Home

Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?

Taak Farst

I've never agreed that Grievous was a Gary Stu, i was actually surprised by you calling him that, they've made it quite clear that Dooku could have him any time he wanted

Grievous, who could easily take out a bunch of Jedi (including masters of the Council) is not a Gary Stu. But Ahsoka, who hasn't won a single duel, is a Mary Sue. That's double standards.

Give me an example instead of telling me "you are wrong" that's all i'm saying...

An example of what? War? (Ryloth trilogy, Landing at Point Rain, etc...) Control of relevant systems? (Ambush, Rookies, Holocron Heist, ARC Troopers, Zillo Beast, etc...) Anakin going dark? (Brain Invaders, Mortis, etc...) Admit you're wrong, and next time, learn about the subject before enter on some discussion.

And you have yet to tell me how "Nothing happens in it!!!!", aswell as the rest of your post, since it's clearly not true.

Oh apparently i forgot to mention the episodes that the Jedi do random stuff that don't affect anything at all.

Like?

You very smart man.

Internet serious bussiness.

An I lying? I'm yet to discover why do I waste time with you.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Made her run off and c'ry like a b'aby, s'urely?

Funniest post I've read for a long while.

Also, Talifans originated from Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson, when they were defending their continuation of the Dune series. However, Karen Traviss, and anyone else who uses that word seriously, loses brain cells in the process.

edit: The thing that bothers me the most about Traviss is her attitude. I'm actually ok with most of what I've seen in her work, although she does overdo the Mandalorian-worship (as a feared warrior culture, it makes sense that they'd be tough bastards, but she makes even inexperienced ones and ones well past their prime out to be stronger than jedi) and jedi-hate (It's good to have people calling them and the Republic out for hypocrisy, but she seems to write all Jedi as insufferable pricks, with maybe two or three exceptions). I actually like the idea of Star Wars stories with less force-users, and there aren't many.

Also, Talifans originated from Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson, when they were defending their continuation of the Dune series. However, Karen Traviss, and anyone else who uses that word seriously, loses brain cells in the process.

I had never heard the term before, until she used it on that famed debate.

3 million clones has been the stated number in every work that's actually stated a number. Or should I say, the highest stated number. Even if the Clones actually number the highest reasonable amount - 1 unit equaling a Division of 15,000 and 1.2 million units coming up to 18 billion, it's still a horribly low number of clones for a galactic conflict.

Found this article funny.... They do contribute the 3 million to Traviss though. http://scifi.about.com/od/starwarsglossaryandfaq/a/Star-Wars-Faq-How-Many-Clone-Troopers-Are-There.htm

Grievous, who could easily take out a bunch of Jedi (including masters of the Council) is not a Gary Stu. But Ahsoka, who hasn't won a single duel, is a Mary Sue. That's double standards.

Grievous although a powerfull enemy is shown to be flawed, he's not good enough for Dooku, he is damaged and has to ran away from Mace (if you said that however that Mace is an unstoppable force of nature an quite overpowered i would have agreed with you), Grievous imo is just right scary but not all powerfull, instead of you know... being a joke.

Ahsoka is miss "i'm always right"

An example of what? War? (Ryloth trilogy, Landing at Point Rain, etc...) Control of relevant systems? (Ambush, Rookies, Holocron Heist, ARC Troopers, Zillo Beast, etc...) Anakin going dark? (Brain Invaders, Mortis, etc...) Admit you're wrong, and next time, learn about the subject before enter on some discussion.

And you have yet to tell me how "Nothing happens in it!!!!", aswell as the rest of your post, since it's clearly not true.

Oh good first season episodes, that's how long i've stuck around , Ambush (Yoda playing with those toy robots), Rookies (a bunch of brand new clones fooling those toy robots) still don't see how that qualify's as a war, i haven't seen a war in the Clone Wars and nothing chaged in the big picture so not so relevant systems.

Every once in a while i catch an episode, and nothing changed the war hasn't moved an inch in any direction, they are still doing the same stuff.

Say what you will, but the episode plot formula repeats itself a lot.

Like?

Ambush comes to mind, but really, any episode that has a Jedi stranded on a distant system(again a common theme), you seen to know the episodes names better than i do, so take your pick.

An I lying? I'm yet to discover why do I waste time with you.

So don't, but no need to be a smug internet warrior about it.

Fixed. :xp:

I meant the Ewoks series and comic books. Some of the crap that came out with makes Jar Jar positively sophisticated entertainment.

