Home

This would give anyone "mother issues"

Totenkopf

Clearly this "Jew" subculture that so loves this work and has been responsible for creating it and propagating it is harmful to our children, especially considering its penchant for bodily mutilation of innocent children.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
2901.jpg

Done in one. Was wondering how few posts before someone blamed religion.

What else can you blame? Obviously she isn´t exactly sane, but if she hadn´t read that something like this is to be done in the holy book of her beliefs, she wouldn´t have done it.

What else can you blame?
I don't know, the medical industry, insurance industry, family, friends, the father, child protective services, policy, Obama… or anyone that should have seen that this mother was a danger to her child. Why exactly do we have to blame anyone?

We don’t blame the mentally ill because they are not responsible for their actions, so we look for someone or something else to blame. I see this more a symptom of the disease. When family members have a tumor, I don’t blame them and I don’t blame the Bible even if they are religious, I blame the cancer.

Circumcision is practiced not only by Jewish, but has also been used for a variety of health and hygiene reasons. It has even been shown in several studies that there is a 60% decrease in HIV transmission... The medical view on it has changed from yes, to no, to yes, to no, and currently it's yes(I think... it gets rather confusing... they seem to change their minds every few years.)

Circumcision is practiced not only by Jewish, but has also been used for a variety of health and hygiene reasons. It has even been shown in several studies that there is a 60% decrease in HIV transmission... The medical view on it has changed from yes, to no, to yes, to no, and currently it's yes(I think... it gets rather confusing... they seem to change their minds every few years.)

I'm pretty sure it's 'doesn't really matter' right now. Health wise, uncut is only at more risk of infections if the dude doesn't clean it occasionally. It's a pretty negligible risk nowadays. In times when baths/showers/any form of washing oneself were far more rare, it may have been a more common problem, though there are tons of more likely infections they'd be facing. As for HIV transmission, the solution for that is condoms and not having partners with HIV.

It's still a lot more common in the US than most other places (other than Israel of course). At this point it's largely done in the US because people who were circumcised when it was considered more healthy think of it as normal, and uncut as strange. Since it's an almost riskless procedure and takes less time than discussing whether it's important with the parents, doctors tend to just do it. It's become a cultural thing. IMO, it's similar to many biblical dietary restrictions and whatnot, something that had a medical purpose in ancient times, but has been made redundant by modern knowledge.

Even though I think circumcision's pretty pointless, I can't blame religion for this woman's actions. For instance, even though plenty of doctors recommend eye surgery, I wouldn't blame doctors if someone hurt another person while trying to do eye surgery based on information from YouTube. What it comes down to is that an untrained woman attempted to perform elective surgery on a baby with a boxcutter, pliers, and knowledge from internet videos. It's pretty clear where the problem lies.

[blasphemy!]Maybe this God guy is at fault too though. If he wanted people without foreskins, why didn't he just make them that way to begin with? Wouldn't such an alteration also be humans making themselves less 'in his image'? God should have known he'd confuse people, that guy really didn't think things through.[/blasphemy!]

Maybe we should -start- blaming the mentally ill. I mean, let's face it, you can classify anything under a 'mental illness' or 'mental deficiency'. Stupidity, lack of common sense, callousness, murder, torture, rape, etc...

I think this thread clearly needs more Twinkies. And perhaps some moondust.

I say lock the dangerous bitch up and throw away the key... "yes I read the Old testament and thought it would be cool to chance Killing or disfiguring my own son, Hey if I screw up I can always put him in a dress"... Wow.

The British Medical association State...

"In the past, circumcision of boys has been considered to be either medically or socially beneficial or, at least, neutral. The general perception has been that no significant harm was caused to the child and therefore with appropriate consent it could be carried out. The medical benefits previously claimed, however, have not been convincingly proven, and it is now widely accepted, including by the BMA, that this surgical procedure has medical and psychological risks. It is essential that doctors perform male circumcision only where this is demonstrably in the best interests of the child. The responsibility to demonstrate that non-therapeutic circumcision is in a particular child’s best interests falls to his parents. The BMA considers that the evidence concerning health benefit from non-therapeutic circumcision is insufficient for this alone to be a justification for doing it"

And I wholeheartedly agree.

Imagine that... I am not blaming religion either.

@Liverandbacon: your [blasphemy] portion was an interesting thought experiment igniter. It is never easy to recognize what God would actually "want" :)

This woman needs to be examined thoroughly by the mental brigade; if she somehow passes average clinical scrutiny she needs to be jailed for a long time. A sane person that is willing to torture a child in such a way "in the name of good" and trying to "help him" is most definitely not safe for the streets. There seems to be an obvious contradiction there, but I am no biological/chemical/psychological brain expert, so maybe one and not the other is possible :giveup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived