Home

Game of Thrones

In most cases I think the nudity could go without (although it doesn't bother me either), but for Game of Thrones I think it would offend the fanbase if there wasn't nudity. It wouldn't be true to the books, or at least it would be ignoring an aspect that is prevalent in the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll definitely wanna stay tuned. The start's pretty slow, but it was necessary. I'm glad people have kept watching through the slow episodes. I actually forgot about some of the stuff that's happening in the first book, thinking it happened later on in the series. So I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes. Because this series is about to shift a gear higher. :)

I'm also looking forward to Tywin, and Davos Seaworth. My wife has been watching this with me so far and is already having a hard time keeping up with the characters... she has no idea... there are so many integral pieces that haven't yet been introduced. I was tempted to fill her in on the back story of Maester Aemon during his appearance but decided to let it go. I went through the same exercise with Ser Barristan Selmy during his scene with Robert and Jaime... also let it go. I often find myself telling her something like "remember this character - he will be really important later", but there's only so many times you can say that and still have it be effective. Sandor Clegane comes to mind as an example of that.

I had a hard time getting into the first episode. I kept going "who the **** is that and why should I care". Once I got over that and just watched the show, it grew on me. Can't wait to see what happens next episode. I assume the Lannisters are going to be pissed.

I like Tyrion. He reminds me of a miniature Eddie Izzard. It must be the accent.

I also like Arya Stark. She's such a badass girl. I haven't read the books, does she become a knight or something? No idea how much time passes in the books.

Arya's story is pretty awesome. If you want to know more about it:

She does not become a knight - at least not by the end of the 4th book (all that's been released so far). She is on a path to become a trained killer, by the most badass assassins in the known world.

Really enjoying the show so far - although I overindulged in my search for background information - so I've kind of spoiled some of the big plot points in later episodes, but still looking forward to seeing how they play out.

Yeah, I can understand the difficulty of keeping track of everything. There's so many characters and still so many to be introduced and it can get a bit confusing, even for someone who's read the books, like me. And to think some of the characters introduced will only get important in season 2 (or possibly 3 and beyond). But it's important they're introduced now, so you won't be saying "who the hell is this?!" when that character starts to be really involved in the Game of Thrones. It's part of the difficulty of creating a TV show based on a series of books that's not finished yet.

Oh, and I think there's some Aemon backstory coming up next episode, or the one after that, I'm not sure. But I agree, I sometimes wonder if people will get the same satisfaction of seeing the story unfold as me if some characters, like Ser Barristan Selmy, are underlit.

Arya's story is pretty awesome. If you want to know more about it:

She does not become a knight - at least not by the end of the 4th book (all that's been released so far). She is on a path to become a trained killer, by the most badass assassins in the known world.

That sounds pretty cool. I wonder if the TV series will last that long.

• 1 month later...

So we've come to the last episode of the season, this sunday. Have those new to GoT recovered from the shock yet? Remember, this isn't the last you've seen of heartwrenching moments, in my opinion even more difficult moments will follow.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Red Wedding, anyone? :(

I'm pleased with the season as a whole so far. It faithfully adapted the books but can really stand on its own. I'm also happy with the performances. Dinklage never wavered as Tyrion, we saw some good stuff from Robb that reminded me why I liked the character in the books so much. I've also come to like the Daenerys story arc, where in the books I didn't really like it that much.

After episode 9, Westeros will never be the same again. Keep watching, the Game of Thrones has only just begun!

After episode 9, Westeros will never be the same again. Keep watching, the Game of Thrones has only just begun!

Militades confirmed as HBO employee doing viral marketing.

The past 6 years has just been part of a plan to gain our trust. And he would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids! As well as accidentally talking like a press release.

The series is that good. I stopped watching it on the second ep, sure, but only because I went to pick up the books. I'm currently reading the second one and only now watching all the eps I missed and finally getting all the nuances of the plots and characters - and still the series manages to spoil a few things

like now I understand why Renly Baratheon's personal guard is called Rainbow ¬¬

• 10 months later...

What's up people! Where are those GoT fans? We're 5 episodes in of Season 2, I hope people haven't been tuning out because of all the new characters, because it's still as good as ever!

So, what does everyone think of Season 2 so far?

I like most of what's been shown so far. Although, having read all five books in the meantime, I do have minor issues with some "loose interpretations" by the TV show writers.

When it comes to new characters, I think they did a great job with the casting choice for Davos Seaworth, but Stannis could be better (I think the actor playing Stannis would have been much better in the role of Janos Slynt). Melisandre is OK, Balon Greyjoy is pretty much what I imagined and Salador San was surprisingly entertaining. Xaro Xoan Daxos might not be what I imagined, but I think the actor is doing a good job nonetheless.

Going back to the old characters - Arya is still awesome, as is Tyrion. I'm liking Varys more and more, so props to his actor as well.

Yep, I got completely the same thought on Stannis. Also, Yara (or Asha) is completely different from how I envisioned her, but she doesn't do a bad job either way.

Also credit to the guy playing Joffrey. As disgusting as his character is, the actor plays it to perfection. A lot has been said about the child-actors for a series this violent and all, but they're all doing an amazing job.

Archived