Home

The fangames media section at The International House of Mojo

Giocherellone

Hello, guys! :thmbup1:

Several months ago I presented on this forum asking for help to continue my collection of LucasArts fangames.

I was noticed by the heads of Lucasforums, who thought that because of my 'competence', I could work with them to their own idea: an initiative that was yet to be realized.

Obviously I was very flattered by all this (thanks, Gabez! :cheers:), and though I thought (and still think) I am not up to the task that was given to me, in all humility, I began to follow this project. :ang2:

Thus began a correspondence by e-mail, full of requests for clarification, and how the work was to be done.

Now the work can be considered "made", although of course, it is in continuous improvement and updating.

You can find it (and enjoy) here:

http://mixnmojo.com/media/filecategories/Fan-Games

This is the result of the enthusiasm of many fans, both those who have always followed the characters LucasArts, both those who created the fangames and from those who still want to have fun with Guybrush, Indy, Zak and so on.

These games come from all over the world!

Over time, some of these games could have been lost (and I fear that some are no longer available), so it was decided to put on a single website all that were available. I think there are fangames really hard to find on the internet, and they are here for you!

Many of these games have very many years, so there may be problems in using them with modern PC operating systems (they have been tested with Windows XP).

For most of the older ones, just use a DOS emulator.

Should you run into other problems, speak well to this topic. If I can, I will explain how to solve the problems. Otherwise, other users of the forum will surely like to give you a hand!

I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies that may be found in the descriptions of the games (and for my English...).

I tried to be as accurate as possible, but something may have been overlooked...

If you are aware that something was reported incorrectly, please submit them well in this topic, also highlighting the references of the case: I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

All this applies even more so, if you are the authors of the fangames reported.

So guys ... Have fun!

:jester1:

It certainly is a very comprehensive list! I'm still working on editing some of the reviews (just touching up the English a little bit, though they're very well written for someone who isn't a native speaker), and I think in the future we might be able to divide them up into different languages, as well as give stars for the ones that are the best.

But yeah, it's an interesting and useful museum archive. It's quite a unique thing about the LucasArts community that there are so many fangames (most other games have mods, which aren't really the same).

Nice work! Though I think the only ones I'm interested in right now is Indiana Jones and The Fountain of Youth and Indiana Jones and The Seven Cities of Gold.

If I would be making a fangame myself it would be also definitely Indiana Jones.

Cheers Igor! Nice round up page, too. Yet I notice this piece of text appearing here and there in FoY descriptions which isn't correct:

Initially the game was called "The Fate of Atlantis 2"

It has always been called Fountain of Youth, Jocke had written it especially as a new adventure that had nothing to do with Fate what so ever. Disinformation!! ;)

Disinformation!! ;)

Confirmed. Fate of Atlantis 2 was a separate project which was already in progress when we started on FoY. The website for FoA2 can still be found here. At the time, it was one of the most high-profile fan projects, along with Hero 6 and Zak 2 (not the one that came out).

Yeah, in those times I was eagerly waiting for FOA2 as well, but by now I lost all hope it will ever see the light of day. :(

Back then I was also trying to make my own Indy game with IndyJAVA, but that engine didn't work too well. I think it was never full completed.

Yeah, in those times I was eagerly waiting for FOA2 as well, but by now I lost all hope it will ever see the light of day. :(

That canceled Zak sequel looked amazing as well. Amusingly, Between Time and Space seemed very amateurish for the first few years of its production. I would never guess back then that it would be the one to actually come out, let alone end up as impressive as it did.

Back then I was also trying to make my own game with IndyJAVA, but that engine didn't work too well.

Ha, that was my first experience with Java.

In general, I have fond memories of those days. The community was very active back then.

Eek some of my really old Games Factory games appear to have slipped in there.... and I thought destroying fangames.co.uk might prevent the world from ever having to see them again.

Don't be hatin' on Chris Ushko, yo! ;)

Scurvyliver also made some good stuff on TGF and he's a poster here. You're not trying to hurt my ninja's feelings, are you?

EDIT: Heh, my apologies, I can't read. I thought you were referring to TGF projects in general.

Cheers Igor! Nice round up page, too. Yet I notice this piece of text appearing here and there in FoY descriptions which isn't correct:

It has always been called Fountain of Youth, Jocke had written it especially as a new adventure that had nothing to do with Fate what so ever. Disinformation!! ;)

I have already taken action to correct the error.

Apparently my sources of information were incorrect.

Thanks for your report!

