Home

Green Lantern

Astor

I think it looks interesting, and I'll definitely go and see it, but the heavy CGI puts me off a little.

It looks interesting to me, too. However, I think the heavy CGI is needed to show GL's universe.

I'm a DC fan, so I'm going to see it.

Of course the villain isn't Sinestro. You save the best villain for the second movie, and you use the first movie for buildup and an origin story.

Only if the comic protaganist is a popular enough hero to warrant multiple movies. Seems to me Green Lantern will need to pull off some big moves if it wants to see the light of day on a second movie. He's just not popular enough in pop culture (disposable cash age) nowadays.

Sinestro is Green Lantern's only re-occurring villain that's really worth anything.

Superman has Luthor. First movie. Check (both versions)

Spiderman has Green Goblin. First Movie. Check

Batman has Joker. First Movie. Check (original)

even the Dark Knight had to pull off a Joker by the second movie. That, and only Batman (or Spiderman) has a varied enough villain base (read: popular and well known by non-comic fans) to pull it off successfully.

Xmen too.. but they've already ruined that line. Reboot necessary to get any life back in to that wreck :¬:

I've never had much interest in the superhero genre, and the only exposure to Green Lanter that i've had before this is from watching the Big Bang Theory. Normally i find this kind of thing to be somewhat tacky, and quite frankly, too American for me. That's not a troll, just a cultural observation.

I will say however, that this actually looks pretty damm cool. Even with the heavy CGI, which has pretty much become a staple in most modern day action/sci-fi flicks, i think that i'll be going to see this if and when a UK release comes.

Archived