Home

Could LucasArts be heading to GOG

Threepwood4life

this was on GOGs main page

"The big day is approaching and everyone is counting hours, minutes and seconds when the GOG staff members will appear in the spotlight! Believe us, we're all excited about this as well, but first things first. Let us give you some details, so everyone knows who, what, where and when.

Who? All of you, our dear users, are invited to watch the live streaming of the CDP Days 2011 Spring Conference.

What? The live streaming will include presentations by CD Projekt RED with their awesome game The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, and GOG.com revealing some cool stuff. Both presentations will be in English.

Where? You'll be able to watch both presentations on GOG.com. On Thursday we'll put up a news post with a live stream video window embedded in it for your convenience.

When? The live streaming of CD Projekt RED presentation will start on Thursday, April 14 at 12:00 p.m. EST (that's 4:00 p.m. GMT).

GOG will hit the stage an hour later at 1:00 p.m. EST (5:00 p.m. GMT)."

Now for the past few hours there have been some clues relating to what this announcement could be and many on the GOG forums have said that it could be LucasArts related and is hotly been discussed as these are the clues so far;

What Game Made you Dream of the Stars?

What Game Made You Ride with the Outlaws?

What Game Made You Fear Your Past?

What Game Made You Go To the Underworld?

Now instantly the 2nd clue sticks out as I'm thinking it could be Outlaws from the instant you see that word. The first clue could be related to possibly Star Wars or The Dig. Some think the 3rd could be to do with KOTOR and the 4th, like me and many others think it could be related to Grim Fandango.

Holy ****. Grim Fandango sorted out so it works properly on newer computers? Yes please!

I asked my colleague what he thought (without revealing your speculation) and he said The Dig for #1, Full Throttle for #2, Day of the Tentacle for #3, and of course Grim Fandango for #4. Seems quite sound to me, especially if they go for an adventure game pack rather than just a LucasArts pack. Also KOTOR wasn't really LucasArts-developed.

Holy ****. Grim Fandango sorted out so it works properly on newer computers? Yes please!

I asked my colleague what he thought (without revealing your speculation) and he said The Dig for #1, Full Throttle for #2, Day of the Tentacle for #3, and of course Grim Fandango for #4. Seems quite sound to me, especially if they go for an adventure game pack rather than just a LucasArts pack. Also KOTOR wasn't really LucasArts-developed.

A few thought for clue 2 it could be Full Throttle but I really do think it could be Outlaws. Now DOTT is an interesting suggestion for clue 3 as I wouldn't have thought of that myself especially with how the text font looked for that clue as it was in a "Horror/thriller" style type font.

It's looking more likely than I'd thought before. Guess we'll see later today.

The conference is tomorrow (14th April)

Theres speculation it may even be EA or Origin because Wing Commander and Ultima Underworld have been brought up a few times would be surprised if it were but my gut tells me its sounds more like LucasArts everytime.

GoG.com has really come along since it was first launched. I'm impressed with their list of games (especially since they have my favourite one, The Last Express!) I want to pick up Gabriel Knight and the Longest Journey.

Going to the underworld sort of made me think of Magic Carpet 2, but that's very unlikely since they don't have the first Magic Carpet! I should think it will be Grim Fandango. That would be cool.

The conference is tomorrow (14th April)

Theres speculation it may even be EA or Origin because Wing Commander and Ultima Underworld have been brought up a few times would be surprised if it were but my gut tells me its sounds more like LucasArts everytime.

Apparently I can't tell time anymore.

It has to be EA. I don't know for sure, I just want it to be. No offence to LucasArts, I want their classics re-released, but I've played all of their classics to death. EA have dozens of superb classics that are itching for a digital release, that I'll gladly snap up.

What game made monsters fear you? Potentially Dungeon Keeper.

couple of New clues up;

"What game made you afraid of the dark?"

Only game I can think of for this is the Alone in the Dark series, they only have The New Nightmare on the site already so maybe its the rest of them.

"What game makes you feel like a hero?"

Thats nearly every game in existence isn't it haha

Some of the speculation and emails that people have recieved have suggested it could be more than one publisher so maybe it could be both EA & LucasArts making their GOG.com debuts

To be honest just getting Grim Fandango on there would be splendid. Most of LucasArts' other games can be played fine on newer computers thanks to ScummVM, but Grim Fandango remains one of the most finicky and incompatible messes ever and is pretty much unplayable on most computers nowadays — and definitely not playable with its slightly nicer graphics modes enabled.

To be honest just getting Grim Fandango on there would be splendid. Most of LucasArts' other games can be played fine on newer computers thanks to ScummVM, but Grim Fandango remains one of the most finicky and incompatible messes ever and is pretty much unplayable on most computers nowadays — and definitely not playable with its slightly nicer graphics modes enabled.

:thmbup1:

I was especially interested in that part about "remastering older games and making them work on newer PCs", and also that bit about including as many cool goodies with the downloads as possible :)

Not confirmed, though.

I was especially interested in that part about "remastering older games and making them work on newer PCs", and also that bit about including as many cool goodies with the downloads as possible :)

Not confirmed, though.

GOG always does that with all there titles so would be interesting what content could come with the LA titles, thats if they are one of those 3 publishers they signed.

My money is on they've got LA, EA and Square Enix and honestly I could see EA been the one with the 25 games been released in the summer.

Archived