Home

TSL: Stuck when leaving Telos Academy

Sarthos

Okay, playing TSL as a female and I used the handmaiden choice for females mod.

Now, when trying to leave the base I get to the Ebon Hawk, board the Ebon Hawk, it goes to a cutscene of the Ebon Hawk taking off, then shows a video of Atris standing by the window. After that, my people are standing in the hangar by the Ebon Hawk again.

Also while going through the Telos Academy, none of the Handmaiden sisters are visible.

I've emptied my override folder, but that hasn't fixed the problem. Anyone else run into this? Teleporting cheats don't work for it really either :(

Edit: Using a teleport code, the game let me out of the Academy. But T3 won't come with me, everything's all messed up, etc.

None, to my knowledge. I emptied my override folder. I'm afraid perhaps an older mod may have damaged the save file when I removed it and installed the handmaiden mod?

Edit: Okay, I emptied the override folder again and everything worked and let me past, no handmaiden. Is there some way to edit the save file to fix that or something?

What I would do is that, now that you have the mod uninstalled, try to go back to an earlier save from before you entered the Telos polar academy and then proceed from there.

If you do want to get that particular mod to work, you could search for its release thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium and post a question there. It's still going to involve going back to a pre-polar academy save, though.

Unfortunately, the most recent save I have is from the military base right before the academy. And even that one isn't working right with or without the mod installed. ie the base is always empty. I get out of there but it isn't exactly right.

Well, you can try using KSE to edit your saves, but at this point I think that you're pretty much hosed. If editing your saves doesn't work, and I don't think that it will, I would go ahead and reinstall and patch the game, then backup the entire game folder in a different location before installing any mods. That way if your game installation ever gets screwed up for any reason, you can just delete the entire game folder, replace it with the backup and you'll have a clean game install again. There are save game files available in Holowan Labs that you can edit in KSE and pretty much pick up where you left off.

Even the plain vanilla KotOR games are pretty quirky, so always save often and in several slots. I usually acquire between 75 and 100 saves per TSL playthrough.

Strange. And frustrating. I restarted and saved a bunch of times on the way. Might have to re-install the game though, not sure wtf it's doing. Still go to the academy and it's empty. It's the third time going through the game, and I haven't had these problems before. I assume the install must be corrupted somehow?

Yeah, it's possible. Read post #6. Download the KotOR Savegame Editor, reinstall and patch the game, download a savegame from Holowan that's at the point in the game that you want, edit it with KSE and proceed from there.

And backup your newly-installed and patched game folder to another location so that you don't have to reinstall the game again.

Another Possibility would be that you get KSE, use a savegame from before you leave the academy and look for "Gender" inside of your savegame. If you put this to GENDER_MALE Handmaiden should be joining you after the academy. After that you can change it back to Female but be careful if you recruit Mical. He'll be replacing Handmaiden if you do so.

Fastmaniac

If you run a scan of your c/drive, It may come up as corrupt, and tell you exactly what file is corrupted!!. Anytime i use a mod, i do a full scan first, to make sure there are no virus's in the mod!!
Are you talking about a damaged hard drive or virii? The mods we download from legitimate sources are clean my friend, else they would not be hosted there. If you are downloading modz from warez factoreez, then you should not be surprized when you get hozed.

As for the issue of the OP, I think Evil Q's advice, per usual, is sound. What I find really odd is that the module's are empty... that nothing is spawning is a little strange. The Handmaiden and sisters is one thing, but the Telos Underground Military Base being empty is wholly another.

Sith Lord 872 may have had a point in scanning your hard drive for bad sectors... You may want to do a chkdisk - it is unlikely, but you may have a hardware issue. Do as Q said, save your Saves elsewhere and keep that as a backup for them. Uninstall the game, restart the PC, use cCleaner or Disk Cleanup and clean your drive up, restart, use a good Defragger and defrag, restart, and then do your fresh install. After the install, restart. Patch the game, restart.

Why all the restarts? It is easier for your PC to digest things in small bites, or bytes :p

Can you get away without doing all of that? Sure, but you are far less likely to have funny install issues if you start from a clean slate, and do restarts between any new installation.

And now for the obligatory canned response.

Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:

Post your system specs

Sometimes we're just not going to be able to help you if we don't know what kind of hardware you have on your machine. If you don't know what you have on your machine, then follow these steps below:

• Bring up the launcher menu for Kotor 1 or 2.
  • Click on "Configure".
  • Click the "Scan Hardware" button on the lower center of the window.
  • Click "Yes" to continue.
  • Click "Details" to view your system specs.
  • Click "Save Report" and save the file to your desktop.
  • Whenever you post your problem, open the file you just saved and copy and paste the contents to your post.

And please specify which version of Windows you are using because the game can't ID anything newer than XP.

Are you talking about a damaged hard drive or virii? The mods we download from legitimate sources are clean my friend, else they would not be hosted there. If you are downloading modz from warez factoreez, then you should not be surprized when you get hozed.

As for the issue of the OP, I think Evil Q's advice, per usual, is sound. What I find really odd is that the module's are empty... that nothing is spawning is a little strange. The Handmaiden and sisters is one thing, but the Telos Underground Military Base being empty is wholly another.

Sith Lord 872 may have had a point in scanning your hard drive for bad sectors... You may want to do a chkdisk - it is unlikely, but you may have a hardware issue. Do as Q said, save your Saves elsewhere and keep that as a backup for them. Uninstall the game, restart the PC, use cCleaner or Disk Cleanup and clean your drive up, restart, use a good Defragger and defrag, restart, and then do your fresh install. After the install, restart. Patch the game, restart.

Why all the restarts? It is easier for your PC to digest things in small bites, or bytes :p

Can you get away without doing all of that? Sure, but you are far less likely to have funny install issues if you start from a clean slate, and do restarts between any new installation.

I was referring to a virus, If his hard drive had one, Chances are it corrupted one of the files for the game!!

And now for the obligatory canned response.

Try using the game's configuration utility to post your system specs:

And please specify which version of Windows you are using because the game can't ID anything newer than XP.

If this is adressed to me, there's no need. I figured it out. The way I managed to fix this was by removing 262TEL.mod from the Module folder. It hasn't affected my game (yet) besides making the Sisters visible and allowing me to leave the Academy.

I'll repost if any issues arise.

• 4 years later...

Archived