Home

Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?

Taak Farst

Now, don't get me wrong, continue games in the star wars universe by all means.

But with actual video, it should have died with episode 3, and that would have been a nice death. They should have just put it to bed to join Yoda..

The Clone Wars + it's series has just ruined the whole thing really..and I haven't heard anything about the live action series they were doing in a while I hope to hell they scrap that.

But it's just like every other major saga. DIE WHEN THE SAGA FINISHES. e.g with harry potter! Why is it I can see, after the "final" film, a film or tv series based around Harry, Ron and Hermione's children? It's just too predictable nowadays..

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't like it, ignore it and let the people who enjoy it enjoy it.

Seriously, you don't HAVE to view all of the expanded universe material. If it's just the movies you want to focus on, then just focus on those... I know I do.

On the other hand, I do feel that if Lucas and friends want to keep captilising on Star Wars, they really do need to release something for me as well... and The Clone Wars isn't for me. If they did release things for me as well as The Clone Wars related material, etc that isn't for me, then I'd be happier than I am now.

At the moment the only Star Wars related things I have to look forward to are the Blu-ray release of the 6 movies and TOR... I guess that's good enough for now.

I was hoping for a good, well done and inspired TV series to attend to my Star Wars wirthdrawal (loathe for Clone Wars series here too). Seems to me the whole Clone Wars mania is getting more and more unpalatable for everyone and hopefully will die soon (wishful thinking).

I've seen Star Wars on life support after Return of the Jedi. Even bad Star Wars is better than half the junk Hollywood produces. So no, I don't want Star Wars to die.

Like Lynk wrote, if I don't like a Stars Wars games, books or TV shows, I ignore them. I see no reason why others should not get introduced to Star Wars because of my personal taste.

I was just messing, the petition says much welcomed, not me, I didn't write it, I dislike the Clone wars . And yea, calm down with the orders and assy tone, your new here, we try to be adults, but have a joke, dont be so serious

While i think that the Clone Wars are pretty pathetic and unnecessary i still have faith, that something good may come.

Not sure about the live action series though, sounds very "Highlander" to me, that's not a good thing btw.

The comedy with Seth Green seemed like the best idea imo.

I'm with the guys who say not to watch anything you don't like and let others enjoy things like The Clone Wars series. If we had successfully petitioned for Lucas to stop Star Wars from expanding, let's say after The Phantom Menace, we'd never have had things like the KotOR games or some of the enjoyable comic book series.

Let's take the good with the bad, and once in a while we'll get a gem like KotOR our way (although I'll admit it's been some time since something of the caliber of KotOR has come our way).

Eh, the animated Clone Wars series has been pretty well received. Besides, everybody knows that the goiter has taken over GL's brain, he is no longer in control of his own actions, which depending on perspective can be a good or bad thing.

The Clone Wars + it's series has just ruined the whole thing really..
In your opinion.

I enjoy TCW overall, some issues aside. But regardless, I fail to see how this one aspect of the Star Wars destroys the entire saga. It just sounds so melodramatic.

Then stop. Seriously, stick to the topic of your own thread, don't say one thing and mean something completely different.
[moderator mode] You can leave the moderating to us. Thanks. [/moderator mode]

@ OP: My roommate actually shares your opinion. I'd personally like to see more from the KOTOR-TSL era, but that's just me.
There are lots of things coming out for the Old Republic era, just as much of not more than any other era in recent times.

Well, with the clone wars, does it not seem like it's reaching to the newer generation? instead of loyal die hard Star wars fans? Because, no matter what anyone says, noone will convince me that the clone wars ISNT for children
Why are you separating the newer generation and die hard fans? Can't younger fans be just as die hard? Or dies "die hard" require you to think that Lucas "raped your childhood"? I think anyone here who knows me would put me in the die hard fan category, yet I enjoy TCW.

Is it aimed at a youonger audience? Of course it is. It makes no attempts to claim otherwise. And yet many people get mad that a show aimed at a younger audience is aimed at a younger audience. On top of that, many ignore the fact that there has been lots of recent SW aimed totally at an older audience. But whatever, TCW must be wrecking everything Star Wars because...wait, what?

The kiddiefying of Star Wars has been going on since RoTJ.
Again, I disagree with that seemingly common sentiment, Q. I think anyone would be hard pressed to make a list of SW stuff that has come out over the last few decades that showed that the majority of it was aimed at children.

Even in recent times, when apparently everything SW is kiddy, in my mind most mainstream things have been aimed at the traditional or even older SW fans. Republic, Legacy, KOTOR, Knight Errant comics, Clone Wars, post-ROTJ, and Old Republic novels, TFU and TOR games, etc. And yet the TCW and maybe a couple Lego games overrides all that?

Nonsense I say! :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone has to like TCW. But at least dislike it for legitimate reasons. I don't think the fact that it is aimed at a younger audience is a legitimate reason to say it sucks. Even that being said, I think there is a lot that an older SW fan can enjoy.

Two questions for the "haters", just out of curiosity. When was the last time you watched the show, and is the EU conflicts the biggest beef?

Archived