Eek some of my really old Games Factory games appear to have slipped in there.... and I thought destroying fangames.co.uk might prevent the world from ever having to see them again.

WOW what a surprise! :clap2:

Nice to meet you, E.D.!

Finally, a "pioneer" of fangames!

You could be really helpful!

If you like, check out all the news I reported on the famous fangames you know, and let me know if I'm correct, OK?

And if you were able to restore your "Fangames.co.uk" website, or to recover the games that were hosted there, let me know!

Haha, that site! Complete with 'moving' poetry: 'Lucasarts care not, / Meanwhile George is sucking cocks, /and ****ing the fans.'

Good to see you on the forums, ED. The only person who would give me hosting. :~ I was too MOLD BREAKING for Mojo!

Parts of fangames.co.uk are banned by the LFN ;)

I'd forgotten how much hate there was... or that I was hosting the resistance's website.

Good to see you Gabez.

I have plans to save fg.co.uk but they're moving extremely slowly. Stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone,

I found some gaffa tape lying around and so I'm pleased to announce after 5 years of not being able to access the content, FG.co.uk is viewable again.

http://www.fangames.co.uk

A new all singing all dancing version of the site is still in the works but this should keep people happy until then.

Guys, I think it is important to reiterate that I apologize for any errors and for the incorrect news that I have written in the descriptions of the games.

Please, notify me all the errors that you find, and I'll try to fix everything as soon as possible.

If you want, you can write me using my e-mail address (bye.pulciniverdi@libero.it)

Ciao ciao

• 9 months later...

Hi folks! :)

In recent months the fangame page has been continuously updated and implemented, and then I'm here for reports due.

I managed to track some fangames I did not have, and I found many that I did not know the existence!

Here the list:

- Loom II - Chaos returns / The years of Chaos / Chaos

I was really lucky: the release of this demo was not advertised!

- Zak McKraken 2: Between time and space / Zak McKraken forever / the Return to the Beginning of Time / Revenge of the Alien Mindbenders

This is a magnificent project of German fans! Here's the unavailable demo made in 2004!

- Zak McKraken and The lonely sea monster / Zak Mckracken et le monstre de mer / Zak Mckracken et la créature des profondeurs

This is a game that fans have been waiting for years! Finally, the author has released the demo!

- Indiana Jones and the Passage of Saints

A Christmas gift from the team of "Fountain of Youth"!

And a list of Star Wars fangames!

- Star Wars (by Piou-piou)

A little arcade-shooter made by Klik'n'Play

- Star Wars - Blasters and Clones

This is a recent project made with Game Maker... but it seems that it has been already abandoned

- Star Wars - Proti Císari

A game from the Czech Republic

- Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith: Coruscant Attack

- Star Wars RPG

- Star Wars Scroller

- Star Wars Snowtroopers Epic Adventure (Super stormtroopers ultimate secret espionage on Hoth)

- Star Wars X-Wing

- Starfighter and the unturned clones

- Episode VII - The dark side of the story

- The Empire strikes back (Remake by DanjoSoftware)

- The Empire strikes back (Remake by Minionsoft)

These two have participated in "Operation Retro-remakes".

- War Stars (The search for a proper title)

A tasty little play made ​​with AGS

- Yoda

This one is the winner of the Russian MAGS!

Some games that were previously reported, have had some implementations: here they are:

- Carnaval Vudù / La Maldicion Voodoo / Largo's search (la vengeanza de Largo)

During the 2011 Christmas holidays has been released Part 1, which adds to the previous demos!

- Inside Monkey Island

Now also the English version and the demo of Part 4!

- The Devil's Triangle

Added the Spanish translation of the game!

- MI-2 LeChuck's Revenge / The devil's triangle 2

Added the Spanish and the Italian translation of the game!

- Indiana Jones and The fountain of youth

In 2011 was released a new version of the demo, implemented and improved! In all the languages released!

- Monkey Island - Carnival of the Damned

Added the English translation of the game!

- Raiders of the Lost Ark (Tanis)

Added the NEW demo of the October 2011, English and Spanish!

- The adventures of Sherman Toothrot / Sherman Bragbone - a cupful of trouble

Added the NEW demo from spring 2011!

- Coffee Island - Coffee Island 2: La vendetta del chicco

Added the demo of part 2!

- The secret of Mount Monkey / Lorraine Threepwood and the curse of Tafkasomm

Added the NEW release (2011) of this incomplete game!

WHEW!

Please notify me of any errors or omissions, so that it can fix everything at once.

Other things are in the pipeline.

Stay tuned!

Ciao ciao from Italy! :jester1:

Archived