Home

48÷2(9+3) =

Q

How does one study for English, other than occasionally doing the work they're assigned during the year?

This gives me all the tools i need for trolling, but i can´t be bothered so I´ll simply put it this way: I don´t speak English as my first language, so I could have memorized words, grammar etc.

And by the way, I didn´t do any English homework in the entire high school, which is a feat I´m rather proud of.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This gives me all the tools i need for trolling, but i can´t be bothered so I´ll simply put it this way: I don´t speak English as my first language, so I could have memorized words, grammar etc.

And by the way, I didn´t do any English homework in the entire high school, which is a feat I´m rather proud of.

I only assumed otherwise because Lynk was referring to 'English' as a subject the way a native speaker means it. It would be reasonable (though in this case incorrect) to assume that you were referring to the same subject as the person quoted. English as a foreign language class is a totally different beast to English as a native language class, as is true with any language. Not really sure where trolling would happen, unless you went for 'lol American doesn't know other countries exist', which really doesn't provoke anyone, since being jealous of our freedoms is perfectly understandable. :nvr4get::)

Seeing Lynk's picture for the first time kind of flipped me, because I knew he was an Aussie, but he definitely wasn't white, yet he clearly wasn't an aborigine, either. Then he stated that he was of Indian descent and it all made sense.

I only assumed otherwise because Lynk was referring to 'English' as a subject the way a native speaker means it. It would be reasonable (though in this case incorrect) to assume that you were referring to the same subject as the person quoted. English as a foreign language class is a totally different beast to English as a native language class, as is true with any language. Not really sure where trolling would happen, unless you went for 'lol American doesn't know other countries exist', which really doesn't provoke anyone, since being jealous of our freedoms is perfectly understandable. :nvr4get::)

You do know that i live in "the best country in the world" (according to this article: http://www.newsweek.com/feature/2010/the-world-s-best-countries.html#) so i don´t have to be jealous of your freedoms. Why did you think that would provoke me? :xp:

Let´s just drop this, I won´t come back because i became rather allergic to math when i prepared for the exams...

You do know that i live in "the best country in the world" (according to this article: http://www.newsweek.com/feature/2010/the-world-s-best-countries.html#) so i don´t have to be jealous of your freedoms. Why did you think that would provoke me? :xp:

Let´s just drop this, I won´t come back because i became rather allergic to math when i prepared for the exams...

I always knew Canadians were better than us US folks. I mean hell... look at who we chose for President... that indicates that major rough times are upon us, when we choose the Democrat that will increase our debt rather than try to break even. :xp:

48÷2(9+3) = WTF?

WAIT JUST A DOGGONE MINUTE HERE! :fist: OKAY, WHO THE HELL GAVE YA'LL THE COMBINATION TO MY SENTRY SAFE?!

:raise: And most important question of all, why in the hell are you guys playing around with it, as if it was some complex math problem? I mean really....beats all I ever seen.

gonna have to reset the dagum combination now, grumble, grumble......

Archived