Home

a few WIP heads

This is looking great VP. :)

IDK why, but i always thought visas would have dark hair.

I did too. She seems like one of those girls that would have like pitch black hair haha.

Jedi are better with beards. The disadvantages caused by inability to grow beards are why so few women are the main heroes in Star Wars material.

If beards are what makes an epic Jedi, then explain Anakin and Luke :xp: neither of them had a beard.

If beards are what makes an epic Jedi' date=' then explain Anakin and Luke :xp: neither of them had a beard.[/quote']

Anakin whined all the time, couldn't figure out that a guy from a group infamous for lying all the time was lying to him, and was beaten so badly he had to live in insanely high-tech life support for the rest of his life. No beard, and not awesome. Also, the guy who got him burned up was a jedi with a beard. Although Obi Wan was supposedly weaker in the force, he still won. His beard clearly gave him an edge.

Luke whined a bit less, but still whined. His dad, who we've already established as less great than a supposedly less Force-powerful bearded jedi, managed to wreck him and cut off his hand. Luke was also getting absolutely destroyed by an old man, until his dad felt bad for him and took the old man by surprise by tossing him into a bottomless pit. That doesn't sound too awesome.

Beards aren't required (after all, there have been some powerful female Jedi), but I think it's pretty clear that they act in concert with the Force to greatly amplify whatever the beard-wearer's natural force strength might be. Kyle Katarn figured this out, which is why he grew a beard between Dark Forces and DFII: Jedi Knight, allowing him to harness his formidable strength in the force.

edit: To make this slightly on-topic, instead of making a new post, I'll just say here that the Visas head looks to be coming along nicely. Having the headdress as an equippable item would be a nice addition for those who like to have the option of the original look. Perhaps it would make sense for it to be equipped on her when you first meet. Of course, that would increase incompatibilities with other mods that edit her inventory, so it might be best to leave that for people to edit manually, since it's a pretty simple process.

Anakin whined all the time, couldn't figure out that a guy from a group infamous for lying all the time was lying to him, and was beaten so badly he had to live in insanely high-tech life support for the rest of his life. No beard, and not awesome. Also, the guy who got him burned up was a jedi with a beard. Although Obi Wan was supposedly weaker in the force, he still won. His beard clearly gave him an edge.

Luke whined a bit less, but still whined. His dad, who we've already established as less great than a supposedly less Force-powerful bearded jedi, managed to wreck him and cut off his hand. Luke was also getting absolutely destroyed by an old man, until his dad felt bad for him and took the old man by surprise by tossing him into a bottomless pit. That doesn't sound too awesome.

Beards aren't required (after all, there have been some powerful female Jedi), but I think it's pretty clear that they act in concert with the Force to greatly amplify whatever the beard-wearer's natural force strength might be. Kyle Katarn figured this out, which is why he grew a beard between Dark Forces and DFII: Jedi Knight, allowing him to harness his formidable strength in the force.

Quoted for Hilarity!!!! :lol:

I agree, beards make the Jedi. If Starkiller had just grown a beard....

Back on topic, the Visas head seems to be coming along nicely, although her recolored Brianna hair is not what I expected. Not really sure what I expected though, so it is still cool!

@ TB12: Bald Visas = Please no! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Back on topic, the Visas head seems to be coming along nicely, although her recolored Brianna hair is not what I expected. Not really sure what I expected though, so it is still cool!

I had different hair in mind originally, but the short hair tends to work best.

Also, that's not technically Brianna's hair. It's the short blonde-haired chick from Kotor1.

• 1 month later...

Some updates on heads. Just a few more examples of what can be done with the headmodeling concepts I covered.

Here is the final model/skins for Visas, unless you guys have any objections.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
1e1V9.jpg

7Bw61.jpg

The new Layne Staley Head, available over at Deadly Stream.

Show spoiler
PPrkR.jpg

Sith head coming later, though I must warn you guys, it's turning out to be more of a hybrid/Naga Sadow type of sith.

Basically agree with last three. Never thought of her as having lighter colored hair or even that short. However, like the sinister sith look around the DS eyes.

Argh, you guys suck... :p

Alright, slightly longer haired Visas is in progress. She originally had short hair because I wouldn't have had to worry about clipping issues with her shroud (which will be an equipable item in the mod) There are work-arounds since the majority of you want the longer hair.... I'm assuming like the picture.

The lips smaller is probably not going to happen though. One of the main goals of this mod was to construct the rest of Visas' head without touching the already visible portion of her head.

Argh, you guys suck... :p

Alright, slightly longer haired Visas is in progress. She originally had short hair because I wouldn't have had to worry about clipping issues with her shroud (which will be an equipable item in the mod) There are work-arounds since the majority of you want the longer hair.... I'm assuming like the picture.

The lips smaller is probably not going to happen though. One of the main goals of this mod was to construct the rest of Visas' head without touching the already visible portion of her head.

Perhaps you could have release both, since one could argue that the short hair might've been something either Nihilus or one of his followers did, as that is sometimes used as a form of torture(which would likely be one of the lesser cruelty's she would've faced during her time with him). The short hair would be the effect of it growing back. And with the longer hair(likely the same as PFHC05's, as it is similar to the comic image), would be either it growing back entirely, or for any who just want it that way.

maybe the hair could be slicked back and tight to the neck? Something like movie Mystique (but dark instead of red). After all, wearing a hood all day, everyday, would tend to flatten out her hair.

I've made up a version that is similar to what you just suggested, Redrob.

It's pretty much almost complete too, but I didn't use the PFHC05 hair, I used the hair from one of the black heads that no one ever uses.

And as it turns out, I made it just right so that the hair doesn't clip through the shroud.... looks like I'll just use this new version.

Actually Redrob, I just barely managed to pull off the hair retexture, and I must say it looks pretty damn good.

Well, Idk, it could maybe use some refining.... Let's see what people think before I have you go and texture stuff again. I know the hair on the side of the head could use some work... :p

Show spoiler
2x5AT.jpg

VP - you're too nice...I just want to say this, it's your mod--make it the way YOU see it, the way you envision it...if people don't like it, then let them learn how to do it themselves....

btw, I like the first short haired visa

btw2, I'm a little grumpy today

I think the newer (longer hair) looks better simply because it is more unique than the short hair (it gets used a lot in mods). There are just a few tweaks that could be made, but you're probably aware of them. The dark lines around the ears, are they because the uvw map is crisscrossing the texture?

As for the cheeks, maybe I could lighten the blush a bit so it looks less like a shadow. Also, do people think that the eye sockets are too dark?

I think the newer (longer hair) looks better simply because it is more unique than the short hair (it gets used a lot in mods). There are just a few tweaks that could be made, but you're probably aware of them. The dark lines around the ears, are they because the uvw map is crisscrossing the texture?

Yeah, that hair was a bitch! The UVMAP is not being kind to me. You may need to spot me on that Redrob. Sending you the files soon via deadlystream.

As for the cheeks, maybe I could lighten the blush a bit so it looks less like a shadow. Also, do people think that the eye sockets are too dark?

I was trying to make the eye sockets look like they had damaged skin... I may or may not have succeeded though. I think I've established that skinning is not my forte though.

her cheeks seem a bit swollen or something... maybe make her jawline a bit thinner? i like the direction of the hair a lot though.

I'll see what I can do. My goal was to retain as much as I could of her original model (which pretty much had most of her facial structure), but I also want to make her head reasonably proportioned... well, for a Miraluka :p

VP - you're too nice...I just want to say this, it's your mod--make it the way YOU see it, the way you envision it...if people don't like it, then let them learn how to do it themselves....

It's called compromise. I'm willing to meet you guys halfway and accommodate suggestions. I was pretty unsure about the hair to begin with, and I do like the end result much better... well, the sideburns are pretty funky.

Yay. But you could always release your first done version as an alternate.

No point anymore. That version is kind of gone now anyways...

Archived