A little snippet of something out of Ewoks the series

Gonster was a sapient, humanoid creature with large, pointed ears, and two heads with wide mouths. He lived in the Twin Hills of the forest moon of Endor with his pet hoosha. The Two-headed Gonster used dried wank's hide in the creation of the magic cap, a magical hat that was used to trap the Raich in the form of a harmless tree.

The Clone Wars CG series are actually on the whole better than the prequel movies.

OK, this thread is actually making me want to check out TCW just to see how bad/good it really is. I wish Netflix would have it available for streaming, because I'd rather not clog up my rental queue with it.

Grievous although a powerfull enemy is shown to be flawed, he's not good enough for Dooku, he is damaged and has to ran away from Mace (if you said that however that Mace is an unstoppable force of nature an quite overpowered i would have agreed with you), Grievous imo is just right scary but not all powerfull, instead of you know... being a joke.

Ahsoka is miss "i'm always right"

"There are none so blind as those, that will not see."

Oh good first season episodes, that's how long i've stuck around , Ambush (Yoda playing with those toy robots),

Isn't the whole Genndy series Jedi playing with "those toy robots"? Why the double standards?

Rookies (a bunch of brand new clones fooling those toy robots) still don't see how that qualify's as a war,

Are you blind, or can't you read what I just wrote? I've written examples for each of your "criteria", and yet you seem to ignore what I wrote and create strawman to compensate your lack of argumentation. On Rookies they are denfending an Outpost from a relevant system. On Ambush, they are negotiating an allegiance of a relevant system. Do you still want to ignore the facts?

i haven't seen a war in the Clone Wars and nothing chaged in the big picture so not so relevant systems.

If you say that, then you haven't seen the series at all, and as such, you are playing a troll on this discussion. Watch the

Every once in a while i catch an episode, and nothing changed the war hasn't moved an inch in any direction, they are still doing the same stuff.

Watch the series and then come back with some real arguments. And with less double standards.

Say what you will, but the episode plot formula repeats itself a lot.

Say what you will, but it doesn't. See, I can use your lack of argumentation too. :rolleyes:

What did she call us? She made up some name for those who dislike her work. I can't recall now.

Talifan, a play on Taliban. In that context, at least.

I'm a "Tali"-fan :^:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=6093

---

As far as TCW.. seriously think people need to give it a second chance. If only for the last 2 seasons (or even just the Secrets Revealed current season).. I think you'd find out that A LOT of things have changed since the barf-worthy "Skyguy" rancor. Not so much super-kiddy filled anymore. It's more like "getting darker with kiddie sprinkles" nowadays ;)

Seriously looking like most of the anti-TCW debate is people who watched the first 1-2 episodes and stopped there. As far as the mundane episodes where "nothing gets accomplished". Well here's a bit of reality... in a series, you're going to have filler episodes. It's the way of TV. You can't have all-action like a movie that has to tell it's story in a limited time (unless you have hella-budget for trilogies).

Lucas has already stated he's going to produce at least 100 episodes regardless of ratings.. so yeah, expect filler. At least in TCW.. the filler either tells some historical backstory, or is used to flesh out characters (however minor they be).

I guess it's better to whine than to ignore the parts of the franchise that aren't really for you... Also, The Senate and Kavar's have ruined LFN forever :carms:

The fact that it took me even half a second to realize you did that on purpose fills me with self-loathing. I'm going to go ahead and blame my slowness on post-surgery painkillers.

I agree with you though. Although I do occasionally fall into the trap of "x ruined the franchise!", I try to avoid it (I was actually fine with the part of a Clone Wars episode I saw when taking care of a younger relative, but still don't watch, since I just don't care much about the era). Pick & Mix Canon is the way to go with SW, especially since no matter how much terrible stuff comes out, it doesn't hurt the chances of something good coming out, unlike the ruination of say, a video game series.

I didn't get it and I have no painkiller excuse. I thought Lynk was just being his usual annoying self. :D

Oh, you have an excuse...

Senility.jpg

Appropriate, considering the topic is people wanting to kill a franchise that only started when you were ~13 for going on too long and supposedly deteriorating in quality (unlike you I'm sure).

I was hoping for a good, well done and inspired TV series to attend to my Star Wars wirthdrawal (loathe for Clone Wars series here too). Seems to me the whole Clone Wars mania is getting more and more unpalatable for everyone and hopefully will die soon (wishful thinking).

This x10000.

I really wish George would one day wake up and go "I need to fix this".

That day he would declare that the prequels are not canon, that Han shot first, and that he would be now on an artistic path...rather than a monetary path.

But one can dream.

PS.

On that same day SOE would say "our bad" and replace NGE with CU or Pre-CU.

Archived