Home

Am I the only one who thinks Star Wars should die?

Taak Farst

The original Clone Wars series was awesome... the newer CG Clone Wars series... well it doesn't really make sense to me.

I know what you mean, the Tartakovsky(??) series was awesome.

And here is my legitimate reason, the Clone Wars are pathetic, and by that i mean the actual war in a GFFA, the galaxy wide conflict.

Nothing happens in it!!!! The Clone Wars (the series) is just Anakin, Obi-Wan, (insert random Jedi name) doing random stuff that never end up affecting the war in the big picture, no one important, be it in the good/bad side, ends up permanently affected, it never goes anywhere, bottom line, nothing happens that affects the war or the galaxy.

That series is just endless masturbation.

And yeah i haven't watched it in a while... thank god for that!!!

Jeez i got a little excited here lol

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This -is - a war where the Clones have, I believe the number is 3 million clones, while the CIS numbers in trillions of droid soldiers? When you've got people who think -that- makes any kind of sense, of course the Clone Wars comes off as retarded - nobody writing it has any concept of the kind of numbers needed to wage a world war, much less a galactic one.

This -is - a war where the Clones have, I believe the number is 3 million clones, while the CIS numbers in trillions of droid soldiers? When you've got people who think -that- makes any kind of sense, of course the Clone Wars comes off as retarded - nobody writing it has any concept of the kind of numbers needed to wage a world war, much less a galactic one.

The curse of Traviss strikes again.

There is no set number of Clones. There's been confusion over the actual number of Clones since Episode II, compounded by the Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic, and made worse by the fact that all the authors writing books straight after Episode II liked to pluck numbers from thin air.

To be honest, the kidifying of Star Wars started with A New Hope(in other words, it's always been kinda kiddy). There are some more adult themes, but lets face it, even in the first movie, it was relatively clean. Would you not let a child watch Star Wars: A New Hope? It's one of the few series that you could watch with the whole family.

Well, with the clone wars, does it not seem like it's reaching to the newer generation? instead of loyal die hard Star wars fans? Because, no matter what anyone says, noone will convince me that the clone wars ISNT for children

Star Wars movies are for children. Your point?

And someone got this thread right. It's all about "Star Wars should die because of The Clone Wars series". It's a bit sad that someone could be so selfish. But whatever...

Nothing happens in it!!!! The Clone Wars (the series) is just Anakin, Obi-Wan, (insert random Jedi name) doing random stuff that never end up affecting the war in the big picture, no one important, be it in the good/bad side, ends up permanently affected, it never goes anywhere, bottom line, nothing happens that affects the war or the galaxy.

And the Genndy' series did that since when?

And yeah i haven't watched it in a while... thank god for that!!!

Nothing like knowing what you're talking about... :rolleyes:

Star Wars is not for children. It's not -not- for children, but it's not kiddy, what with the war, implied incest, murder, torture, people having limbs chopped off, and so on.

Teletubbies is a kiddy movie. Star Wars are -family- movies. The kind you don't see much any more - I sure as hell wouldn't take my kid to see the Prequel Trilogy, he/she wouldn't need -that- perspective on romance.

Why are you linking to the petition if you disagree with it's premise?

Love for the Clone Wars is not its premise, just the personal opinion of the author, try actually reading it. the premise is that EU is used for no other reason than to change things.

OT: Star Wars should continue, just less releases, and higher quality, more attention paid to public relations and continuity.

Okay, watch a Star Wars movie and then watch a kid's movie, and we'll continue on this pointless tangent.

Anyway, yeah, the problem is not the number of stuff made for Star Wars but the low quality, because at this point Star Wars has become a guaranteed sure sale so they figure it doesn't need to be of particularly high quality.

Star Wars movies do not have the same content as a movie directly aimed at kids. Name the last time you saw a movie clearly directed at children that had war, torture, implied incest, bodily mutilation, and so on.

It painfully obliviously that you sir have never watched Looney Tunes. ;)

Star Wars movies do not have the same content as a movie directly aimed at kids. Name the last time you saw a movie clearly directed at children that had war, torture, implied incest, bodily mutilation, and so on.
It painfully obliviously that you sir have never watched Looney Tunes. ;)

Star Wars (and Looney Tunes) had implied incest? What? :confused:

I'll post this again, since you may be confused:

It is. At least the same way as the series is.

And the Genndy' series did that since when?

It happened when we saw an actual war in it, full scale battles for control of the relevant systems, we saw Grievous turning the tide of the war, we saw Anakin getting closer to the Darkside, we saw Anakin being Knighted and his growth, we saw how Sidious final stroke played effectively putting everything in place for ROTS.

Instead of, poor R2 is lost!!! we gotta risk everything to get the little droid back.

Sorry, but the entire thing is cringe worthy, and i saw more than enough to learn that, your sarcasm is unnecessary.

If Star Wars died now, it'd be dying just as the 13 year wait for Crimson Empire III is coming to an end. Kir Kanos is too badass to not get a proper ending (cue 'moan moan overpowered moan moan glorified stormtrooper'. I'd say the training he got justifies his skill at killing dudes). I'd given up on CEIII ever coming into being, so finding out today that it's finally happening was a very welcome surprise.

Also, the original clone wars cartoon was terrible. From the bits I saw, certain characters were laughably overpowered (I remember one jedi killing an entire army of SBDs at the same time. Alone. I wonder why he never did that in episodes I II or III?). I haven't watched the more recent series, since that time period doesn't really interest me that much (I'm pretty sure I haven't even watched any of the prequel trilogy more than once). I'm more into pre-EpI and post-EPIII (so pretty much anything but the Clone Wars and EpI).

Also, the original clone wars cartoon was terrible. From the bits I saw, certain characters were laughably overpowered (I remember one jedi killing an entire army of SBDs at the same time. Alone. I wonder why he never did that in episodes I II or III?). I haven't watched the more recent series, since that time period doesn't really interest me that much (I'm pretty sure I haven't even watched any of the prequel trilogy more than once). I'm more into pre-EpI and post-EPIII (so pretty much anything but the Clone Wars and EpI).

The sheer awesome of the original might have looked cheesy to some but it was definetly better than being forced to hear a battle droid stupid joke every three minutes on the newer series.

Ok, i can give people that, that one Mace Windu episode, crossed the line between "wow he's so cool" and "that's just ridiculous".

About Grievous, i guess it's GL's thing, make his villains look stupid, the whole CIS army is kinda of a joke (the Stormtroopers too if you think about it) and Grievous became a joke too.

If you are serious about your evilness... you have to be a Sith Lord lol

Archived