don't believe they will ever pay you to take it, so it will ever be cheap enough to justify the purchase.

Look at The Force Unleashed's total sales. I think LucasArts is trying to make money. :eek:

Look at the hype being generated around TOR.

I don't think the money > fans notion can be proven more clearly over the decision to make TOR over Kotor3. I personally would prefer a K3, but that's not the reason I'm saying this.

Just the whole thing - the way they're presenting it and the fact that it's an MMORPG.

I mean, is it just me or are they just ignoring us as fans and our requests for games, and instead releasing games, trying to make us think that the one they're making will be better? There wasn't really any overwhelming demand for a Star Wars Online game, and our expectations as fans was to expect a trilogy (as all things Star Wars come in).

I mean, is it just me or are they just ignoring us as fans and our requests for games, and instead releasing games, trying to make us think that the one they're making will be better? There wasn't really any overwhelming demand for a Star Wars Online game, and our expectations as fans was to expect a trilogy (as all things Star Wars come in).

There weren't any overwhelming demands for all the good original stuff LucasArts has pulled either - nobody demanded a KotOR or a Grim Fandango or a Jedi Knight. LA is not obligated to listen to its fans, and if it did, half the great games it has made wouldn't exist in the first place.

This thread and the "Star Wars needs to die" thread are pretty much the same deal... people just don't like the fact that a different audience is being focused on instead of them. It's more a case of the ice cream man supplying flavours that the other kids like but not the ones we like any more.

This thread and the "Star Wars needs to die" thread are pretty much the same deal... people just don't like the fact that a different audience is being focused on instead of them. It's more a case of the ice cream man supplying flavours that the other kids like but not the ones we like any more.

This. Invidiousness is just sad.

There weren't any overwhelming demands for all the good original stuff LucasArts has pulled either - nobody demanded a KotOR or a Grim Fandango or a Jedi Knight. LA is not obligated to listen to its fans, and if it did, half the great games it has made wouldn't exist in the first place.

Yeah, that's something I also thought about. The problem with making sequels of course, comes with the fact that they have to improve over the first game in order for them to be successful, and maybe - not saying this was the case - that was/is too much pressure for them. It's much easier to start up a new series and try something different, in that sense.

No, it's not quite there. :thmbup1: At least we're not debating the kiddyness of games..... yet

Yeah, but the reason we don't like the ice cream the ice cream man is offering is because it's a thin slathering of magic shell over sawdust and our broken dreams.

Something tells me you're gonna grow up to be one of those old fogeys sitting on the porch yelling at kids to get off "ya darn lawn" and complaining about how things aren't as good as they used to be in the olden days... XD

While this is true, if no one is making the flavor of ice cream you like any more, doesn't it make sense to not be happy about it?

Within reason of course. I'm seeing (and regrettably helping contribute to, in some cases) the precursors of long threads full of people complaining about decline.jpg. We probably want to avoid that.

In this case, I was referring mainly to Star Wars games of certain types, which is what a lot of people seem to be bemoaning a lack of. I can't really think of another company that makes Star Wars games.

Of course, there are plenty of other types of game I personally prefer anyway. Unfortunately for me, my favorite, RPGs with a ton of interesting choices and consequences (plenty of games offer the first, the second, not so much), are getting rarer and rarer. Still, they're not extinct, especially among Eastern European devs. I just need to wait until the demand for brown and gray gritty multiplayer manshoots quiets down a bit. I like a good manshoot, but there's only so much of the same one can handle.

I guess all we can really do is play the waiting game with LA. It' snot like they're going to listen to our personal grievances... don't get me wrong, I have a bone to pick with LA too, but I realise they're not exactly going to listen to me even if they could hear me to begin with.

As for other companies making Star Wars games... I thought that's what was happening these days XD I mean, LA is more of an overseer now than a developer.

I guess all we can really do is play the waiting game with LA. It' snot like they're going to listen to our personal grievances... don't get me wrong, I have a bone to pick with LA too, but I realise they're not exactly going to listen to me even if they could hear me to begin with.

We really should just give up at this point. If LA wants to steal all the potential their Star Wars license holds, and squander it on games for children, they will. What we hope for and want them to make isn't even an issue to them, and our pitiful demands won't make any difference to that.

Unnecessary entertainment products are serious business.

We really should just give up at this point. If LA wants to steal all the potential their Star Wars license holds, and squander it on games for children, they will. What we hope for and want them to make isn't even an issue to them, and our pitiful demands won't make any difference to that.

Unnecessary entertainment products are serious business.

:drop2:

Archived